Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 03:25:15 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Banks with an API  (Read 2637 times)
genjix (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 09:15:59 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2011, 09:46:14 AM by genjix

Hey,

For Britcoin we currently use a business account. Deposits are downloaded as a CSV file and parsed. Withdrawals are done by a javascript robot.

Soon we will be gaining legal status, we're doing a rewrite of the software and have a security guy consulting to make the site super secure. I want to do everything properly all around. It's been hard work but everything is falling into place and we need the last piece of the puzzle.

I cannot find a UK bank with an API. It's driving me nuts. Whoever I call has no idea, and corporate accounts are for businesses with > 5mil in turnover / year.

- Can automate withdrawals and fetch deposits without human intervention using an API.
- Immediate receiving of deposits.
- Whenever a payment is made to somebody, it immediately updates the bank balance so we can compare to our own internal balance for book-keeping purposes.
- Doesn't close on weekends (preferably).

I don't need any crappy ePayment service. A bank with a reference field is perfectly adequate. It should be possible since bullionvault.com seems to have the same setup as us (bank deposit + name in reference field).

If anyone knows any consultants to call then that's OK if they would be able to advise us. I just don't want to end up calling, paying and then they say "lol, no idea what you're talking about, sry". e payment gateways use VISA/Mastercard and they're out of the question (not smart when they decide to shut down Bitcoin).

Thanks.
sirius
Bitcoiner

Activity: 429
Merit: 985

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 11:49:50 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2011, 12:33:17 PM by sirius

Nordea is a nordic bank that serves internationally and offers a (fairly complex) XML API you can use for all that. Danske Bank uses the same api afaik.

Iris — for better social networks
I'm not a forum admin - please contact theymos instead.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: