Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:13:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1175

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:18:12 PM

because it's entertaining and makes making profit look easy "it is not actually easy at all, even professional gamblers rarely make big profit"
gambling is entertaining, the fun is only temporary and protracted grief
yes this is just entertainment. I entrust my money just to have fun. if you win I'm happy and if I lose I will repeat again.  Grin

I also think people gambling as a game clear to see. They like to do.
It is also frankly fun to do. But it takes really a lot of money.

It's the feeling of winning that makes gamblers addicted to it. The higher the prize of winning the higher the feeling.

Yeah it one reason that pulls us back to gambling house, another reason that I saw was too much losing..  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kepler510

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Power The world for FREE!

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:22:16 PM

because it's entertaining and makes making profit look easy "it is not actually easy at all, even professional gamblers rarely make big profit"
yes this is just entertainment. I entrust my money just to have fun. if you win I'm happy and if I lose I will repeat again.  Grin

I also think people gambling as a game clear to see. They like to do.
It is also frankly fun to do. But it takes really a lot of money.

It's the feeling of winning that makes gamblers addicted to it. The higher the prize of winning the higher the feeling.

Yeah it one reason that pulls us back to gambling house, another reason that I saw was too much losing..  Smiley

Yes it is indeed a reason for those who are already addicted to gambling. because gambling gives such great promise to gamblers, but if players can't control their thoughts will only get a very big defeat and they will not prevail forever. Primary capital to gamble is to understand how to play and have a good strategy

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:22:32 PM

Gambling is so addicting because its also enjoying to do.
I think many people gamble because its fun but they don't look at the loss they are taking.

I think this is also the reason people start gambling and get addicted.
I think they get blind after they see money they can win.

Indeed, they see the money they can win with gambling.
I think its also that they want to win back their losses.
the normal and reasonable. everyone wants to earn more money, they compete to get the best.
Kepler510

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Power The world for FREE!

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:32:38 PM

Gambling is so addicting because its also enjoying to do.
I think many people gamble because its fun but they don't look at the loss they are taking.

I think this is also the reason people start gambling and get addicted.
I think they get blind after they see money they can win.

Indeed, they see the money they can win with gambling.
I think its also that they want to win back their losses.
the normal and reasonable. everyone wants to earn more money, they compete to get the best.

Yes indeed you are correct, all the people who've been doing gambling and he can't defeat ensured their you make betting more until they get all the money that has been lost and after they get it they will do a bet to find a very big advantage. But it could take a very long in reach for it all in the gambling

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:27:38 PM

Indeed. People see gambling as a kind of game. And they also think that you can earn money.
But that's often not the case, they lose more money than they win.
Yep, the most people lose more than they will ever win in their hole life.
They stay gambling because they think they can win back the money, its a big mistake.

That is not mistake too, because some of them will get their money back after playing couple of time. But most of them sure take some loss too but it still worth to try when you have some spare money. But never gambling what you can't afford to lose and never greedy, this will just make you worst
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:36:38 PM

They stay gambling because they think they can win back the money, its a big mistake.

That is not mistake too, because some of them will get their money back after playing couple of time. But most of them sure take some loss too but it still worth to try when you have some spare money. But never gambling what you can't afford to lose and never greedy, this will just make you worst

that's the main reason why do i get in to gambling, of course to get my money back after loosing some amount, but the thing always happened is being addictiing, i never feel statisfied i just want to more and more, sometimes when I win, I just lose it again.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:43:29 PM

I think gambling is so addictive because people namely quite like to do that.
They actually see it as a kind of game.
But that is not the issue, it's actually more money.
Alaki

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:46:16 PM

that's the main reason why do i get in to gambling, of course to get my money back after loosing some amount, but the thing always happened is being addictiing, i never feel statisfied i just want to more and more, sometimes when I win, I just lose it again.
I'd say leave gambling & go out for a trip(holiday). The more you gamble, the more you get addicted. I'd entreat you to add this board to "ignore list" & you'll be fine.
znickelbackz

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:47:51 PM

Indeed. People see gambling as a kind of game. And they also think that you can earn money.
But that's often not the case, they lose more money than they win.

it's still a mistake. even if the money is back, u still lose your time.
spare money isn't for gamble, it's not worth it, i can't agree with u.
phreaky

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:11:15 PM

Everyone is attached to gambling.
Everyone knows, but the important thing is that you have to control yourself and that you know you do not have to spend anything.
Newcoins2020

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:19:08 PM

Gambling is so addicting because its fun to do so.
Also gambling is very risky that's what you have to say in year head.

I think its best to just gamble sometimes for fun with low numbers.
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 03:54:54 PM

It is addicting cuz there is money involved, who doesn't want easy money? Also there are people who love taking risks and have a compulsive desire for adventure and excitement. That's the reason why gambling is addicting I guess

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:25:00 PM

It is addicting cuz there is money involved, who doesn't want easy money? Also there are people who love taking risks and have a compulsive desire for adventure and excitement. That's the reason why gambling is addicting I guess

Yes, involvement of money with gambling is the prime reason gambling makes people addicted. Most of the gamblers believe that they can make huge profits from gambling and ending up with gambling addictions.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 05:34:18 PM

Gambling is addictive because of the thrill it gives us,some people are not gambling anymore for money,they gamble because of the thrill and the feeling,they want to feel that thrill all over again,so it doesn't matter anymore if they are losing or winning they are called compulsive gambler..

darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:58:54 PM

-snip-

That is a mistake as the person is actually taking revenge for his losses by investing more and more. This is called an addiction which the person then cannot get rid off. If by chance he does win by gambling again, he will never be able to give up then and the losses wuld be a part of his life. I've seen many people doing the same.
shiryu

Activity: 254

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:10:28 PM

Gambling it's so addicted because it seems short and quick way to make easy money. we can see other people win in gambling and they feeling so happy.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 09:33:40 PM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Before you try to play games at gambling make sure that you have full knowledge and skills relating to that game, so you will not lose then. Beore playing a game make yourself expert in it, so you have to play free trials and other free games so that you learn all the tactics about that games which you want to play.
znickelbackz

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 04:16:30 AM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Before you try to play games at gambling make sure that you have full knowledge and skills relating to that game, so you will not lose then. Beore playing a game make yourself expert in it, so you have to play free trials and other free games so that you learn all the tactics about that games which you want to play.

knowledge and skills are indeed needed, but with full of them doesn't bring guarantee for win. even expert can't do much to win big all the time and may suffer continuous lose to death.
play free trials is right but not enough to learn all the tactics.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:22:39 AM

Why is it so addictive?

Knowledge to gambling? Is that needed? For any games I dont think there is knowledge needed, if you say gathering some information may be it is needed for sportbetting and skill for poker games. There is no way you could make yourself expert because all games is based on luck. How can you make yourself expert in dice game or sport betting?
andycarrol

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 05:24:35 AM

because gambling is very easy to make a lot of money instantly, so people addicted to become rich in a short time from gambling, including me Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: