Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:32:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase new limits: 25 free transactions per day !  (Read 614 times)
superiorus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 12:21:11 PM

The issue:

"An error has occured - You have reached the maximum number of free on-blockchain transactions for today. Do you wish to add a 0.0001 BTC fee to proceed? (This fee does not go to Coinbase.)"

The answer from Coinbase:

Thanks for contacting us about this, and my apologies for the inconvenience. This error will show if your account sends more than 25 transactions a day. This is a recent change which explains why you had not seen the error before. Moving forward, transaction fees will have to be added after 25 transactions per day.

I hope this is not too much of an inconvenience. If you need assistance with this or further clarification, just let us know.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 12:25:49 PM

I was waiting for this to happen, just did not know who would be first.

The transaction fees paid for users at places like CoinBase, Xapo etc.. must add up so I can understand that Coinbase implemented this. At least they still give you 25 'free' transactions each day which is not bad.
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 12:32:23 PM

Well, maybe they should send an email to inform us but anyway this action will not affect every bitcoiner tho. 25 free transactions per day is still good thing imo.
Unfortunately for some users coinbase has limited one of its advantages, they only have to fit with it or move to Xapo which still offers free unlimited transactions..

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2300

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 12:39:19 PM

I don't think it is really accurate to say they give you 25 free transactions per day. It would be more accurate to say that they cover the TX fee of the first 25 on-blockchain withdrawals that you send as they do include TX fees when they process a withdrawal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: