Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:42:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is gambling so addicting?  (Read 233177 times)
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:04:41 PM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?
Maybe the reason why your always driven to gamble is your eagerness to winner back your money that loss.
Sometime we dont notice that.
But actually its not the game that we are enjoying but the regrets and the eagerness to comeback.
Or another reason is when you are winning you start to love it because of the easy money that come to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MidnightSun

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:14:50 PM

I don't know why but I always get a feeling to gamble, after then losing my money, I quit for some time and then continue, but I know I will lose my btc Sad

Why is it so addictive?

Gambling addiction is linked to the brain's reward system.  When you win your brain releases endorphins which makes you feel good.  Your chasing this feel good feeling and probably not really thinking about the btc.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:23:14 PM

Gambling is very addictive to those who believe that they have found a very easy way to make some quick money and it doesn't turn out to be very easy at all and to those who try to recoup their losses, they end up losing more and more yet they refuse to give up and continue gambling.
DPrillio

Activity: 693
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:55:05 PM

Gambling is very addictive to those who believe that they have found a very easy way to make some quick money and it doesn't turn out to be very easy at all and to those who try to recoup their losses, they end up losing more and more yet they refuse to give up and continue gambling.
Maybe that is the belief of others but for me there is no easy money in gambling because to think there is more percentage of losing than winning, person mostly get addicted because of the win and lose transation and the terrible feeling of excitement and thrill of every game and much more if they taste the winning moment.

tyronecoinbit

Activity: 359
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:55:28 PM

Because gambling is very fun thing to spend time. Unfortunately, the gamblers have forgotten time and having a dream to earn big money in fast time.
That's both fun and money so the money that you will going to earn makes it more addicting through many people are almost wanting to earn money. You can get out in a gambling game if you know to control your playing and the money you have spend into it.
Agree controlling is the key on winning on a gambling because you can earn fast money but you can also lose money so fast. Playing gambling is so addictive even me has been addicted on gambling before but I can't control myself from playing thats why I stopped playing it for a month and learned my lesson to play on my limits. Thats the time that I can get home with a lot of profits when I controlled myself from playing gambling.
Playing gambling games is not wrong but crossing your limits is wrong. We will do many things to get fun in that gambling is also one. But here after winning some money, we will not play for fun we start to play for making easy money this is the problem. If you control your emotions and play only for your enteratinment, then you will not addict to this gambling. After addicting quitting is not easy, but you did it it's great.
I agree, the main reason of some gambler are their attitude of greedily where they dont satisfied of what they have received winning streak from gambling. That will turn to nothing i mean they will lost everything  after the winning on which they make us regret in the last moment.
letningmequin

Activity: 83

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:09:14 AM

I think because they earn easy money in gambling and it's really excited like the moorphine. Easy money easy life is the sentence gambler always said.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:38:23 AM

I think because they earn easy money in gambling and it's really excited like the moorphine. Easy money easy life is the sentence gambler always said.
The easy money expectation is not real, there is no easy money in gambling and those who think there is easy money
will most likely getting addicted because when they lose they will chase and they cannot control their emotion and without noticing they are already spending more time in gambling which supposed to be played for fun.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:52:24 AM

The easy money expectation is not real, there is no easy money in gambling and those who think there is easy money
will most likely getting addicted because when they lose they will chase and they cannot control their emotion and without noticing they are already spending more time in gambling which supposed to be played for fun.

Indeed, we are only thinking that winning in gambling is so easy but it is not, it is addicting because it is challenging, we are thinking that we could win every bet that we are making but the truth is we just can't, winning against the house as always is too good to be true, mostly you are just going to lose and winning is just when you are going to get lucky.

Lucky you if you could find some bugs on those gambling sites, it could be the key for you to win( but it is too hard to find something like that though), don't get your hopes high up in gambling.
Neddie1908

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:03:11 PM

For me the reason why gambling is addicting is that you get challenged and you try to earn money and once you get the hang of gambling you'll win then when you lose you'll try to win it back then the cycle goes on and you get addicted to it as time passes while gambling

▬ ▬▬▬   The First & Largest Payment Processor of Over 75 Cryptocurrencies   ▬▬▬ ▬
█ █          CoinPayments          █ █
▬ ▬▬▬   Over 375,000 Vendors Accross 217 Different Countries   ▬▬▬ ▬ (https://www.coinpayments.net/)
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 02:32:03 PM

Why is it so addictive?

It is because gambling is fun and also another means to earn money. Aside from this, gambling can also be a way to socialize. You can meet people who has the same interest as you are, you can make new friends through gambling. Even though we are all aware that gambling is not a good habit, it's still a good way to have fun.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:18:48 PM

Well to some people it is a making money quick syndrome spirit that make gambling so addictive to them, and so many people find it difficult to quite gambling not until they loose all their money and maybe start borrowing money to gamble and eventually find them self in debt before they will start looking for way to quite.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:28:00 PM

Gambling addiction begins with the adequacy to meet one's daily needs. Initially, they follow gambling just for fun to play around expecting good luck. But, because they suffered losses and losses so they want to get back the loss so that over time they are also opium against the game
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:41:26 PM

Gambling addiction begins with the adequacy to meet one's daily needs. Initially, they follow gambling just for fun to play around expecting good luck. But, because they suffered losses and losses so they want to get back the loss so that over time they are also opium against the game

That's pretty much chasing losses, which is a mortal sin in gambling. No one should really be chasing their losses when they are gambling as it would end up in much more losses. I've done it in the past and woke up to my delusion after losing twice the amount I initially wanted to get back. That's something that I will never ever do again as I've regretted it a lot. This is something that no gambler should do. Just gamble for fun and gamble with money you can afford to lose.
drake05

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:22:36 AM

I think people get the addicted because of the profit that gambling could bring to us. It's really easy money and fast.
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:11:25 AM

I think people get the addicted because of the profit that gambling could bring to us. It's really easy money and fast.

Agree this is the most reason why people get used to it or get addicted to it because first the people really want an easy earning of money with just a second or just a matter of time without really exerting a lot of effort on doing it. In gambling just play then you can win a lot , but if you are not lucky enough youll end up lossing a lot too but though you could loss a lot still there are playing or doing gambles.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:51:59 PM

As someone who has lost quite considerable amounts of money in gambling, I guess now I have learnt about the factors which makes gambling so addictive. The reason is that gambling makes use of a condition which is embedded in the human nature - greed. It doesn't matter if you wins or not. Once you start, it is quite difficult for you to stop unless you can control your greed.
mariah.sadio

Activity: 573
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:14:31 PM

Gambling is addicting because once you started winning money, there is also going to be a huge chance of you gambling again expecting that you will still win and get lucky. Once you started losing money through gambling, there is also a chance of you trying to get your money back by spending a certain additional amount of money in gambling it again. In my point of view, in gambling, you have to think that you are already risking enough your money to have fun. Risking is also almost equal in losing it and spending it to nonsense things. When you play, expect that there will be a big chance for you to lose it instead of winning from it. Gambling offers us an instant big amount of money but it just lures us to spend our money. We should think wisely before we start making decisions. Yes, we are allowed to gamble but we have to control it. Do not spend all of your money through gambling, just separate a small amount for gambling, others for savings and others are for you to make it bigger.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE 
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:56:32 PM

Gambling is addicting normally even the main reason is profit or entertain we do have our own taste of satisfaction.

Most of us are satisfied with earning that much and others are liking the way their lives are depending to gambling and others are making it as their business.

8Habits

Merit: 294

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:38:11 PM

Gambling is addicting normally even the main reason is profit or entertain we do have our own taste of satisfaction.

Most of us are satisfied with earning that much and others are liking the way their lives are depending to gambling and others are making it as their business.

It differs from person to another - even twins are not the same in terms of emotions and intellect.  After all, as long as the person is not harming us, let that person do whatever he/she wants and we shall not critize.
megynacuna

Merit: 253

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:20:33 PM

It differs from person to another - even twins are not the same in terms of emotions and intellect.  After all, as long as the person is not harming us, let that person do whatever he/she wants and we shall not critize.

Well if you don't criticize he will be a social deviant and will be a problem for the whole family, or community if we all acre less. Fine they might be harmless but it's your social responsibility to criticize if they need correction.
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 »
  Print  

Jump to: