I have a server at my office just sitting there, it always has to be on.
I just found out about bitcoins\mining.
The server has 2x 1000watt redundant power supplies and amaaazing cooling. Its an HP DL380 G5, here are some specs:
HP ProLiant DL380 Generation 5 (G5)
Front View: Rear View:
1. Eight sockets for PC2-5300 Fully Buffered DIMMs (DDR2-667) 1. Torx service tool
2. Hot-plug fans, full redundancy 2. Optional pass through cable door
3. Systems Insight Display 3. Two Embedded NC373i Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapters with TCP/IP Offload Engine
4. Quick release lever for rapid server access
5. Support for eight Small Form Factor hot plug hard drives bays 4. Hot plug power supply bays, redundancy option (High performance models include redundant power supply)
6. Front LEDs (show server status) and Unit Identification button/LED (for easy in rack server identification) 5. Integrated Lights-Out 2 (iLO 2) Remote management port
6. Video Port
7. Two front USB ports (2 rear USB ports, 1 internal USB port) 7. Two USB 2.0 Ports
8. Intel Xeon Processor (Performance models include two processors) 8. Serial Port
9. Keyboard Port
9. Hot plug power supply, redundancy option (High performance models include redundant power supply) 10. Mouse PS/2 Port
10. Three full-size PCI-E expansion slots in standard expansion cage (or optional mixed PCI-X/E expansion cage). Two additional low-profile PCI-E slots embedded on the system board. Four slots available for use; one consumed by Smart Array controller (Base and Performance models) 11. Two low-profile PCI Express x8 slots. Slot 1 is consumed by the P400 Smart Array controller. (Base and Performance models)
12. Three full-size PCI Express slots in standard cage (or optional mixed PCI-X/E expansion cage)
11. Quick removal access panel
DO you guys think I can throw 2 or 3 PCIE cards in there>? Or does it have to be video card slots? Or can they just boot up with it even with no monitors plugged into them to run mining routines?
Thx, Im a sooper noob like seriously 45 minutes into discovering this shit & I dont wanna pay miningrigs.com $4k for a a fukkin athlonX2 lol