Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:51:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-11-21] How to protect your Bitcoins from malicious hackers  (Read 326 times)
Scream (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:20:19 PM

There are many things you can try, and they all have their own pros and cons. The majority of Bitcoin storage options fall into the following three categories:

Software Wallets

Software wallets have the distinct advantage of being incredibly convenient: most simply require a process similar to logging into any banking website. Software wallets offering increasingly sophisticated measures of security, but essentially all are susceptible to keylogger attacks, which would compromise them completely, prompting the holder to lose all their bitcoins.

Paper Wallets

Paper wallets don’t have the same susceptibility to hacking as software wallets do, but they can be inconvenient, as most of the secure methods for keeping paper wallets involve locking them in a bank’s safety deposit box (or the equivalent) for redemption. You do, however, have the advantage of keeping your Bitcoin in a literal vault.

Hardware Wallets

Hardware wallets have many of the advantages of both paper wallets and software wallets, allowing for both off-computer storage for Bitcoin and easy access to Bitcoins on the wallet. The most secure hardware wallets are many steps ahead just keeping keys on a USB drive. Indeed, for those with significant sums of bitcoin, hardware wallets have become a must-get for a reason: they are immune to keylogger attacks and yet they allow for a store of bitcoins to be much more easily accessible than printed stacks of paper.

The best approaches to security include keeping a low profile, outsourcing as little security as possible and protecting valuable assets yourself. Most importantly, stay informed: just as successful investors trade on new information swiftly, you should take advantage of the latest security technologies and news

https://leaprate.com/2015/11/how-to-protect-your-bitcoins-from-malicious-hackers/
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Digit-0

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

in the end, you only find the beginning

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 01:04:30 PM

Hardware wallets + Paper wallets for a long term run, i mean if you want to keep it safe, dont use just one of them, divide your funds and use both of them, you know, never put all your eggs on the same basket Wink

Software Wallets for the daily usage with small amounts of btc in, ofc and you will be done, Good article @Scream

Btw you may forgot to say that always ALWAYS use the common sense while you work with bitcoin Wink
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:28:29 PM

Hardware wallets + Paper wallets for a long term run, i mean if you want to keep it safe, dont use just one of them, divide your funds and use both of them, you know, never put all your eggs on the same basket Wink

Software Wallets for the daily usage with small amounts of btc in, ofc and you will be done, Good article @Scream

Btw you may forgot to say that always ALWAYS use the common sense while you work with bitcoin Wink

Good combo against hackers, but not against burglars and extortionists.

I`d not keep all my bitcoins physical because its really hard to protect against those threats.

Digit-0

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

in the end, you only find the beginning

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:10:16 PM

Good combo against hackers, but not against burglars and extortionists.

I`d not keep all my bitcoins physical because its really hard to protect against those threats.

Well yes you know, if you really want to be 100% safe then you should know that is near impossible, there is always a way from where someone can hurt you...

Physical... mmm maybe is not a bad choice, i will put that option near Hardware wallets + Paper wallets since someone can steal your physical bitcoins too Wink

Btw is not a bad choice.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: