Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:13:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-11-16 CalvinAyre.com - Dealer’s Choice: Brother, Can You Spare A Bitcoin?  (Read 822 times)
Stephen Gornick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 08:17:24 AM

Dealer’s Choice: Brother, Can You Spare A Bitcoin?

I find Bitcoin interesting for a number of reasons. It’s fascinating to me how such a radical idea – decentralized currency, seemingly lifted straight from the work of science fiction author Neal Stephenson – has taken hold so quickly here in the real world. You can buy gold and silver with Bitcoins; you can buy domains and hosting services with Bitcoin;
[...]
The UIGEA essentially deputized the banks – against their will, if their testimony during hearings to codify new regulations before the Act went into effect is a fair indicator – to spy on their customers for the feds. U.S. government use of the banks for its own means isn’t new,
[...]
Given that Bitcoin touches on so many facets of so many issues related to privacy and economic freedom, I imagine I’ll be paying attention to it for the foreseeable future.

- http://calvinayre.com/2012/11/16/poker/dealers-choice-spare-a-bitcoin-cryptocurrency

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 09:56:13 AM

probably Satoshi reading one of his books before Huh

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2012, 07:39:03 PM

Ouch, I know he's talking about Seals and he says "extremely low stakes poker". We've got a 60BTC buy-in ring game running right now, geez.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: