Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG NEWS: Europen Union Cracking Down on Bitcoin  (Read 3983 times)
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:23:50 AM

Leave Bitcoin Alone. Abolish Cash Instead.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-11-20/bitcoin-is-better-than-cash-for-keeping-track-of-terrorists

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
wadii33

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:31:13 AM

i d'ont think that terroristes because bitcoin can't buy you weapons and they will need a huge amount of bitcoin
the only way is to get it mostly in europe
walter3211

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:45:20 AM

Before bitcoin come out in 2009, terrorist had already there. There is nothing wrong with bitcoin. If it had, dollar would be banned as well. The main points should be tracking down the funding source and cut it off, not the bitcoin, dollar, euro or anything else.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:46:25 AM

I say, do as they must.  Trying to crack it down is always good for Satoshi's little experiment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
BtcMagazin

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:55:16 AM

Yes, cash is still the main source of financing terrorist. The media just exaggerates the consequence.
Cash was rated a "high" risk for terrorist financing, the traditional banking system a "medium" one, and e-money and virtual currencies a "low" one. "Digital currencies are currently not a method by which terrorists raise or move money out of the U.K. (though they remain a viable method for doing so)," the report said.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:05:11 AM

the french saga was funded using Euro's which came from selling a bar(pub) in brussels.

the brussels bar, years ago was purchased using a brussels business bank loan..
and repayments were made, profits were made by brussels patrons paying to get drunk over the years.

there was no money laundering or bitcoin, or cash in hand transactions.. the bar was sold legitimately to someone that wanted to genuinely own a bar

the terrorists rented a car using a credit card funded from the legal sale of a bar..

in short the paris attack was funded by a brussels (EU) bank.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:10:31 AM

cracking down bitcoin could help slowing down terrorist but crash of bitcoin price as i can see.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:21:48 AM

the french saga was funded using Euro's which came from selling a bar(pub) in brussels.

and repayments were made, profits were made by brussels patrons paying to get drunk over the years.

there was no money laundering or bitcoin, or cash in hand transactions.. the bar was sold legitimately to someone that wanted to genuinely own a bar

the terrorists rented a car using a credit card funded from the legal sale of a bar..

Yes and this was very doable since apparently they haven't spent more than 7,000 euros for the whole attack. This amount you earn on one busy weekend in any Brussels bar!

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0T92LX20151121
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:50:52 AM

Yes and this was very doable since apparently they haven't spent more than 7,000 euros for the whole attack. This amount you earn on one busy weekend in any Brussels bar!

i love reuters second paragraph.. september 11th cost $400k due to pilot lessons..
... hmm i seem to remember them using microsoft flight simulator.. $40

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:36:42 AM

Two of the 9/11 WTC attackers attended a commercial flight school in Florida:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huffman_Aviation
So not just sims.....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:40:11 AM

Two of the 9/11 WTC attackers attended a commercial flight school in Florida:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huffman_Aviation
So not just sims.....

my point was more about what media speculates.. not about the truth years later.

i guess my sarcasm meter is broke

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:55:20 AM

So we can confirm now that the attack itself wasn't being funded by bitcoin Wink
I just wanna say that the terrorist is actually pretty smart by building a business, then attacks the nation where your business stand Roll Eyes
Kinda like undercover terrorist Roll Eyes

And i can't believe you can earn up to 7k euros in just one weekend Shocked
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:21:02 AM

So we can confirm now that the attack itself wasn't being funded by bitcoin Wink
I just wanna say that the terrorist is actually pretty smart by building a business, then attacks the nation where your business stand Roll Eyes
Kinda like undercover terrorist Roll Eyes

And i can't believe you can earn up to 7k euros in just one weekend Shocked

most bar capacity is only 30 people.. so lets say its always at full capacity from midday to mid night. and each patron buys 2 drinks an hour
(60 drinks an hour) x 12hours= 720 drinks a day

at eur3 a drink=eur2160
2 days = eur4320

now the cost of supplies, wages, lease/mortgate, etc.. a weekend would only net around $1000 profit

so id say its more like 2 weeks income.. not to days..

but i think the reason they sold the bar instead of just keeping it and only taking 2 weeks profit.. is simple..

they knew they were never going to return to the bar.. afterall they were suicidal..

so they cashed out the business and probably handed the funds to family or other idiotic suicidal terrorists to do something else on another day.

chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:58:14 AM

and i read that they communicate and organize the attack through playstation 4 chat.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:17:30 PM

After we gained precious info from the playstation 4 chat scandal, would anyone please tell me where the heck would these evildoers even buy their toys since Silkroad has been busted  Huh
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:29:24 PM

After we gained precious info from the playstation 4 chat scandal, would anyone please tell me where the heck would these evildoers even buy their toys since Silkroad has been busted  Huh

there are other dark markets around of course, but they are not so popular in the media as SR.

and why use ps4 chat when you can use Tor chat Huh

stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:32:27 PM

Some commentators have been linking the former Yugoslavian war, as a source. Could have been stock-piling for years......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6117750.stm
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:53:27 PM

Politicians know that taking action against bitcoin is not gonna change anything. Bitcoins are less than 1% of total money used by terrorists from ISIS.
This legal actions are more publicity stunt aimed to please general public. People need to know that 'government' is doing something, even if this is totally bullshit.

Their logic is: We can't ban FIAT. So lets ban something else instead, even it is not important at all.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:38:27 PM

i love reuters second paragraph.. september 11th cost $400k due to pilot lessons..
... hmm i seem to remember them using microsoft flight simulator.. $40

Yes some of the did use it, I recall this as well! Although, FSX is one mighty simulator, very realistic, you have to admit it! It has burned my laptop back in the days, even on minimal settings! Smiley
sanas

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:50:37 PM

Politicians know that taking action against bitcoin is not gonna change anything. Bitcoins are less than 1% of total money used by terrorists from ISIS.
This legal actions are more publicity stunt aimed to please general public. People need to know that 'government' is doing something, even if this is totally bullshit.

Their logic is: We can't ban FIAT. So lets ban something else instead, even it is not important at all.

That is the right assessment. The governments cannot control banks to cut the ties with terrorist, so they create a easy target, bitcoin.

.cashaa....█████
█╬██
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█
█╬█

█╬█

█╬██

█████
██████
██╬██
█╬█