Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:02:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Multicurrencies | Test Net Live | Unmoderated  (Read 19005 times)
multicurrency (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:54:48 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 05:13:55 AM by multicurrency

Multicurrencies

Background

Multicurrencies are multiple first-class currencies carried on a single block chain. The multicurrency platform is not a single "coin", but an evolving technology that will have major revisions. A rough, incomplete, summary of mulitcurrencies can be found in the locked thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1170055

The first version is presently running in testnet for BreakoutCoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=808648), which was chosen to be the initial application for the multicurrency platform. It is acknowledged that BreakoutCoin has had some delays, but these issues are completely independent of multicurrencies, which engaged with BreakoutCoin long after its inception and coin sale.

BreakoutCoin is technically a proof of stake coin. However, the multicurrency platform allows for any combination of PoS and PoW, including pure variants of either.

Multicurrencies open dozens of use cases that may not be obvious at first consideration, especially when coupled with smart contracts, staking, and other technologies.

For example, BreakoutCoin represents the first decentralized asset where the principal, Brocoin, is separated from its interest earning potential, Brostake, which stakes Brocoin. Both Brostake and Brocoin have all the properties of any true first-class currency, including native support by the Bitcoin input-output transaction mechanism. This means, that for the first time in the history of decentralized assets (and perhaps in the history of finance in general), separate markets can exist for principal and its interest earning potential.

With the first version of the multicurrency platform complete, I have decided to make an unmoderated thread for community discussion and feedback.

The testnet code is closed source at the moment, but will be opened soon after release of BreakoutCoin.

All testers are welcome. I will send free testnet coins to any testers who make a request through PM. Stakers are especially encouraged and will need to supply a Brostake [BRX] address.

The BreakoutCoin community has become sizable, with much interaction at brocoin.slack.com. Please PM user BreakoutCoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=375738) to request an invitation to the slack channel if you are interested in more direct contact with either me or the BreakoutCoin team.

Downloads

https://github.com/multicurrency/Breakout-Releases/blob/master/README.md

Testnet Block Crawler

http://bro.cryptocertify.com/BlockCrawler/block_crawler.php

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████ ★ BREAKOUT COINWEBSITE  ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦  MULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS   ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦   BITCOINTALK THREAD   ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
WePromoteCrypto

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:55:17 AM

Reading

So it's still testnet?
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:58:15 AM

Congratulations.  I hope people understand the implications of the tech here.

Don't trust any exchange!
multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:07:19 AM

Reading

So it's still testnet?

Yes. However, it has been heavily tested already and functions nearly perfectly. After a day of testing by about 25 people, we have managed to find only a few cosmetic bugs in the GUI.

████ ★ BREAKOUT COINWEBSITE  ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦  MULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS   ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦   BITCOINTALK THREAD   ████
powerfull

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 05:10:14 AM

great ,i will join in test group.
powerfull

Activity: 249

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:13:01 AM

its just a old coin?
oh  ~~~
multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 06:18:10 AM

its just a old coin?
oh  ~~~

No it is a testnet for a coin that hasn't been released yet. Please read the OP.

MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 07:59:15 AM

Quite impressive. Will watch closer.
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:14:13 AM

what are the plans to mainnet launch ?
funnycoin

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:35:52 AM

Where can I find the source code to review?
sulfurtank

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:44:34 AM

Hm. Won't this then open up another another large privacy-leaking surface on the blockchain? In which case, I wonder if it might have just abstracted the privacy problem to another level instead of fixing it. Whitepaper for this?
zodiac3011

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:19:39 PM

Before testing anything I would like to see a whitepaper although this looks nice to try
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:18:40 PM

With no white paper or source code - I would be very wary of downloading this software, let alone using it.
Gillette

Activity: 744

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:22:45 PM

What are the implications of this tech?
SecretsCoin

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 02:22:51 PM

idea s great,and what s devs plan of this.?
multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:01:06 PM

Congratulations.  I hope people understand the implications of the tech here.

First, this is the first decentralized asset where the principal is separable from it's interest earning potential. Moreover, the interest earning potential is transferable, allowing markets to exist for both.

This separability enables several use cases as follows (taken from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1170055):

Use Cases

Arbitrary many-to-one staking relationships give multicurrencies several use cases that will be detailed here in the coming weeks. One of these use cases serves as the impetus for creating multicurrencies. These use cases vary slightly from those of colored coins or NXT/Counterparty type assets. Briefly, these multicurrency use cases include but are not limited to:

• ICOs that can offer a staking currency for sale while reserving the full initial amount of the working currency for business purposes.
  • Coins that have a non-anonymous currency that mints a currency that can only be spent with anonymous transactions.
  • Incentive/collectible coins that can stake at very high rates. These coins can be limited in number, atomic (as described below), and only activate after a given time.
  • Coins that can be offered by ICO with zero inflation and therefore do not need to be staked to keep up with the money supply.

multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:26:18 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 12:43:19 AM by multicurrency

Before testing anything I would like to see a whitepaper although this looks nice to try

The whitepaper is public: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1170055

I'm happy to answer any questions about the implementation.

I would release the source but it was written under contract with BreakoutCoin. It will be open source when BreakoutCoin is released.

Sandbox environments are available, like Sandboxie.

what are the plans to mainnet launch ?

Main net will launch with BreakoutCoin. Unfortunately it is not up to me to say when.

Hm. Won't this then open up another another large privacy-leaking surface on the blockchain? In which case, I wonder if it might have just abstracted the privacy problem to another level instead of fixing it. Whitepaper for this?

No privacy layer is in the current protocol. The current version has the same privacy characteristics as bitcoin itself.

I have mostly released these executables to demonstrate that the first version of the multicurrency platform (MC 1.0) is complete and working and also to solicit testers.

As has been observed, downloading executables and running them on a vulnerable machine is not recommended. Please use a sandbox environment. Testing is appreciated.

multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:41:11 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 01:09:56 AM by multicurrency

idea s great,and what s devs plan of this.?

Multicurrencies will be developed as a platform, not as any one specific coin. The intent is that it can be forked at any stage of development to serve as a tool for asset tracking and to use currency interrelationships to serve as metaphors for relationships between real-world assets.

multicurrency (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:58:44 AM

New Test Net Release with Several UI Bugs Fixed

Hosting has been changed to github because some users reported complaints by chrome and chromium when hosting at mediafire.

Downloads

Mac
https://github.com/multicurrency/Breakout-Releases/blob/master/Release-1.0.1.0/BreakoutCoin-OSX.zip

Windows
https://github.com/multicurrency/Breakout-Releases/blob/master/Release-1.0.1.0/BreakoutCoin-Win32.zip

Linux
https://github.com/multicurrency/Breakout-Releases/blob/master/Release-1.0.1.0/BreakoutCoin-Linux.zip

SecretsCoin

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:26:06 AM

please check the node ,maybe tor 's issue ,it can not be connect .
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: