Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:27:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233180 times)
xandra

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:38:57 PM

Because people wants to get easy money,when they first attempt to play then they win they think that they will always win in gambling they don't know that in gambling you will always lose in the end.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:22:46 PM

The profits that may result from following this game are what make people become addicted to gambling, although they realize that the risk of this game is very high and they realize that not every time to benefit from following this gambling game. However, as they have become addicted to this game it has become their hobby.
Always think about profits and focus on pursuing profits in gambling, that will make us forget everything around and we will gamble until we reach the goal that we pursue, gradually one day, two days later one month, two months, our goal still can not be completed, what we get is that gambling becomes our daily habit, we can not eliminate it. Everyone knows gambling is risky but everyone has a small thought that we can be lucky, we can become rich from gambling, and that makes us fall into the trap that gambling has set up, greed is always the source of the crime

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:29:22 PM

Because of the urge to win and get big money, it’s the bottom line why gambling is addicting, sometimes its the greediness that drives to addiction, because even in times of losses, you still aim to recover and win at the end, that leads you to addiction

It is not the urge to win and get big money that make a person addicted, it can make him hooked but the one that made a person addicted is the hormones that is secreted in our brain.  Our brain longed for this hormone and make us gamble more.  And as time goes by, the effect of the activity become lesser so we tend to do more in gambling to meet the needed excitement of our brain, without realizing that we are getting addicted to it.
We are not talking here logically that hormones are secreted and these hormones make the person addict. But we are talking about the common factors that are usually seen in gamblers who are addicted to gambling. It’s obvious that the brain is the only thing in our body which is controlling all the functions that the body performs and if one is doing the same activity again and again shows that his brain is repeating this command.
howlong3098

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:06:42 PM

Cube money to make you to the dead spot, that will you want to retrieve the second lost and it around the loop
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:05:37 PM

Because people wants to get easy money,when they first attempt to play then they win they think that they will always win in gambling they don't know that in gambling you will always lose in the end.
Majority of the people in this world wants easy money and we can see it through gambling and that's how everyone is getting addicted in gambling. We all want fast money without too much effort and we can see it through gambling so people never stops of doing what they want through it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:56:04 PM

Well, it is pretty simple. When you think about gambling you think about what you can do after winning, how happy you will be after winning a good amount of money. If you win you get attracted even more towards gambling and you keep on betting. Even if you lose, most of the times you'll think how will you be able to win back all that money and lose even more money. It is pretty normal as it is a normal human mentality. Also you are the only one who can stop yourself, just quit, play safely(by keeping limited amount of money for gambling) or keep on losing money.
sparveenat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:00:07 PM

In my experience due to the hectic work atmosphere  and the work pressure make us stressful and we need some relaxation so we are looking for mood change and start playing gambling. Soon after gambling mingle in our routine life so we are not able to live without gambling so we get addicted to gambling.

poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:15:44 PM

Because of the urge to win and get big money, it’s the bottom line why gambling is addicting, sometimes its the greediness that drives to addiction, because even in times of losses, you still aim to recover and win at the end, that leads you to addiction

It is not the urge to win and get big money that make a person addicted, it can make him hooked but the one that made a person addicted is the hormones that is secreted in our brain.  Our brain longed for this hormone and make us gamble more.  And as time goes by, the effect of the activity become lesser so we tend to do more in gambling to meet the needed excitement of our brain, without realizing that we are getting addicted to it.
I couldn't agree more with you, an addiction usually come without even you realize . You want to leave but can't do that. It's too strong to fight. The money, the prize offered there was too big to deny. People tend to chase it no matter what yeah , unfortunately.
You will only realize that you are addicted in gambling when tou will lose everything you have. And its going to be hard for you to wuit because gambling will be part of your daily routine though there are others managed to get out of gambling but most gamblers will have hard time to quit because of the satisfaction gambling can give them even if it has nevative in some aspects of their lives.
Yeah in the end the indicator whether you have got addicted or not yet are on how you take a look back. Make an observation on what you have done and start thinking about what makes you do that? Mostly people would have a thought that it was because of your greedy wanting some more winning/profit quickly in very simple way.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
anavir

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 08:37:40 PM

because of the thought of earning big amounts...very attractive prizes and having fun especially when you win

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:46:50 PM

because of the thought of earning big amounts...very attractive prizes and having fun especially when you win

That is the point of gambling, it is to have fun and the chance of earning big amounts of money. Problem is there are some people that cannot control their urge to gamble because they are thinking of that big amount of money they can win. In the end they end up addicted and without a single penny in their pockets to ever gamble with anymore. I guess this is the usual ending for an addicted gambling. The best advice is always not to get addicted to gambling, because everybody who has, has likely regretted it.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:12:31 AM

Gambling is addicting in the sense that mostly of the beginners won. That is called the "Beginner's Luck". You will think that gambling is good because you kept on winning but in the end you lose more than what you have won.
Khristian

Activity: 174

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:38:53 AM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?
I think my opinion on what you say is that sometime You control yourself to stop for long periods of gambling You just make a mistake when you see a gambler so you're returning to a bad habit we have the same situation I want to avoid it but i cant do it i cant really stop it.but now i control my self for playing gambling games.
oHnK

Activity: 1414
Merit: 574

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:17:05 AM

I think my opinion on what you say is that sometime You control yourself to stop for long periods of gambling You just make a mistake when you see a gambler so you're returning to a bad habit we have the same situation I want to avoid it but i cant do it i cant really stop it.but now i control my self for playing gambling games.

When someone return to gamble that doesnt mean he return to the old habit. What I called as returning to old habit is the habit when you keep spending money for no reason at all. If you want to gamble and have fun then you can do it with small amount but I dont think that most people will do it as they think it is fun to win alot of money
brascopck

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:37:50 AM

When someone return to gamble that doesnt mean he return to the old habit. What I called as returning to old habit is the habit when you keep spending money for no reason at all. If you want to gamble and have fun then you can do it with small amount but I dont think that most people will do it as they think it is fun to win alot of money

losing money on gambling is not fun and when somebody return to gamble, he will think how many bitcoins that he already lose before and he will become greedy and always bet until he's getting back all his losses back. Return to the old habit is really possible.
oHnK

Activity: 1414
Merit: 574

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:42:45 AM

losing money on gambling is not fun and when somebody return to gamble, he will think how many bitcoins that he already lose before and he will become greedy and always bet until he's getting back all his losses back. Return to the old habit is really possible.

Depending on the person because for me I have decided to lose everything that I lose back then. So everytime I come back to gamble, I wont be chasing what I have lose. People will keep trying to get back what they lose and get back to their old habit unless they decided to quit and call it the day. Come back tomorrow just for having fun
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:36:17 PM

Gambling is very enticing and when you keep on playing it and form a habit by playing it regularly every single day, you will tend to be addicted to it and may lose all of your bankrolls in no time when you are not careful.

Too much habit will result to addiction and by doing that regularly anyone can become an addict in gambling. And if you are betting all of your bankroll there must be something wrong in your attitude, a gambler that's really addicted will do this but for someone that has enough with gambling will notice his addiction.
When you keep on doing the same thing every day, it becomes your habit. Gambling is also the same thing; however one becomes addicted to it more quickly than other activities in normal life because it is exciting as well as profitable also, so it’s a lot of fun for people because they earn money via playing.

It will be a big blunder from a gambler’s side to play with all of his bankroll because if he fails to win the game, then nothing would be left to live.
Valdoora

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:48:48 PM

Because gambling is very fun thing to spend time. Unfortunately, the gamblers have forgotten time and having a dream to earn big money in fast time.
Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:20:32 PM

Because gambling is very fun thing to spend time. Unfortunately, the gamblers have forgotten time and having a dream to earn big money in fast time.
That's both fun and money so the money that you will going to earn makes it more addicting through many people are almost wanting to earn money. You can get out in a gambling game if you know to control your playing and the money you have spend into it.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:18:15 PM

That's both fun and money so the money that you will going to earn makes it more addicting through many people are almost wanting to earn money. You can get out in a gambling game if you know to control your playing and the money you have spend into it.
Agree controlling is the key on winning on a gambling because you can earn fast money but you can also lose money so fast. Playing gambling is so addictive even me has been addicted on gambling before but I can't control myself from playing thats why I stopped playing it for a month and learned my lesson to play on my limits. Thats the time that I can get home with a lot of profits when I controlled myself from playing gambling.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:35:48 PM

Agree controlling is the key on winning on a gambling because you can earn fast money but you can also lose money so fast. Playing gambling is so addictive even me has been addicted on gambling before but I can't control myself from playing thats why I stopped playing it for a month and learned my lesson to play on my limits. Thats the time that I can get home with a lot of profits when I controlled myself from playing gambling.
Playing gambling games is not wrong but crossing your limits is wrong. We will do many things to get fun in that gambling is also one. But here after winning some money, we will not play for fun we start to play for making easy money this is the problem. If you control your emotions and play only for your enteratinment, then you will not addict to this gambling. After addicting quitting is not easy, but you did it it's great.
Pages: « 1 ... 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 [372] 373 374 375 376 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: