Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:38:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Paris Attacks will Affect Digital currencies in Europe  (Read 1418 times)
Blawpaw (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 02:49:15 PM

A while back ago the European court ruled that bitcoin and digital currencies were not subjected to VAT. Now after the terrorist attacks in Paris they will now discuss this again.
We will probably be affected by this. I just hope they don't stifle the industry with the new rullings!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 02:53:41 PM

http://www.bitcoinfuturesguide.com/bitcoin-blog/us-fincen-director-bitcoin-does-not-pose-higher-risk-of-terror-financing

Well I just saw this.

I don't think they will do anything about it, at least for now... Also before they get worried with Bitcoin they should ban cash. There were billions of dollars stolen for terrorism found in some bunker in

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/world/investigation-into-missing-iraqi-cash-ended-in-lebanon-bunker.html?_r=0

Bitcoin is not even 5 billion at current price.
Blawpaw (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 02:59:29 PM

http://www.bitcoinfuturesguide.com/bitcoin-blog/us-fincen-director-bitcoin-does-not-pose-higher-risk-of-terror-financing

Well I just saw this.

I don't think they will do anything about it, at least for now... Also before they get worried with Bitcoin they should ban cash. There were billions of dollars stolen for terrorism found in some bunker in

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/world/investigation-into-missing-iraqi-cash-ended-in-lebanon-bunker.html?_r=0

Yes. But it can turn out to be an event that they can use to say that bitcoin is a potential method of anonymous terrorism financing... I guess the problem will be this.
RawDog
Legendary

Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 03:05:05 PM

A while back ago the European court ruled that bitcoin and digital currencies were not subjected to VAT. Now after the terrorist attacks in Paris they will now discuss this again.

If they discuss it they are wasting their time.  Terrorists don't have time for silly things like bitcoin wallets.  Besides, bitcoin is traceable and fiat is not.  Why would they disclose their paper trail.  Fiat is far easier and safer for them to use.  There is no need to use bitcoin.  So they don't.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:13:37 PM

they could stop printing fiat, oh wait thats the only income stream for 90% of the worlds population

without it they would have start working for a living

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
anthonycamp

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:15:43 PM

if i have to lose a few btcs in order for terror never happen i might go there but btc its not ont the rise after this will drop as terror curruncy in europe
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:03:09 PM

Well I just saw this.

Yes. But it can turn out to be an event that they can use to say that bitcoin is a potential method of anonymous terrorism financing... I guess the problem will be this.

They just use whatever they can to drop negative press on Bitcoin and make it look shady. I really doubt the terrorists are computer knowledgeable enough to correctly operate with Bitcoin, with fiat is way easier so they will keep dealing with it as long as they can. Of course its easier to transport value with Bitcoin but I dont think they know how to. Sadly I think this will eventually change and BTC will be used for that because BTC is not going anywhere, it will just keep getting more robust and more anonymity workarounds will arise, but with great technological innovations you always have to deal with this tradeoff.
mirana12345

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:15:15 PM

Doesn't have to mean if will affect crypto currencies, but it doesn't have to mean that it will be in a bad way.
I am all for tougher regulations and ID verifications on exchanges and services, especially on higher amounts. You don't need to fear this, as it is better
for bitcoin to get out of sort of "underground" position to a more legitimate one.
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:16:18 PM

I just hope govs will not use this hype for ban or too harsh regulation. There is lot of shit in media past days about ransoms paid in Bitcoin and Terrorists using it.
PAKYU

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:22:50 PM

I just hope govs will not use this hype for ban or too harsh regulation. There is lot of shit in media past days about ransoms paid in Bitcoin and Terrorists using it.

Too many suspecious attemp without strong proof against bitcoin lately did by stupid media. They did not even know what it is bitcoin.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:28:54 PM

Too many suspecious attemp without strong proof against bitcoin lately did by stupid media. They did not even know what it is bitcoin.

It does not matter if bitcoin was used or not, what's important for them is that they sell news, and whats better than an attack on an unregulated cryptocurrencies
that threat their media owners. People that own fiat, that privileged 1%, are the owners of media corporations and they can and will control masses like they always did, nothing new there.
Blawpaw (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:33:56 PM

Doesn't have to mean if will affect crypto currencies, but it doesn't have to mean that it will be in a bad way.
I am all for tougher regulations and ID verifications on exchanges and services, especially on higher amounts. You don't need to fear this, as it is better
for bitcoin to get out of sort of "underground" position to a more legitimate one.

I guess you are right and I do not fear this. However, the European committee already told they were having a revision on digital currencies because of suspicions of being used to finance terrorism. Let's see what they will come up with...
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:38:39 PM

I guess you are right and I do not fear this. However, the European committee already told they were having a revision on digital currencies because of suspicions of being used to finance terrorism. Let's see what they will come up with...

The thing is; they can't ban it because noone would care (even tho the price would drop) so there's that.
They can't delete it, affect it in any way to remove it from being used.

The only thing they can do is to regulate it - and there's a good chance that's exactly the thing we need right now. I'm sick and tired of us being associated with illicit things - let fiat do that, like it always did.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:42:43 PM

I think there isn't need for terrorists to use Bitcoin especially for their attacks, as they can as well using fiat simply and anonymously, and it's already used bu terrorist groups even before the creation of Bitcoin , so i don't think the last attacks will affect Bitcoin worldwide
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:48:26 PM

We will probably be affected by this. I just hope they don't stifle the industry with the new rullings!

Any sources for your claim?
Have you read what FinCen's Jennifer Shasky Calvery said lately?
If not I recommend the following article.

http://www.coinspeaker.com/2015/11/17/isil-may-be-using-bitcoin-says-fincen-director-jennifer-calvery/

...Jennifer Shasky Calvery, said that bitcoin does not pose higher risks of terrorism financing than other payment methods.

If they should try anything to Bitcoin,guess it will fail, I hope they do same with fiat money, mostly USD and Oil.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 04:49:28 PM

I do not really see any reason to change the point of view in Europe. Bitcoin is just money, as it is fiat or transfers. Perhaps it gives some plus or anonimity, but it does not greatly impact the difficulty to make terrorist attacks.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:16:45 PM

Why would they change their stance on Bitcoin after what happened? I see no correlation, even if Bitcoin is indeed used to fund terrorists... Adding VAT won't make a difference in their funding.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:20:56 PM

Want to hurt DAESH's financing? How bout we ban oil.  Wink

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:21:17 PM

i dont see any connection,paris attack will not affect to bitcoin,i just see this :
if anything, any initial damage to economic confidence, tourism and trade within Europe will likely reinforce the European Central Bank’s resolve to ease monetary policy further next month, they reckon. That will keep pressure on the euro exchange rate and support other European asset markets.
French financial markets will be open as usual on Monday, stock and derivatives exchange Euronext said on Saturday. U.S. stock index futures opened lower Sunday night, with S&P 500 minis down 0.77 per cent.

see more here : http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/global-markets-brace-for-short-term-hit-after-paris-attacks/article27264969/
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 05:25:30 PM

I agree, once they are done pointing the blame on secure communication technology, next the investigators will have to tackle the problem of "funding source".  They have serious equipment and it don't come from thin air.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: