Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:43:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233180 times)
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:55:09 AM

Why Gambling is addictive?
All fast money making methods are easy and the more easy you make money the more easily you loose them and repeating this cycle make you addictive to gambling and then you are soon tending towards bankruptcy .

Yeah it is some kind of psychology. People think they will win this time, or that time. Before they know the are out of money.

Lost your house, wife and kids, and try to survive on the streets, while winter is coming..

An area of pleasure is active when you win. The same area of sex and alcohol. The problem is not in gambling but in people spending all their money in it. Bankruptcy can also happen with alcohol or any other addiction.

True, but I think it also depends on the type of person you are. Whether you got an addicted personality or not. Anything could have an addictive effect on a person like this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:54:04 AM

All fast money making methods are easy and the more easy you make money the more easily you loose them and repeating this cycle make you addictive to gambling and then you are soon tending towards bankruptcy .

Yeah it is some kind of psychology. People think they will win this time, or that time. Before they know the are out of money.

Lost your house, wife and kids, and try to survive on the streets, while winter is coming..

An area of pleasure is active when you win. The same area of sex and alcohol. The problem is not in gambling but in people spending all their money in it. Bankruptcy can also happen with alcohol or any other addiction.

True, but I think it also depends on the type of person you are. Whether you got an addicted personality or not. Anything could have an addictive effect on a person like this.

Well I am not addicted  to gambling but is just fun when you win.
Even I am not addicted I can't stop playing.
I am saying that I just don't play every day maybe 1 time in a month.
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:02:40 AM

That sound like a addiction but just for one day than, because what you have said is you can stop when you play.

But is good that you don't play everyday. Otherwise you will lose alot of money.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:56:55 PM

Sorry my man, you are addicted.

Imagine a guy that only drinks once a month, but when he starts he doesn't get sober for a couple days. Is he an alcoholic?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 02:08:25 PM

If you win - usually you'll get a thrill (associated with neurotransmitter/neuropeptide release) which across a long term creates a positive feedback loop leading you to enjoy gambling and continue to do so. Furthermore, if you gamble regularly you reinforce the habit - so regardless of how much you enjoy it you'll be more inclined to gamble.
You're correct! However the explainition is quite vague ,to be specific on how exactly addiction takes over the control of human body consider this :
Addiction is a primary, chronic disease of brain reward, motivation, memory and related circuitry. Dysfunction in these circuits leads to characteristic biological, psychological, social and spiritual manifestations. This is reflected in an individual pathologically pursuing reward and/or relief by substance use and other behaviors. Addiction is characterized by inability to consistently abstain, impairment in behavioral control, craving, diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships, and a dysfunctional emotional response.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 03:39:51 PM

Sorry my man, you are addicted.

Imagine a guy that only drinks once a month, but when he starts he doesn't get sober for a couple days. Is he an alcoholic?

Well that depends Tongue well I just play lets say I have 100 dollars to play. I only spend that no more, because I just know that I will lose.

But yeah some times I just do more that a 100 dollars xD
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 03:49:16 PM

everything unpredict is always addicting,maybe except ciggarets.
gambling addict because its always change between win and lose,i think if you lose everytime you will boring,and so if you win everytime,you will boring..that just what on my mind
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 04:05:53 PM

how can you say "I cant stop playing" then saying "i just dont play every day maybe 1 time in a month"
thats just confusing.

anyway if you cant stop playing it then i think youre addicted even if you keep saying youre not.
youre just insisting youreself that youre not addicted but you are addicted

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:10:35 PM

how can you say "I cant stop playing" then saying "i just dont play every day maybe 1 time in a month"
thats just confusing.

anyway if you cant stop playing it then i think youre addicted even if you keep saying youre not.
youre just insisting youreself that youre not addicted but you are addicted

Hahaha that is what it looks like oh well I hope for him that he well stop playing it.
Because when you are addicted you will do some stupid stuff.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:11:29 PM

If you guys want pure scientific explanation why Gambling is so addictive, here it is:

"In the middle of our cranium, a series of circuits known as the reward system links various scattered brain regions involved in memory, movement, pleasure and motivation. When we engage in an activity that keeps us alive or helps us pass on our genes, neurons in the reward system squirt out a chemical messenger called dopamine, giving us a little wave of satisfaction and encouraging us to make a habit of enjoying hearty meals and romps in the sack. When stimulated by amphetamine, cocaine or other addictive drugs, the reward system disperses up to 10 times more dopamine than usual."

And guess what, with gambling it is the same, it works like a drug to our brain. It is that you are using visual and psychological stimulant - instead of a chemical ones.

More scientific explanations:  http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-the-brain-gets-addicted-to-gambling/
nekochan05
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 05:41:56 PM

gambling becomes so addictive when someone who used to gamble for fun find themselves dissolved in the game either with the results they win and then became curious whether he will win again and again, or when they lose and wonder if they will win big later. So human's curiosity and greed that caused the addiction to gambling.

██████████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████▄█████▄
█████████████████▄        ▄███▌ ▐███▄        ▄██
███████████████▐███▄    ▄█████████████▄    ▄███▌
█████████████████████▄ ▀███  █████  ███▀ ▄█████
████████████████▐██████▄ ▀███████████▀ ▄██████▌
█████████████████████████▄ ▀██▌ ▐██▀ ▄████████
█████████████████▐█████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████████▌

█████████████████████████████████████████████
Primedice
▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Home of the High Rollers
▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.Creators.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
Most Popular Bitcoin Gambling Site
.of Dicing.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████▄█████▄
█████████████████▄        ▄███▌ ▐███▄        ▄██
███████████████▐███▄    ▄█████████████▄    ▄███▌
█████████████████████▄ ▀███  █████  ███▀ ▄█████
████████████████▐██████▄ ▀███████████▀ ▄██████▌
█████████████████████████▄ ▀██▌ ▐██▀ ▄████████
█████████████████▐█████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████████▌

█████████████████████████████████████████████
Primedice
xhoneyael

Activity: 462

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 06:37:12 PM

gambling becomes so addictive when someone who used to gamble for fun find themselves dissolved in the game either with the results they win and then became curious whether he will win again and again, or when they lose and wonder if they will win big later. So human's curiosity and greed that caused the addiction to gambling.
agree winning big will make gambler think he can win again
and if they lose they will not stop until they get break even or big win
sometime they are thinking they will win later but in the end they will just keep on losing

Lasergun
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1174

https://t.me/laser9un

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 08:04:05 PM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Actually, many factors can contribute to a gambling addiction, including desperation for money, the desire to experience thrills and highs, the social status associated with being a successful gambler, and of course the entertaining atmosphere of the gambling scene. Cool
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:43:25 PM

In the heart of all this lies the passion and greed of money. The ease of scoring quickly leads to the same ease of loss. The ability to stop in time this is the main key to success. As well as understanding of the permissible limits of the amount of loss.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:12:32 PM

People like the kick (adreline) and people are greedy, offcourse there is a fun element but most addicted gamblers only experience fun with big winning. So yes 1 + 1 = 2..

Gambling provides both elements for those people and thus the play it, then play it often and before they know it they are addicted.

In a way it is not meant for some people.

However for most people with self control, gambling, bets etc. are the perfect leisure. Entertainment, excitement etc.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:49:20 AM

agree winning big will make gambler think he can win again
and if they lose they will not stop until they get break even or big win
sometime they are thinking they will win later but in the end they will just keep on losing

Bingo!! Very true, that is the mentality of each and every person who is new to the gambling world, as gambling is just a matter of luck, if he wins at the initial stage he has an feeling that he can win more, and he gamble in a big amount and ofcourse the greedy nature of person also comes into play and once he starts loosing he wants to recover his loss and at the end turn up loosing everything.
krunox123

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 04:43:06 AM

Because of the urge to win more. Smiley

I placed a bet and won $17(in Bitcoin) not long ago... I was like if I could $17 in one bet, maybe I could win $170 or even more on my next bet.
I risked it all and eventually lose more than $170 in a day.
So the moral of the story is, no matter how much money you won previously, you should never risked it all on your next bet just to win more.

Life sucks.
neochiny

Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 09:01:24 AM

this is spot on. that what i usually feels when im gambling i cant get the feeling on my next roll
ill win big, its just the feeling of anticipation and then you actually won the feeling is good.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
Pollak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Pollak

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:37:12 AM

Why it is addicting? Because people want to win there loss money.

That happend to me I just wanted to get my money back, but that was a bad idea because you will end losing.

dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:44:17 AM

Why it is addicting? Because people want to win there loss money.

That happend to me I just wanted to get my money back, but that was a bad idea because you will end losing.

I am addicted because want to win, but always lose, when I want to recover my lost but got worse, losing more and more.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: