Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:59:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG NEWS: Europen Union Cracking Down on Bitcoin  (Read 3982 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:32:24 AM

The point is, nobody cracks down on Bitcoin. Governments only crack down on people. Bitcoin is simply another tool they use.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:18:20 AM

I am sure bitcoin usage among terrorists is low level comparing fiat.
Europe tries to find enemy to attack but it cannot and it creates its own enemies. Not a good idea.
Bitcoiner2015

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:40:32 AM

Top business news on BBC world news today was that the EU want to clamp down on Bitcoin to stop terrorist funding...

Never waste a crisis eh?
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:48:49 AM

Top business news on BBC world news today was that the EU want to clamp down on Bitcoin to stop terrorist funding...

Never waste a crisis eh?

There is a need of even more mass surveillance and this new atmosphere is the best to work on it. I remember PM Cameron barking about  control UK private communications: now he can pass whatever bill he wants and people will blindly accept everything if it is for their own safety.
Don't you guys see where we are going?
If that's the case BTC is my last concern

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
.COOK.
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
dumana

Activity: 148

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:58:19 AM

I am sure bitcoin usage among terrorists is low level comparing fiat.
Europe tries to find enemy to attack but it cannot and it creates its own enemies. Not a good idea.

When European follow the American bombing Iraq and Syria, it should expect the terror attacks as a retaliation. Americans are safer as they are protected by Atlantic Ocean.
It is not better not to follow blindly and create too many enemies.
mezzomix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1253

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:18:50 AM

There is a need of even more mass surveillance and this new atmosphere is the best to work on it. I remember PM Cameron barking about  control UK private communications: now he can pass whatever bill he wants and people will blindly accept everything if it is for their own safety.

Sure, but the brits had some advantage. They had a great architect that created a detailed plan in 1949. Now they only need to follow this plan and they are done. Fortunately Mr Orwell published his plan so that other nations can copy and realize it on their own.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 09:40:02 AM

kind of funny

the paris attackers lived in brussels, and sold their bar(pub) to buy the weapons and rent a car...
so no bitcoin use there...

the british attack on 7/7 2005 and american attack in 9/11 2001 was before bitcoin was even invented.

so will people please use logic and common sense, then read beyond the headline and research facts..

You're right. But it is so easy to fool the public. And I think we all here knew that in one or other these terrorist attacks will be used by the governments to push forward some of their agendas and schemes. Imo it was so obvious that they would come up with some bs that ISIS use Bitcoin.Banning cash is a plan that exists since a long time. These happenings are the best fuel they can get.
But even banning Bitcoin and vanishing cash will not stop terror. It's all about control over the masses.Power and control!
But the average seems to be too stupid to see it and too naive to believe it!
Jimmy_tudesky

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:35:28 AM

omg, i hope its not possible...  Lips sealed Lips sealed

i made prepaid VISA debit card linked with my bitcoin account on Cryptopay service, it works fine. i hope they wouldn't block it  Undecided
HardForkComing

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:40:13 AM

Bitcoin can't help "slow down" terrorist activities anywhere. It'll be much easier to fund terrorists with BTC, than FIAT.
I have stopped reading bitcoin related articles which get posted by big media long time ago. It's simply market manipulation, fear spreading and many other things they do, to push their agendas on specific topics.

What I know is: I am accumulating BTC and I don't care about the media. They're the ones hyping all this terrorist drama when they need to push their agenda.
This thing with Paris for example. They've been hyping it too much, for no reason.
While they don't show stuff which happens in the rest of the world.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:22:37 AM

omg, i hope its not possible...  Lips sealed Lips sealed

i made prepaid VISA debit card linked with my bitcoin account on Cryptopay service, it works fine. i hope they wouldn't block it  Undecided

you're not terrorist, or involved with any malicious activity(i hope) so why they should do something like that? no-sense

they are only saying that they will track more strictly every action now more than before, due to the latest terrorist attacks
ca333

Activity: 520
Merit: 522

Developer - EthicHacker - BTC enthusiast

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:31:11 AM

governments always use tragedies and the fear of the citizens of the world to pull things they can not control into dirt. (see gulf-war, iraq-war, 9/11, etc.). Most of such attacks/tragedies have their roots in US, ISR and EU governments. I mean, anybody with average intelligence will be able to count 1 + 1. . . .

my sympathy and solidarity is with the victims and their families. I wish them lot of positive energy to overcome this dark and painful times... In fact the families of the victims are the only one who will be still suffering when we "already forgot" the attacks..

omg, i hope its not possible...  Lips sealed Lips sealed

i made prepaid VISA debit card linked with my bitcoin account on Cryptopay service, it works fine. i hope they wouldn't block it  Undecided

you're not terrorist, or involved with any malicious activity(i hope) so why they should do something like that? no-sense

they are only saying that they will track more strictly every action now more than before, due to the latest terrorist attacks

like "they" used any other "terrorism" as excuse/pretense  to "eliminate" privacy and data-protection - the public enemy #1.

this space is available (free) for humanitarian nonprofit organizations - please contact me
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:42:25 AM

my sympathy and solidarity is with the victims and their families not only to Paris but around the world.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:01:01 PM

Merkel paid for her hair appoinent with Bitcoin

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Digit-0

Activity: 199

in the end, you only find the beginning

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:04:18 PM

governments always use tragedies and the fear of the citizens of the world to pull things they can not control into dirt. (see gulf-war, iraq-war, 9/11, etc.). Most of such attacks/tragedies have their roots in US, ISR and EU governments. I mean, anybody with average intelligence will be able to count 1 + 1. . . .

But not only in this case they have been doing it since the beginning, sometimes i fall into thinking that all those misfortunes have something to do with govermtens... maybe im a little bit paranoic, but as you sayd, 1+1.....

my sympathy and solidarity is with the victims and their families not only to Paris but around the world.

Thank you! in last days our hearts are with Paris for sure!!, lets hope that nothing bad happend in the upcomming days.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:08:16 PM

Any news from the EU meeting in Brussels yet? When is the meeting exactly? I am eager to see what have they discussed about and have they mentioned us at all?
jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 12:13:45 PM

I don't get TPTB. On one hand they are funding blockchain research and some governments are supporting bitcoin.

On the other hand they are trying to link bitcoin to terrorism and taint it's reputation.

Could it be lower level minions are trying to jump on board with the popularity of it? But at higher levels they want to crush it?

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:38:21 PM

Sure, but the brits had some advantage. They had a great architect that created a detailed plan in 1949. Now they only need to follow this plan and they are done. Fortunately Mr Orwell published his plan so that other nations can copy and realize it on their own.

I think the plan is way older than that. Eric Arthur Blair (aka George Orwell) updated it for the new times ahead.
By the way, smile you are on CCTV, your iPhone is in very good hands and your bank account is safely monitored by the agencies.

This is more or less where we are today.

████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
.COOK.
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
cptdome1

Activity: 386
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:41:48 PM

So is bitcoin being made illegal in Europe? 
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:42:45 PM

In essence, instead of using Bitcoin's blockchain to help track down terrorists, the powers that be in their infinite wisdom call an emergency meeting to shutdown the best source they have in finding terrorists.

"We're shutting you down because terrorists have been know to purchase their lemonade from you to kill innocent people. The list you provide us on a daily basis as to whom your customers are absolutely has no value to us."
Unfortunately, this is what the world has come to. Some conspiracy theorists claim that the attacks in Paris were highly influenced to happen by the so-called "New World Order". After stories like this come out, I am beginning to buy into these theories. I have not seen an Alex Jones documentary in a long time, but I might want to watch one later when I have a chance.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 01:48:17 PM

I dislike the fact that terrorist use Bitcoin and I want world leaders to stop them. However, I do not wish to see Bitcoin fall apart because of criminal uses. After all ... I doubt they will be successful in cracking down Bitcoin anyway.

True, though we want terrorism to stop in all means, we don't want it to affect or hinder bitcoin's growth in any way. There are a lot of ways to stop them, and governments see restricting bitcoin as one way to at least minimize their effects on the public. Though we don't want it to happen as much as possible, governments deem it as one of the best ways to counter terrorism. Sad
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: