Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:29:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimum limit for buying BTC  (Read 7196 times)
scott btc

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:45:56 PM

When buy there is no limit yet, if you put a cent you will get only dust of bitcoin(satoshi)
All depends on your budget.

But when you sell it min to sell is 0.0001BTC/1 mBtc.
Kingno.1

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:11:38 PM

You can purchase or sell as little as 1.00 in your local currency worth of bitcoin ($1 or €1 for example)
Before using any service, it is a good idea to look for reviews and feedback from previous customers. This can be done by performing a Google search of the name of the website or company.
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:46:42 PM

minimum limit for buying bitcoin is where you want buy bitcoin, i mean every exchanger will have some rules for user buy bitcoin at their and some exchanger need your identification before you buy or sell  bitcoin.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:39:48 PM

i have bought some bitcoin from bittylicious before and only paid a few pence, i would say they have to have a limit somewhere.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 06:54:40 PM

minimum limit for buying bitcoin is where you want buy bitcoin, i mean every exchanger will have some rules for user buy bitcoin at their and some exchanger need your identification before you buy or sell  bitcoin.

Yes every trader has certain limit for buy and sell , but its good if we buy in a large amount at once as you don't have to spend trading fees often.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:50:01 PM

Yes every trader has certain limit for buy and sell , but its good if we buy in a large amount at once as you don't have to spend trading fees often.
The only limit is your bankroll. There are no other limits when you trade bitcoins, altcoins or any other type of commodity or currency.
Bitcoin can be divided into numbers smaller than 1 cent, so buying desired amount of BTC is not a problem at all.
tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:02:14 PM

The only limit is your bankroll. There are no other limits when you trade bitcoins, altcoins or any other type of commodity or currency.
Bitcoin can be divided into numbers smaller than 1 cent, so buying desired amount of BTC is not a problem at all.

Some exchanges do handle a minimum fee to deposit. It depends on their deposit fee.
Suppose coinbase charges 0.0002 BTC on every deposit and kraken charges a withdrawal fee of 0.0002 (this mean you should min. deposit 0.0002 BC)
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 06:55:58 PM

Yes it depends on the exchanges on from where you want to buy bitcoin, But I think you yourself must also have some mind to keep a minimum limit for you as you should have to buy bitcoin for atleast $0.10, if you want for less than what will you do with bitcoin of worth $0.01.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:49:26 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 12:09:10 AM by bit1

In theory:  

X: Quantity

Y: BTC o Fractions of it.

A)From wallet to wallet to get X  of Y:  Network transactions fee + X

B)Thru an exchange to get X  of Y :   Network transactions fee + Exchange charges + X

But  strictly speaking you can get a  min buy  using A)   where X > 0 satoshies.

Just now: You coud spend 10,000 sat to buy 1 sat then you would are in a loss, So  strictly speaking again
min. buy are 20,000 sat. - 10,000 sat of Network transactions fee to get 10,000 sat.

then there are two answers at least one given by  the  system and another given by  common sense of each one.

sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:40:41 AM

Yes it depends on the exchanges on from where you want to buy bitcoin, But I think you yourself must also have some mind to keep a minimum limit for you as you should have to buy bitcoin for atleast $0.10, if you want for less than what will you do with bitcoin of worth $0.01.
There is no limit. Everyone wants to buy Bitcoin at a low price, so the chance will be higher that you can make some profit.
But that is hard to have that. Because it is really hard to make some profit because you must wait a long time for some profit.
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 03:56:36 PM

Yes the trading fees are also a criteria we need to consider to fix some limit, we have to buy a large amount so that we pay the service fee for once not each time for buying again and again.

sallymeeh27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 05:11:30 PM

I am actually not sure or a minimum limit for buying Bitcoin. Why would there be a limit if you will buy a bitcoin. If you have enough money you can buy as much as you can. If I would have the money as yours I would buy bitcoin for it has a good value in the future..

CasioK

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:22:13 AM

Yes, bitcoin in the form of satoshi can be divided into much smallest possible unit, so do not put a limit on its minimizing, but the fee of exchange may appear as the limit for the exchange for it.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:56:31 AM

Yes, bitcoin in the form of satoshi can be divided into much smallest possible unit, so do not put a limit on its minimizing, but the fee of exchange may appear as the limit for the exchange for it.

Ya it is correct the minimum for buying is the minimum transaction fees for that exchange is , because even if you are buying one sathoshi but the fees would be high so automatically you have to calculate your buying with the transaction fees. So now i think so many have given you examples of minimum buying limit.

beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1164

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:57:10 PM

Some exchanges do handle a minimum fee to deposit. It depends on their deposit fee.
Suppose coinbase charges 0.0002 BTC on every deposit and kraken charges a withdrawal fee of 0.0002 (this mean you should min. deposit 0.0002 BC)
While in xapo, I have seen that there is no any type of fee, if I noticed right, then it means that the minimum amount of exchange of bitcoin is 1mBTC as it is it's smallest unit I think in Xapo, we can go for.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:17:56 PM

No needs to use limits of other people. Your own limit is how much bitcoins you can purchase without impact on your routine life like food, car, etc.
You need to determine it  for yourself.

a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:23:27 PM

Most exchanges I have seen they have put a limit of 0.01 btc which is approximately 4 dollars to buy or sell bitcoin. but if you are talking about face to face exchange, I think the minimum limit can be anything depends on the agreement between the buyer and the seller
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:50:19 AM

Most exchanges I have seen they have put a limit of 0.01 btc which is approximately 4 dollars to buy or sell bitcoin. but if you are talking about face to face exchange, I think the minimum limit can be anything depends on the agreement between the buyer and the seller

Yes, or exchanges specify a minimum transaction fee. So if you buy too few bitcoins, the fee becomes very high as a percentage of the bitcoins bought. Other than that, even exchanges don't impose artificial limits.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:40:31 PM

Yes, or exchanges specify a minimum transaction fee. So if you buy too few bitcoins, the fee becomes very high as a percentage of the bitcoins bought. Other than that, even exchanges don't impose artificial limits.

Yeah there is no limitation. Its the best factor of bitcoin getting splitted to required fragments. As quoted by above mate only the transaction fee makes some changes on receiving.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:04:21 PM

I mean, if its a hassle to get a small amoutn of btc to get from exchanges and pay for the fee.

Most just seek for small micro loans on the loan sections.. then the buying 0.01 approach.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: