Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:51:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AcctBot - Open source automated trading platform  (Read 5192 times)
DanArmstrong (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:44:35 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 10:19:21 AM by DanArmstrong

Hey all! A couple of months ago, I started working on an automated trading platform for Cryptsy. As I'm getting closer to a stable release I decided it was time that I released a developer preview so that I can start getting feedback from the community. It is a Spring boot web application, runs on Mac, Linux and Windows, and is ready to run out of the box without any database or web server installation required.

It currently supports a handful of indicators and safeties with more to be added as I go. Right now it only supports Cryptsy, but I will be adding more exchanges after more bugs are ironed out. It supports both simulated and live trading, price alerts, push notifications via Pushover and desktop notifications.

The project is open source under the GPLv3 license and the code is available on GitHub at https://github.com/AcctCapital/AcctBot

If you are interested in getting your hands on the developer preview it can be found here https://github.com/AcctCapital/AcctBot/releases/tag/v1.0.0-alpha.1

You can follow the project on Twitter here https://twitter.com/AcctCapital

Or follow the blog (with screenshots) here http://blog.acctcapital.com

This is currently a side-project, but I put a lot of hours into it and I would like to have some community involvement to finally bring to the open source market, a trade bot that rivals the paid solutions. I have a lot planned, but it can only be made possible with the feedback and advice of the potential users.

Thank you for reading and if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, please let me know!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:35:46 PM

This is really nice project, which can be very popular  Wink You must create your own Webpage, and then start to offer this platform to the users  Grin
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6535

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 03:21:42 PM

Will this work on other exchanges? I have been hearing that Cryptsy is starting to go down. I have heard that they aren't allowing withdrawals and that strange things are happening.

David890

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:28:01 PM

Very nice and good topic.Thanks
DanArmstrong (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:23:25 PM

Thanks for the interest so far. Currently Cryptsy is the only exchange supported, simply because that's where my coins are. I will begin implementing more exchanges this evening as I can see that there are some concerns with Cryptsy at the moment. I am open to suggestions on the next exchange to implement. I will plan to drop a new build within a week with a new exchange added and more bug fixes. Any other questions or suggestions are most definitely welcome!
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:51:45 PM

Hi very nice project,thankyou for your work.About exchanges,not so many of them  in fact
C-Cex popular Bittrex Poloniex most popular exchanges i think

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
DanArmstrong (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:01:41 AM

Thank you for the suggestions. I will take a look at the APIs tonight and start getting them implemented. The application was written with multiple exchanges in mind so it shouldn't be a huge undertaking.
ezak

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:01:39 PM

downloaded but what is instruction for installation and using ?

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:38:59 PM

Great app, like everyone said, better to implement it to other exchanges, my favorite one is bittrex. AFAIK cryptsy is have some trouble recently.
and add FAQ features on the app is will be great.
DanArmstrong (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:40:55 PM

There is a readme in the zip file with instructions on running it. But for simplicity sake, just run the jar using java -jar acctbot-v1.0.0-alpha.1.jar. Wait for it to give you the started message in the console and then in your browser, navigate to https://localhost:6160. It includes a bundled self-signed certificate so you will receive a warning about that. Just proceed past the warning and follow the steps in the (very rough) setup wizard.
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 02:26:54 PM

HI mate,

I see your script is open source (always good).

Will you consider making it link with the BIttrex API?

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:27:43 PM

Whenever the term automatic and bots are mentioned in the same sentence the only thing comes to my mind is 'How secure it is ?" Because security plays a very important role in such platforms.You can a not can beat other bot and we are in no short of bot programmers .They can simply make a bot to divert the transactions to another address .Will surely check out your github and leave a detailed review .
DanArmstrong (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:28:46 PM

I completely understand the security concerns surrounding a platform like this. That is why I went the route of open-sourcing the entire thing rather than throwing a SaaS platform online, hiding the source, and asking people to trust me with their exchange keys. I do not enjoy that level of liability. I am well aware that there are many bot developers out there and many of them are significantly more knowledgeable than I am in this area. However, these bot developers don't seem to be very keen on providing a beginner-friendly platform to manage the bots as much as a set of scripts that require at least some level of scripting knowledge to setup and use. My goal is more to provide the complete platform for creating, managing and running the bots. And to give the control to the user so that they need not worry about any shady business going on behind the scenes.

As far as security, I wouldn't be comfortable taking it live on a production server yet, but I do try to keep that thought in mind as I refactor pieces of it. I will be posting more information about customizing the core configuration in the next couple of days to help users better tailor the application to their own needs and to increase the security.

Again, thank you for an objective opinion and I look forward to more feedback.
DanArmstrong (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:46:49 PM

HI mate,

Yes. I am currently implementing Poloniex and then will start on C-CEX and Bittrex.
alwinlinzee

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:43:19 PM

HI mate,

Yes. I am currently implementing Poloniex and then will start on C-CEX and Bittrex.
This is a good news and i hope it will be possible to do some cryptocoin trading arbitrage with this soon.

arunka71

Activity: 410
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:05:29 PM

Put an abstraction layer between exchanges and your tradebot, so you don't have to rewrite it when you add a new exchange.
DanArmstrong (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:28:25 PM

I had roughly done that, but now I'm refactoring to make the exchange API consistent across the board. I had toyed with using the open source xchange library which touts support for 50+ exchanges, however I was not able to get it to work reliably enough to be practical. Still aiming to have it ready by the end of the week, but with the holiday Tomorrow, it may be the end of the weekend before a new preview is ready.
arunka71

Activity: 410
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:14:50 PM

I wrote a similar lib and already thought about offering you help with the abstraction. But I think streaming APIs and FIX are the future and my lib is not ready for that, yet.
DanArmstrong (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:20:39 PM

I keep fighting between periodic polling and streaming APIs. Currently I am polling at a configurable interval simply because I'm a bit uneasy about opening the number of connections it would require to subscribe to every channel we are interested in. I may do some tests and see how it performs. I am well aware that using sockets will make response time much better but it would be a relatively large undertaking to switch over at the moment.
yinyan7

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:09:08 PM

great topic  Shocked
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: