Bitcoin Forum
August 22, 2018, 08:05:49 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LiteCoin Install Problems  (Read 333 times)
sandy56

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:34:53 PM

I downloaded the LiteCoin wallet and installed it. At that time it asked for a data directory location which I selected.

At this point I realized my selection was a mistake and I uninstalled it and deleted all the files.

I then reinstalled it only to find that this time it did not ask me for a data directory location and I ended up now with
a repeat of what I just had.

Again, I uninstalled it and deleted all the files.

I posted this message on the litecoin website several days ago and have not received an answer.

How can I correct this?
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:44:43 PM

I downloaded the LiteCoin wallet and installed it. At that time it asked for a data directory location which I selected.

At this point I realized my selection was a mistake and I uninstalled it and deleted all the files.

I then reinstalled it only to find that this time it did not ask me for a data directory location and I ended up now with
a repeat of what I just had.

Again, I uninstalled it and deleted all the files.

I posted this message on the litecoin website several days ago and have not received an answer.

How can I correct this?

It saves the location into the registry (probably in user\current\software\litecoin") which it doesn't remove when you uninstall it.

RIP Bittrex
RIP Poloniex
sandy56

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:09:31 PM

Thanks so much.

I found the registry entry at

Computer > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Litecoin

I deleted the key and then the reinstall went ok.

It is so common problem that when programs are uninstalled they leave remnants behind there should be a law against it.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.