Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:57:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if we sit at $310-$340 for 2 more years?  (Read 15542 times)
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:33:36 PM

With the upcoming black halving it can never be stable for 2 years.

Either the rate stays the same and end of july miners step out.

Or the rate increases and we have a healty price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:10:02 PM

It's likely that the price will increase. The only question is, how much. If the price goes up to around $500 and stays above that price, then the miners will surely not stop their hardware. I don't even think miners will stop their hardware if we only go up to $400 after the halving.
Pollak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Pollak

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:18:13 PM

It's likely that the price will increase. The only question is, how much. If the price goes up to around $500 and stays above that price, then the miners will surely not stop their hardware. I don't even think miners will stop their hardware if we only go up to $400 after the halving.

The S7,S5, S4 and even the S3 is profitable @ 400 USD. so yes i don't think we need 400 USD But 330 USD won't be to good either, remember the fee for electricity is also calculated in USD.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:26:04 PM

The S7,S5, S4 and even the S3 is profitable @ 400 USD. so yes i don't think we need 400 USD But 330 USD won't be to good either, remember the fee for electricity is also calculated in USD.

I am fairly sure there will be a peak that the miners are happy with. But I hope the price will not fall back to lower $300 range. As long as the generated coins that they mine are worth more than their expenses, they will continue. Especially if they haven't made their invested money back.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:33:27 PM

The stability would bring constancy which would shut down Uncle Ben's argument, but wouldn't it be boring?

What do you think?
It will most affect the traders who do stuff in exchange for bitcoins .They will no more be interested in saving up the coins as the prices won't go up or down .The solution could be other coins ,if bit coins market becomes too stable alternate cryptocurrencies will be in demand
Barnabe

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:36:28 PM

Staying at these prices for so much would mean that Bitcoin would probably have less variance than USD.  Grin
That would be really awesome ! People would stop staying that BTC is risky, and much more people would use it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:39:30 PM

Easy answer.As long as the ecosystem would continue evolving and the fundamentals show in the right direction, I would have two more years to accumulate more coins for a very low price.
But I doubt this to happen. We will see increasing prices.Starting at the latest Q2 next year.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:55:02 PM

miners can mine even with $100 let alone 400, but only with the s7, so those that have still the s5 will leave the game
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:57:49 PM

OP you made me laugh! Smiley I seriously believe that this won't ever happen! I mean we are talking about Bitcoin, don't you remember?
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:00:51 PM

If price is this stable for 2 years, bitcoin will be the new gold standard. Everyone would use it to store value, merchants will price goods in bitcoin without changing the price every week. It will be good for bitcoin.
ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:07:01 PM

It would mean no new innovations too, and this is not good for the trust people have in bitcoin.

So no, we shouldn't want this to be happend. A steady rice of let's stay 2% per month is more then sufficient.
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:36:10 PM

Stabillity is good but not in the bitcoin world, certainly not if you consider 2 years without any change.

Expect a rise to 400 before the halving. After the halving we may see a 500 usd figure again.
John Lemon

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:39:21 PM

No we won't. In 9 months there'll be block prize halvening. Price will raise; around $500.
HolyPizza

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:52:41 PM

OP you made me laugh! Smiley I seriously believe that this won't ever happen! I mean we are talking about Bitcoin, don't you remember?

Cheesy very true haha.

If price is this stable for 2 years, bitcoin will be the new gold standard. Everyone would use it to store value, merchants will price goods in bitcoin without changing the price every week. It will be good for bitcoin.

It is already way better than gold for investors. It has almost the same amount of risk, just that it is more volatile which is good to make profits.
It is only bad for normal everyday life consumers. In which, they do not use bitcoins as an investment but as a currency.

Regards,
HolyPotato
Harmonica

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:52:58 PM

I honestly could see the a $300-400 price ranged for another two years.

The reality of the situation is that it looks like bitcoin will not be going mainstream, at least at this point.  The blockchain and future techs based on it is where the growth will come from at this point.  This is going to take longer than expected.  Bitcoin and the blockchain are game changers, but unlike the internet where there was no alternative, they have a long uphill battle.

We all know there will be bull runs and bear periods to come, going beyond the figures mentioned in this thread.  But a realistic value will be in the $300-400 range at this point and that is including the upcoming halving.
Harmonica

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:55:44 PM

Cheesy very true haha.

It is already way better than gold for investors. It has almost the same amount of risk, just that it is more volatile which is good to make profits.
It is only bad for normal everyday life consumers. In which, they do not use bitcoins as an investment but as a currency.

Regards,
HolyPotato

None of this is true, from either posters.  Stability for another 2 years will not make this the new gold standard.  Bitcoin will need long term stability (decades) before it can be considered a gold like standard to store wealth.

Nobody invests directly in gold, as that is not its purpose.  In terms of risk, gold will not drop to $0.00 at this point of our collective society, however bitcoin could die within a few years.
Yogafan00000 (OP)

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:53:36 PM

You are right! We are talking Bitcoin....  where crazy, unexpected things happen, that no one believes can happen.

Everyone is either waiting for $0 (bears) or moon (bulls).

Right now, no one is expecting a stabilizing at $350, haha!

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:03:42 AM

Demand will only increase, which automatically translates to a higher price. You should look back at this thread 2 year later when the price might even be far above $1K per coin. You'll probably have a laugh and happily look at the coins in your wallet that has exploded in value Smiley We will definitely not stay at these levels for very long.
lolikop

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:40:47 AM

No way not gonna happen its gonna go up or down nuff said
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 02:24:11 AM

Staying at $310 to $340 would not really incentivize miners to continue, once the halving continues.

The price will not stabilize at that amount, for sure. It'll either increase from the increased activity surrounding the halving, or it will decrease when people realize that miners dropped out.

Two years is a lot of time.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: