Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:58:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CURRENTLY, what is the cheapest way to get BTC? - copy  (Read 865 times)
elephant (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 01:50:15 PM

I'm responding to a thread in another section to which I can't get post.

Quote from: Stephen Gornick
A bank transfer is going to be the cheapest method.

In the U.S. you can buy bitcoins at a 1% fee through Coinbase using a bank transfer.  The problem there is that they are limiting that to $100 maximum (for now, while they test their algorithms) and that you don't get the coins until the funds transfer is complete (at least two business days).  But you do get to lock in the price immediately.

Dwolla is another inexpensive method to move cash from your bank account to a Bitcoin exchange.   The problem with that again is the amount of time involved.  But the price is right ... $0.25 per transaction.
Is this the "P2P Direct Deposit" option they have?  I'm working on getting verified so that I can use that option.  Verification is taking a while and in retrospect I would not have bitcoin if I had just sent in a personal check but at this point I don't want to deposit any money until the account verification is complete because I don't want any problems.

I suppose sending a check through a bank's online billpay might be free.  Or you can mail it yourself for the cost of a stamp.

I can't see how many trades are occurring at coinbase and it is hard to gauge how much coin can be bought/sold at what prices.

I was trading on btc-e a few weeks back and enjoyed purchasing bitcoins for cheaper than they cost on mt gox at the time.  I haven't found a decent way to get USD in/out of btc-e though which is maybe why their coin is cheaper.

not sure. I'm learning.  Wish I'd been able to get coin last week looks like it has increased in value a bit.
Eskimo

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 07:05:32 PM

I'm assuming from your post that you're in the U.S. From a U.K I've used btc local quite a bit and found some good sellers, paying 4-5% over MTGOX price especially as I've been quoted up to 30% over the mtgox price.
zxyzxy

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 08:22:49 PM

bitcoin-otc.com is a p2p bitcoin exchange building a reputation system, web of trusted members http://wiki.bitcoin-otc.com/wiki/OTC_Rating_System
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 08:24:49 PM

Ask "pirateat40" the cheapest way to obtain coins. He'll show you.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2012, 09:11:09 PM

Your checking account -> Dwolla -> Mtgox costs $0.25 + 0.6% total, but working with them both is a hassle:

MtGox:
You will need a Dwolla.com account and a verified account with Mt.Gox to be able to make Dwolla deposits.

Dwolla:

A small minority of our merchants, along with Dwolla, require you to meet and maintain certain criteria in order to send funds to their account. This includes:

1. Establishing a 30 day transaction history. This means that you have to have at least one successful bank-funded deposit into your Dwolla account that is older than 30 days before sending funds to this merchant. This deposit does not need to stay in your Dwolla account for the entire 30 days, you can withdraw it back to a bank account or transfer it to another user within that time period.

2. Get verified by providing and verifying your social security number.

3. Turn on the Hub Page on your Dwolla account. You can do this under ‘Enable/Disable Features’ and clicking enable next to the Hub Page option.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 10:14:15 PM

I've set up a website where you can *quickly* buy and sell bitcoins with minimal risk.  Check it out if you are interested.  Feedback is always welcome:

http://www.usd2btc.com

Minimal risk? Looks highly risky to me.

notthepuma

Activity: 168

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 10:17:36 PM

The risk is minimal because we both profit from being honest.  If we are both honest to each other then you will come back and use our service more often which means and easy way for you to cash out or buy bitcoins and a way for us to make some cash and stay in business for the long haul.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 10:24:29 PM

Forum trust is at an all time low at the moment.

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2012, 10:43:04 PM

I've set up a website where you can *quickly* buy and sell bitcoins with minimal risk.  Check it out if you are interested.  Feedback is always welcome:

http://www.usd2btc.com

These types of thing have been poping up all over the forum.

notthepuma

Activity: 168

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 03:42:47 PM

I understand your hesitation and lack of trust.  I have done several successful transactions so far.  Hopefully we can do business together in the future when I have been around for a longer time and many people can vouch for me.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: