Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:24:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG NEWS: Europen Union Cracking Down on Bitcoin  (Read 3982 times)
JessyMatt (OP)

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:15:34 PM

http://www.bitcoinvalues.net/european-countries-cracking-down-on-bitcoin-slow-terrorist-funding.html

Do you think cracking down on bitcoin will help slow down terrorist activities in the EU and abroad?

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:20:54 PM

i thought we were celebrating the biggest news yet still..
How the EU courts ruled it a currency.
i smell contradiction ..open a window !

FUD first & ask questions later™
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:32:10 PM

Nah, I think a very large majority of terroristic activities are still funded with good 'ol fiat, hatred and a state of insanity. Crypto plays a microscopic role in this I think, perhaps even none.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 08:44:58 PM

Quit spreading FUD.

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:46:03 PM

why, I did not know that the CIA & other government agencies use Bitcoin

I thought they fund terrorists via good old US$ transfers and suitcases full of cash...

BTW the EU is cracking down on democracy, too, Merkel and Hollande leading the way  Sad

Truth is the new hatespeech.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 08:48:41 PM

Some facts about digital currency and terrorist financing

After the recent attacks in Paris, governments are redoubling their efforts to combat terrorist financing, and we’ve been asked how digital currencies might be affected by these efforts. The answer is that digital currencies like Bitcoin, and the service providers that help consumers access digital currency networks, don’t pose any greater threat of being abused by criminals and terrorists than other financial networks. Yet that doesn’t stop the publication of headlines like, “After Paris Attacks, Europe Is Cracking Down On Bitcoin.”

https://coincenter.org/2015/11/some-facts-about-digital-currency-and-terrorist-financing/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=reddit&utm_campaign=facts

Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:49:44 PM

I wouldn't worry too much. Of course they need to crack down on any thing that enabled these evil people to do what they do. The regulations they pass may make bitcoin less anonymous (but let's face it, it's not completely anonymous to begin with) at fiat to BTC exchange points. The EU laws may resemble something like the US know your customer laws.

Perhaps this helps drive the price lower in the near term, but the currency isn't going away.

If anything this should motivate all of us to share the positives of the currency with our circle of friends and family.

PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:54:26 PM

They are cracking down on many channels, bitcoin is only one of them. Nothing to worry about.

EU’s executive body will seek ways to “strengthen controls of non-banking payment methods such as electronic/anonymous payments and virtual currencies and transfers of gold, precious metals, by pre-paid cards
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 08:56:56 PM

Since bitcoin was declared a currency in EU they should be looking into it in the same way they do with any currency which is what is happening here I think.
Cuidler

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:01:41 PM

BTW the EU is cracking down on democracy, too, Merkel and Hollande leading the way  Sad

Yes, the mood in France is allarming, with small steps toward dictationarship system. And I thought western countries will invetiably go toward systems with more freedoom over time, but I guess I was wrong.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:06:16 PM

Fear makes you stupid. Terror for the win!!11!!! Sad

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 09:10:39 PM

This is pointless as probably less than 5% of their money comes from cryptocurrencies. Why not ban fiat? After all, cash is being used to fund them? We should practically "crack down" on pretty much anything as a lot of things are being used for funding. This will change nothing.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 09:18:38 PM

What I find ironic is that France did absolutely nothing to stop the Syrian terrorists from entering the country as refugees. Now they're just using the recent Paris attacks to justify "cracking down" on terrorism. Bitcoin can be used to fund terrorism, yes but that does not mean it is necessarily bad. The bankers just don't want to lose their financial grip on the world.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:10:44 PM

How do they even plan to stop the funds from moving? That is kind of impossible...

They can follow the trail ofcourse, but other than that, I don't think they can do anything.
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:15:36 PM

This is the just fear mongering. Why ban a currency that could of been another other? This just doesn't make any sense what so ever.
I think the media attention is going to make things worst for bitcoins value this week into the end of the year.
Sad news indeed  Sad

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:26:06 PM

This is not news. If you read Coindesk, all it basically said is some bureaucrats are going to investigate bitcoin and terrorism... blah blah blah. Investigating means nothing. There was no indication of immediate action or a proposal to be voted on. I should have bought on the dip that coincided with this "news" coming out.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:42:37 PM

I see nothing on how they are cracking down. 
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:44:08 PM

Some facts about digital currency and terrorist financing

After the recent attacks in Paris, governments are redoubling their efforts to combat terrorist financing, and we’ve been asked how digital currencies might be affected by these efforts. The answer is that digital currencies like Bitcoin, and the service providers that help consumers access digital currency networks, don’t pose any greater threat of being abused by criminals and terrorists than other financial networks. Yet that doesn’t stop the publication of headlines like, “After Paris Attacks, Europe Is Cracking Down On Bitcoin.”

https://coincenter.org/2015/11/some-facts-about-digital-currency-and-terrorist-financing/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=reddit&utm_campaign=facts

Very nice article indeed! I have read quite a lot today about this problematic and the general feeling is that we shouldn't be too worried. Of course, governments will do anything that they think is necessary to make life to these monsters as miserable as they can, but they just don't have much time to worry about Bitcoin at the moment, as they do realize that Bitcoin use is at best modest by the terrorists.

I do live in France and trust me here is chaos! So this what they have announced is quite understandable!
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:49:13 PM

If bitcoin was this widely used my terrorists, wouldnt the price be higher?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 10:56:14 PM

In essence, instead of using Bitcoin's blockchain to help track down terrorists, the powers that be in their infinite wisdom call an emergency meeting to shutdown the best source they have in finding terrorists.

"We're shutting you down because terrorists have been know to purchase their lemonade from you to kill innocent people. The list you provide us on a daily basis as to whom your customers are absolutely has no value to us."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: