Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:22:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The deal about Trust on the internet.  (Read 700 times)
x_Molotov (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:39:39 AM

Alright guys,
I have been trading BTC/USD, market exchanges, lending to people, lending to friends, and I even run my own investment portfolio, where I have collected over .17 in capital money.
I am a very trust-worthy person, and do not believe in scamming, one mbit.

So today, I was scrolling through Poloniex, where I do trading, HashClub, another forum, and here, I was shorting some ETH, making profits, chatting with friends on skype, usual stuff ayy?

I come across, in the Unread Posts Since Last Visit link at the top of the screen, a reputation loan post.

Now I realize, yes, bad things have happened around rep. loans, as people continually ask for bigger and bigger amounts, and eventually shit on the people, scamming once the amount becomes high enough,
however, it's a newbie guy, Spartacus17, who wants to start making trust and doing escrow as a service to others on the forum Smiley
I read through some of the replies, and see some nasty remarks about scamming and how he has to buy trust, etc.

I, then looked through his trust page.

Two negatives, solely from posting that thread.
Not from scamming, he didn't take anyone's money and run, but from making a loan thread.

I thought that was really fvcked up, as everyone was beating on him, and his trust, the very thing he was doing this for, was completely trashed by trolls who think anyone who makes a rep loan deserves hell for eternity.
He asked for .001, in return upon confirmation.

I decided to say fuck it, and lend him the .001. That is a very small amount, and small still was the amount he returned.

I thought it was a win-win situat. b/c either he is a scammer, and he gets blasted once he locks posts and runs tail between legs off the forum with his quickly made goodies, or he is legitimate, and he proves he is above it.

Upon confirmation, he sends me back with interest.
Suddenly, I go to post that he returned, and posted a positive feedback to his page, when I get hit by two trust feedbacks, both negative.

I have been a relatively new member of the forum, but I have always went out of my way to help people, and allow people to put their trust in me, whether I am doing services for them, trading BTC for cash, or overall paying for commodities.
I have three untrusted(don't understand why that doesn't go towards score) positive feedbacks, talking about good trades, and being honest and sending my cash whenever I did giveaways, why those don't go to show on my trust score, who knows.

I, as of typing, have two negative, and very nasty feedbacks, solely for the act of seeing if a guy who wants to get into escrow biz, is trustworthy.

This is one of them.

KWH. Risked : 00000. Knowingly giving a Rep. Loan. You basically sold your feedback for dust. Congratulations.

I think the ability to post baseless negative trust scores, which are basically accusations, is very wrong, as I am completely against scamming, and dislike when people point fingers and accusate.
If I scammed someone? Hell Yes I Should be labeled.
If I was holding escrow, and ran? Hell yeah I should get shit on for that.
But testing out a reputation loan? No, I shouldn't.

I agree, reputation loans sometimes are complete scams.
However, this guy is an honest guy, who wants to go into the biz with some green on his side, so he can make some biz Smiley

After he saw my negative feedback(s), he sent me a pm, saying,
"Thanks for trusting me. I see you got hit with negative trust, I won't mind if you remove the positive trust you gave me to hopefully get rid of the negative trust people gave you."(spartacus17, pm)

I basically replied, saying you should not do rep. loans from now on, as it is associated with scamming, and also will get you BASELESS NEGATIVES REVIEWS from people, who don't even know you. However, I did say I will not remove my positive review of him, and will fight to make this BS w/ the negative trusts stop.

It should be not allowed, that you can place negative reviews on who-ever the fvck you want to, just b/c they were trying to help a guy.

Please fix/look at..

Feeling disgusted.. Angry

x_Molotov

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 12:55:10 PM

You don't do rep loans, that's it. If anyone tries to buy reputation, through a loan or a product, they will be negged. Trust should be given naturally after successful transactions, there is no way to get around this.

Plus, as you said, 0.001 is dust. Let's say that he returns the money properly and gets positive reputation from it, he could then always just go and scam larger amounts with that positive reputation and make his money back and more. That is why rep transactions don't work.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:55:43 PM

Alright guys,
I have been trading BTC/USD, market exchanges, lending to people, lending to friends, and I even run my own investment portfolio, where I have collected over .17 in capital money.
I am a very trust-worthy person, and do not believe in scamming, one mbit.
and im obama.

Now I realize, yes, bad things have happened around rep. loans, as people continually ask for bigger and bigger amounts, and eventually shit on the people, scamming once the amount becomes high enough,
however, it's a newbie guy, Spartacus17, who wants to start making trust and doing escrow as a service to others on the forum Smiley
I read through some of the replies, and see some nasty remarks about scamming and how he has to buy trust, etc.
its not 'sometimes,' its most of the time. reputation is worth a lot more than you think or are making it out to. secondly, you do not 'make trust,' you earn it over a long period of time. i would bet a testicle that all of the users on this forum that are or were once considered 'trusted' by the community got to that point over a long periiod of time where they consistently displayed honesty in their actions, not some pathetic 30 cent 'reputation' loan.

I thought that was really fvcked up, as everyone was beating on him, and his trust, the very thing he was doing this for, was completely trashed by trolls who think anyone who makes a rep loan deserves hell for eternity.
He asked for .001, in return upon confirmation.
whats fucked up is that you do not understand this simple concept of a person that might, you know, be lying on the internet to scam a few pennies, or a user buying trust so that they can appear trusted to have a greater chance of succeeding in their future scams. now who would do that? just go on the internet and take a whole 3 seconds to create an account and spread lies? who? /s

I thought it was a win-win situat. b/c either he is a scammer, and he gets blasted once he locks posts and runs tail between legs off the forum with his quickly made goodies, or he is legitimate, and he proves he is above it.
'im going to knowingly help this random ass guy gain rep so he can pull off a scam in the future. that is a win / win situation since i get money.'
are you 10?

I have been a relatively new member of the forum, but I have always went out of my way to help people, and allow people to put their trust in me, whether I am doing services for them, trading BTC for cash, or overall paying for commodities.
I have three untrusted(don't understand why that doesn't go towards score) positive feedbacks, talking about good trades, and being honest and sending my cash whenever I did giveaways, why those don't go to show on my trust score, who knows.
seems youre relatively new to the world too, that or just extremely sheltered or something. maybe both.

I, as of typing, have two negative, and very nasty feedbacks, solely for the act of seeing if a guy who wants to get into escrow biz, is trustworthy.
escrowing deals isnt a business. it takes time and is a service, sometimes a voluntary one, to help the members of the forum get their deals done while ensuring safety on both sides. what kind of trust would there be in an escrower that bought all their reputation? none. i answered the rhetorical question for you because i thought you might not get the obvious answer.

I think the ability to post baseless negative trust scores, which are basically accusations, is very wrong, as I am completely against scamming, and dislike when people point fingers and accusate.
If I scammed someone? Hell Yes I Should be labeled.
If I was holding escrow, and ran? Hell yeah I should get shit on for that.
But testing out a reputation loan? No, I shouldn't.
its not baseless. you knowingly abetted someone in possibly attempting a future scam. exactly how is that right again?

I agree, reputation loans sometimes are complete scams.
However, this guy is an honest guy, who wants to go into the biz with some green on his side, so he can make some biz Smiley

After he saw my negative feedback(s), he sent me a pm, saying,
"Thanks for trusting me. I see you got hit with negative trust, I won't mind if you remove the positive trust you gave me to hopefully get rid of the negative trust people gave you."(spartacus17, pm)

I basically replied, saying you should not do rep. loans from now on, as it is associated with scamming, and also will get you BASELESS NEGATIVES REVIEWS from people, who don't even know you. However, I did say I will not remove my positive review of him, and will fight to make this BS w/ the negative trusts stop.

It should be not allowed, that you can place negative reviews on who-ever the fvck you want to, just b/c they were trying to help a guy.

Please fix/look at..

x_Molotov
see above statements to see why this section of your post is exceptionally stupid.

so, this entire time, you knew the implications of a reputation loan, and you still went with it. are the metaphorical cogs in your brain turning at all yet? you dont seem to have used it for quite some time considering you made this contradictory statement.

yeah help a guy scam.

me too, i think i ate something bad. maybe it was that week-old banana i had last night. maybe it was the doughnut. who knows.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:40:20 PM

learn what context is..
look around and see where you are.

i see this a lot..

you all fail to see the dirty nasty side of all this.
you then want to stand there and proclaim XYZ coin or service or person is legit
and we should all automatically by default give everyone the benefit of the doubt
wrong.

FUD first and ask questions later !
(aka: scientific evaluation procedures)

I'm sorry but just because some 19 year child (who wasn't born yet when i was using the web)
wants to come here and spit shine polish this scammy turd we call crypto so he can make money off of it
doesn't make it real.

you guys here for the most part play dumb.
you stand in the fire then whine when people assume your hot.
context.

don't EXPECT to be given the benefit of the doubt on a site that has no rules against scamming or other misc potential crimes.

Teens should be quiet.. seen and not heard.
I am way older and way smarter and have a life time of experience
I don't need lectures from kids telling me "the thing about the internet trust"
I had the first computer and played PC games loaded from cassette tapes
then years later giant floppy discs came out..
Late i was rocking my P1, P2 and Pentium 3's and then the Athlon's and Duron's
So spare me the lectures kids.. you know squat.

AND you showed up to Crypto a day late and a dollar short LOL

NOTE:
The OP here x_Molotov Registered: September 17, 2015, 12:58:51 PM
Yeah he has been here 2 months and is lecturing us LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
pokerowned
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1051

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 01:54:30 AM

No matter what you shouldnt be leaving feedback for a newbie acct on a .001 loan. Thats just absurd. Learn the rules of the forum before doing little things like this and screwing yourself
Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:20:24 AM

x_Molotov if you take a look at who is so vigorous in posting and giving needless negs, 99% of the time you will see they are whoring out their sigs. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: