Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2017, 01:12:44 PM *
News: If the forum does not load normally for you, please send me a traceroute.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: just started, mining pool question  (Read 931 times)
Jane

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 08:19:42 AM

Hello bitcoins Cheesy
was tinkering yesterday and now bitcoin is running.
I get ~5800 khash/s (7 CPUs used) in bitcoin software and ~117000 khash/s from my gtx480(777Mhz) with poclbm -v -w 256
So i let it run over night and nothing happened yet  Embarrassed
So when i join a pool will the time be lost or how does this work?

Waiting for my first bitcoin  Smiley

1QHbuKLYZtEo2y2GDPYZN8mHfhVNs8ZQnd

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
KJaneway

Activity: 158

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 08:29:44 AM

With this MHash/ sec Power you will wait months (in average nearly 200 days) for your first solved Block (which means 50 coins).

I would join a pool like BTC-Guild. There you get every day small amounts of Bitcoins (with your current Setup arpount 0.25Coins per Day)
Here is a nice Calculator: http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator.php

Beside that: Stop mining with that sort of hardware. The energy costs are currently higher than the amount of created bitcoin value. Bettter start with a Graphiccard from the AMD Radeon HD58XX Series.

If you like my advise, i would be thankful getting a small donation at:
1Hvpgt5U6EgrWX1WpA25W6mRoH1Ltr8ydm
Jane

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 09:11:50 AM

With this MHash/ sec Power you will wait months (in Averace nearly 200 days) for your first solved Block (which means 50 coins).

I would join a pool like BTC-Guild. There you get every day small amounts of Bitcoins (with your current Setup arpount 0.25Coins per Day)
Here is a nice Calculator: http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator.php

Beside that: Stop mining with that sort of hardware. The energy costs are currently higher than the amount of created bitcoin value. Bettter start with a Graphiccard from the AMD Radeon HD58XX Series.

Thank you for your response , i joined a pool now.
deti

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2011, 10:18:35 AM

Does someone know a mining pool that shares also the fees from a new block? All pools I found take 0-X% fee plus the fees of the newly generated bock. For me it feels more fair to divide all the 50 BTC + the fees by the shares and take a fix percentage from that. I know fees aren't much at this time, but anyway. Does someone know a pool like this? Link please! Smiley

Thanks!

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 1988

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 10:22:28 AM

Currently _all_ pools I know of take the transaction fees for themselves.

https://bitfinex.com <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with this refcode: x5K9YtL3Zb
Mail me at Bitmessage: BM-BbiHiVv5qh858ULsyRDtpRrG9WjXN3xf
KJaneway

Activity: 158

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 10:27:38 AM

Choose a Pool with no Fees. Taking in mind, that Servers cost also money, i think that the transaction fees are a very small compensation for these costs.

If you like my advise, i would be thankful getting a small donation at:
1Hvpgt5U6EgrWX1WpA25W6mRoH1Ltr8ydm
BookLover

Activity: 535

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 11:03:29 PM

I would to start mining in a pool but I only want to do it if it is anonymous.  How do I set up guiminer to run through tor?  I heard that it requires a second program but I don't know what it is, where to get it or how to configure it.   Huh

Thanks for any information you could give me! Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.