Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:59:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reuters: EU clamps down on bitcoin ...  (Read 619 times)
Mickeyb (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:05:18 PM

Well guys, I have just found this by reading the press section! What are your opinions? What will consequences be? What will they exactly do?

Also will we fall down in price as a reaction to these measures?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0T81BW20151119#AVHkC6RWSqs4o0Pq.97

Original thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1255043.0
MaxTax

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:07:39 PM

It's possible the price will fall down because of this

But I like to keep thinking positive and hope that it will not but continue to grow

Think i'll wait it out and see what will happen
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:11:55 PM

I would very much like to see where this is heading. My guess is that they are talking about regulating bitcoins, but didn't they just classify bitcoin as a currency? What are the odds of EU banning bitcoin completely and how would they enforce this ban?

If they chose to ban bitcoin completely, that would create a huge black market for bitcoins. Will there be fight against bitcoins like we have a fight against drugs?

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 03:14:49 PM

They're just manipulating the average population. The amount of money transmitted in Bitcoin for illegal purposes is very tiny. UK Treasury: Digital Currencies Pose Lowest Money Laundering Risk. Instead of actually doing something to prevent this, EU is doing nothing.

What are the odds of EU banning bitcoin completely and how would they enforce this ban?
None.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:21:58 PM

they are not specifically against bitcoin, they want only to limit the terrorist funds in any way and by looking at any means of payment not just bitcoin

well i don't think they will succeed, bitcoin if used to move big funds only it's 100% anonymous
Mickeyb (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:28:56 PM

They're just manipulating the average population. The amount of money transmitted in Bitcoin for illegal purposes is very tiny. UK Treasury: Digital Currencies Pose Lowest Money Laundering Risk. Instead of actually doing something to prevent this, EU is doing nothing.

What are the odds of EU banning bitcoin completely and how would they enforce this ban?
None.

I know this. This is the same story with every government worldwide. They ain't doing anything right but what suites them best.

Nevertheless I am just afraid that this will make us unnecessary damage!
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:32:09 PM

Let's see where will this head, but apparently such news would actually affect bitcoin's pricing in some way--though not significantly. With the recent news of such terrorism attacks, bitcoin being a vehicle on funding these efforts is being watched keenly by the governments. As a result, certain actions are taken. Sad
fewords

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:49:00 PM

western countries welcome with open harms terrorist attacks like this, even if on media they show the opposite

now finally they have an excuse to crack down encryption, bitcoin and whatever we have build for our privacy and sense of freedom

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 03:50:28 PM

I know this. This is the same story with every government worldwide. They ain't doing anything right but what suites them best.

Nevertheless I am just afraid that this will make us unnecessary damage!
Interestingly something in regards to Adolf Hitler became viral recently and I've just stumbled upon it. Here's a part of it and the link to the video:
What does democracy or authoritarian state mean for those international hyenas? They don't care at all. They are only interested in one thing. Are you willing to be plundered? Yes or no? Are you stupid enough to keep quiet in the process? ... What really matters is the existence of a few hundred capitalists.
It's very interesting because the speech accurately depicts the situation that we are in today (first two minutes especially). Bitcoin is the main factor that is becoming dangerous to the existence of that group (don't respond if you don't watch the video). I would not be surprised to see more manipulation in order to add more bad press related to it. What is the most unfortunate is that only a tiny percentage of people are aware of this.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 03:55:20 PM

They've already got the means by lumbering exchanges with all the usual KYC stuff. I guess there's always cash but I don't see how you're going to manage to move millions that way. This'll just add to increasing creativity in the crypto space. There are already enough people itching to step up to the challenge.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 04:33:45 PM

They've already got the means by lumbering exchanges with all the usual KYC stuff. I guess there's always cash but I don't see how you're going to manage to move millions that way. This'll just add to increasing creativity in the crypto space. There are already enough people itching to step up to the challenge.

Maybe one day these bastards try to make the decision to put every cryptographer into jail! Roll Eyes
Wouldn't surprise me if they would come up with such stupid ideas.
Cryptographer/coder = public enemy number 1
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: