Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:39:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Single SC Contest, Help Me Win!  (Read 2034 times)
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 01:30:33 AM

I respect SysRun but here are the facts:
- The Chinese pumpkin farming industry has quadrupled while SysRun's video has been online
- SysRun openly supports gay pumpkin marriage, which is a direct assault on our nation's values
- SysRun's original carving was of communist Che Guevara. It was scrapped when his campaign determined it didn't poll well.

something minimal like splitting 50% of first months profit when you get to keep the rest of the BTC that thing makes for the rest its lifetime and can even sell it for more $ at some point or trade it in for the next generation...

I'm seeking a campaign manager to head my get out the vote effort. If I win, I will gladly give 50% of the first month's profit to my manager, and the other 50% to those who voted. Spread the wealth.

I would certainly vote for whichever candidate ran under this political platform, but I'm afraid I am not popular enough to spearhead campaign efforts.

At the moment, if you only have one vote, you'd only need 11 to tie first place. Certainly there would be enough people here on BTCTalk willing to sign up for BFL forums and vote for a decisive victory.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

einc.io

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 01:47:47 AM

May the best video win.

Easy2Mine

Activity: 854

einc.io

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 01:54:45 AM

I vote anonymous
I vote on the video that is in my humble opionion is the best one.
There are too many good videos.
I only can vote only once.

Disclaimer
I don't have any video myself for the contest
I respect the people spending time and effort to create the videos.
 Cheesy

SysRun (OP)

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 02:25:52 AM

My friend CrazyBlane accuses me of supporting trickle down pumpkinomics and that simply isn't true. You know, I was in Ohio the other day and I met a woman who came up to me and she was crying she said, "We need more pumpkins for my family, is it going to get better?" And I told her, "if you vote for me, yes... yes it will get better."

If you look at the statistics, you'll see that there are a number of indicators, the squash factor is one, that show how things are already getting better...

Ok that's exhausting. your turn.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:02:05 AM

SMH...my android miner didn't make the list  Sad

i should have put some music in the video...maybe some fancy blinking lights. even bitcoin needs sexing up.
SysRun (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:06:55 AM

at least we'll still have the chance to win randomly.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
kimmeriets
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 06:34:26 AM

SMH...my android miner didn't make the list  Sad

Yes, it is strange .... but your video has complied with all the conditions of contest, such as: "...a video showing your mining setup and how it's used."
maybe my english is bad, but I thought it was necessary to show the working (to mining) system, the real indices.

I liked your video.
SysRun (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 01:58:34 PM

I assumed that they just wanted something sticky for user generated advertising. I knew I was being cheesy with my video, "oh hey its lighting up a pumpkin" but I thought it might have some entertainment value that would help it win.

Its too early to tell, but it looks like the twinkler will win. *shakes fist

michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 03:45:07 PM

My vote is for sale.  1BTC

12oosisKqW1CL2CucikfPUufdJQWfgM4pC
SysRun (OP)

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 05:45:27 PM

Impressive yes, but which is more appealing to a wider demographic? Which gives bitcoin greater mindshare?

I would argue that production quality should also be considered.

Who would you rather have shooting a follow-up unboxing video?

Ok, i'm out of arguments. I'm going to go reload.

HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 05:48:41 PM

Noooooo...! Democracy has backfired.  Grin

Here's my stump speech.

"you know, my opponent's video is long and boring... and that's not what we need for america... So get out there and vote for Pumpkin! I'm sysrun and I approve this message."

Excuse me but I think I take the long and boring vote, thank you very much  Grin

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2012, 07:36:13 PM

Thanks legitnick! I'll send a little processing power your way if I win.
Don't worry I voted for you  Cheesy

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
SysRun (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 07:12:50 PM

Wow, is it a great day for astro turfing or what?

For any of you who want to fix this, follow the link and vote for the video you like best!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/showthread.php/298-Video-Contest-Customer-Chosen-Winner-Voting

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: