Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:24:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:12:08 PM

Nice question.
My thoughts on " Why gambling so addicting " are
The will to earn money in a short period of time without doing any work in other words greed for fast money Cheesy

This is what I think going to read what others think.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
oktana

Activity: 1582
Merit: 280

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 02:57:11 PM

Nice question.
The will to earn money in a short period of time without doing any work in other words greed for fast money Cheesy

It's hard to deny this reason, since gambling also affects the element of greed within us, addiction is the strongest driving factor that will continue to enter our minds. The power that comes from addiction can only be stopped by family or religious factors, but as long as we are able to manage well, nothing bad will ever happen.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:12:23 PM

Nice question.

It's hard to deny this reason, since gambling also affects the element of greed within us, addiction is the strongest driving factor that will continue to enter our minds. The power that comes from addiction can only be stopped by family or religious factors, but as long as we are able to manage well, nothing bad will ever happen.

Yes. Greed is sadly very involved in gambling and addictions follows it, rarely it is passion or joy playing it.
But factor in gambling and betting in general are that we want to win and we will still keep trying to win no matter what would be outcome at the end.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:31:02 PM

Nice question.

Of course we need to be greedy when we play because we play to get money. If we are not greedy we will stop when we only get few satoshi. To be honest Im not satisfied with just few satoshi that is why I will play until I got a decent amount because that is why Im coming to play in the first place
legend2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:45:09 PM

Nice question.

Of course we need to be greedy when we play because we play to get money. If we are not greedy we will stop when we only get few satoshi. To be honest Im not satisfied with just few satoshi that is why I will play until I got a decent amount because that is why Im coming to play in the first place
It seems to me that this will already be an addiction, when a person plays until they get a good win. So you can lose everything and not get anything as a result. Gambling is a very serious and terrible hobby.

cazkooo
Legendary

Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:01:11 PM

Nice question.

It seems to me that this will already be an addiction, when a person plays until they get a good win. So you can lose everything and not get anything as a result. Gambling is a very serious and terrible hobby.

Of course we can lose everything because that is the risk. Sometimes people dont want to lose because that is not possible and we know that we are most likely going to lose. I wonder why people keep playing and wagering alot of money to hope that they can win alot, in the end when they lose they will think the site scammed them
wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 09:12:06 PM

Nice question.

to me I think in both cases either  we are making money or losing it we are addicted to gambling, because in both cases we want to continue gambling either we making money or losing it. if  we are making money we become more confident and even increase our bet, but if we are losing money still we want to continue so that we can recover our money that  we have lost and in this way we become addicted to gambling.
geniabelty

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:45:25 AM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Given the fact that Gambling brings a lot of fun and excitement towards the people who playing it. Also, we were given this idea that we can double or triple our money in gambling. Gambling is can really make you rich, We are greedy and that's a fact. We don't settle for just an small amount of profit *even though, it already doubles our income*  We wanted more! Our mind is telling us to stop but our emotions are stopping us to do so.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 07:10:47 AM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Given the fact that Gambling brings a lot of fun and excitement towards the people who playing it. Also, we were given this idea that we can double or triple our money in gambling. Gambling is can really make you rich, We are greedy and that's a fact. We don't settle for just an small amount of profit *even though, it already doubles our income*  We wanted more! Our mind is telling us to stop but our emotions are stopping us to do so.

In other words its just one's greed. I would like to point out that some people gamble out of desperation and ego as well. Sometimes they feel jealous of people winning big and they are into the delusion that they will also win it and become rich. The fact is that many people are poor and they fall for gambling easily. They need to control their greed and not get their emotions get the better of them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 12:38:34 PM

Why is it so addictive?

In other words its just one's greed. I would like to point out that some people gamble out of desperation and ego as well. Sometimes they feel jealous of people winning big and they are into the delusion that they will also win it and become rich. The fact is that many people are poor and they fall for gambling easily. They need to control their greed and not get their emotions get the better of them.

Some people simply gets addicted easily as well. When they see fun and excitement in things, they put in a lot of time in it. In gambling addiction's case, it's time and money. What's really dangerous is that compared other addiction, gambling addiction can seriously take away all you've worked hard for. And it can affect more people than just the addicted person.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2017, 12:52:23 PM

Why is it so addictive?

Some people simply gets addicted easily as well. When they see fun and excitement in things, they put in a lot of time in it. In gambling addiction's case, it's time and money. What's really dangerous is that compared other addiction, gambling addiction can seriously take away all you've worked hard for. And it can affect more people than just the addicted person.
I think if that's the case, they would easily get bored especially if it's a fast pace. That's just natural with human beings wanting to own things and just be selfish with what they want and solely on their own. 

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
HardCrack

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2017, 01:00:06 PM

Gambling is one of the most popular recreational activities to be enjoyed. One factor for the gamblers to be addictive is the experience of early big win. Winning a large amount can be sometimes overwhelming and the fact it arrives early means that the player think it is easier to land such thing.
yellow1

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 03:18:52 AM

Gambling is so addicting because gambling is the most popular activities to enjoy of some adults over the world it will become addicted. people gamble for many reasons. There are some factors why it is addicting is they experience in early big win. Early access  to gambling it is everywhere. The another is stress because it helps to escape a problem when we go to gamble. It is addicted because gambling gives fun and excitement whenever we gamble especially if we win the jackpot. If we bet and we experience a winning  the emotions is not control to do it again. Because gambling is for fun and profit.
shulio
Legendary

Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:54:12 AM

Gambling is one of the most popular recreational activities to be enjoyed. One factor for the gamblers to be addictive is the experience of early big win. Winning a large amount can be sometimes overwhelming and the fact it arrives early means that the player think it is easier to land such thing.

One of the best thing to have fun nowadays. I dont need to change my shirt or even get out of my room because I can do it just like that. I can open my computer and access my favourite site without leaving my room. I can also get some money from it that is why gambling is a very addicting and entertaining things for me
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:40:41 AM

One of the best thing to have fun nowadays. I dont need to change my shirt or even get out of my room because I can do it just like that. I can open my computer and access my favourite site without leaving my room. I can also get some money from it that is why gambling is a very addicting and entertaining things for me
Accessibility is also the main thing on which you would easily fall out on gambling addiction because we can easily play gambling without the hassle on going outside.As long we do have bitcoins we can easily play anywhere and anytime we do want. Gambling addiction is really a hard thing to remove on ones self specially when this thing already is on yourself. Thats why we should really be careful on playing to avoid addiction.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 08:31:33 AM

Why is it so addictive?

I think if that's the case, they would easily get bored especially if it's a fast pace. That's just natural with human beings wanting to own things and just be selfish with what they want and solely on their own. 

There are other things that get people addicted to it I agree but greed and selfishness are big factors stimulating the addiction. If you have no other work  and desperately need money then the only way to get money is gamble what you have. This is also a driving factor behind the reason why gambling is popular in some countries as well. If one can control their greed they can control gambling.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
AicecreaME

Activity: 2324
Merit: 454

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:46:54 AM

Nice question.

Yes. Greed is sadly very involved in gambling and addictions follows it, rarely it is passion or joy playing it.
But factor in gambling and betting in general are that we want to win and we will still keep trying to win no matter what would be outcome at the end.

And they are going to complain that they are losing too much in gambling, but they can't even quit gambling for real, so what is the sense of asking stuffs about this gsmbling addiction if we are not going yo apply it in ourseleves if we are one of those addicted gamblers here in the cryptocurrency world.

Money is very addicting, since it is the most used thing here in this world, that is why there are many people who are addicted on gambling hoping that they could win a big amount on it.
legendbtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 502

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:06:25 AM

Because when you continuously win the bet,you play more for more profit.When you lose,you staked more for lose cover.And by this its turn into addiction.  Cry

Addiction is when you are doing it too much. It's fine to gamble continuously but when you are gambling too much that is turning into addiction. And add to it when you keep on chasing for the losses you made.

Yes, you are right when we keep on gambling and some times when we make money with little investments, at last, it will also lead to addiction. Many times I have seen many people who are addicted to gambling and could able to control their feelings towards gambling.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Gastotade

Activity: 545
Merit: 250

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 12:57:13 PM

Because when you continuously win the bet,you play more for more profit.When you lose,you staked more for lose cover.And by this its turn into addiction.  Cry

Addiction is when you are doing it too much. It's fine to gamble continuously but when you are gambling too much that is turning into addiction. And add to it when you keep on chasing for the losses you made.

Yes, you are right when we keep on gambling and some times when we make money with little investments, at last, it will also lead to addiction. Many times I have seen many people who are addicted to gambling and could able to control their feelings towards gambling.
We should not lose our track, let's set our limits and follows it. Getting addicted can lead to bad things , anything that is too much is not fine for the body so better keep ourselves balance ,in gambling keep our playing balance like having limits whenever playing.

SIGMA.
by HYDRA X
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.No commissions.
.or hidden fees.

shulio
Legendary

Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 01:38:30 PM

let's set our limits and follows it. Getting addicted can lead to bad things , anything that is too much is not fine for the body so better keep ourselves balance ,in gambling keep our playing balance like having limits whenever playing.

Lets not do that and only bring small amount like I always do. If you do this then it is much more effective than setting limit. Sometimes when we set limit, we wont obey it so instead of doing that lets just do the other thing and bring small amount. So if we lose thats it, if we win than that is good thing because we can use it to gamble again
Pages: « 1 ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 [335] 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: