Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:25:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your opinion on Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 1146 times)
midmir (OP)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:33:58 PM

I would like to hear what is your point of view about Satoshi Nakamoto.

Do you think he deserves the Nobel Prize of economics as it seems now he will not get it (yet) https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/satoshi-nakamoto-not-eligible-nobel-prize/.

To me personally Satoshi Nakamoto is the greatest inventor and the blockchain greatest invention of our time!

I hope he is alive, well and kicking. He deserve all the fame and why not even monument.
The anonymous thing is actually cute and wise and there are statues already of unknown soldiers across the world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:40:28 PM

I think satoshi ia mysteriuos..just that
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:07:13 PM

satoshi smells nice.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 07:30:04 PM

I think Satoshi is hiding because he is very handsome and he afraid that if he show himself, the internet will collapse because of his beauty.
midmir (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:04:27 PM

I think Satoshi is hiding because he is very handsome and he afraid that if he show himself, the internet will collapse because of his beauty.

handsome and smart  Grin
quadriple7

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:06:28 PM

i think that person is really smart and knows a lot about economy
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:15:23 PM

I think he's a genius.
AncilVTwo

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:19:57 PM

I would like to hear what is your point of view about Satoshi Nakamoto.

Do you think he deserves the Nobel Prize of economics as it seems now he will not get it (yet) https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/satoshi-nakamoto-not-eligible-nobel-prize/.

To me personally Satoshi Nakamoto is the greatest inventor and the blockchain greatest invention of our time!

I hope he is alive, well and kicking. He deserve all the fame and why not even monument.
The anonymous thing is actually cute and wise and there are statues already of unknown soldiers across the world.

i really think he deserves it but im almost certain he wont actually receive it. a man that stays in hiding after bitcoin flourishes would not go public just to accept an award. i also hope hes alive.
galdur

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:10:02 PM

Is there any real evidence that this person exists as such? As this major bitcoin brain box that is. Seems like some sort of mythical creation to me although I certainly can´t prove anything either way as this figure is concerned.

midmir (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:19:52 PM

Is there any real evidence that this person exists as such? As this major bitcoin brain box that is. Seems like some sort of mythical creation to me although I certainly can´t prove anything either way as this figure is concerned.

Well, the white paper and the first implementation didn't came out of thin air. Or the mail list or the forum posts.
Of course he/they exist/ed.

Maybe one day if there is no threat to his live he will reveal himself to give all of us a sincere laugh about the good old times.

He deserves to be the first trillioner in the world : )
galdur

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:58:41 PM

Well, the white paper and the first implementation didn't came out of thin air. Or the mail list or the forum posts.
Of course he/they exist/ed.

Maybe one day if there is no threat to his live he will reveal himself to give all of us a sincere laugh about the good old times.

He deserves to be the first trillioner in the world : )

Well I doubt that you know for a fact that this Satoshi guy for real and isn´t some Tom, Dick or Harry or all three. I think it´s just a myth to distract attention from some group.

paradoxum

Activity: 138

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:02:10 PM

If you were on the forums early enough you would have interacted with him through postings back in the day - account is now defunct.
galdur

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:10:39 PM

If you were on the forums early enough you would have interacted with him through postings back in the day - account is now defunct.

If he exists he can be found I guess. I´m sure it has been tried to the full, him being such an important personality. Haven´t heard of any results.

paradoxum

Activity: 138

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:17:01 PM

Some internet magazine tried to hunt him down 3 years ago if I recall - the results were hilarious. Google for it - cracked me up.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 11:37:36 PM

I think he's a very clever guy who foresaw the utter shit storm unleashing a technology like Bitcoin could cause which is why he kept himself anonymous, it's the equivalent of discovering an extremely cheap and constant source of electricity or space flight so it's naturally going to cause a lot of governments to either turn on him or try to recruit him. As he clearly wants to have his privacy and not be bothered by anyone I wish people would leave him the fuck alone.

We've got the open source technology, he gave us the code freely, so lets focus on that instead of obsessing over who he is.
galdur

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:41:05 PM

I think he's a very clever guy who foresaw the utter shit storm unleashing a technology like Bitcoin could cause which is why he kept himself anonymous, it's the equivalent of discovering an extremely cheap and constant source of electricity or space flight so it's naturally going to cause a lot of governments to either turn on him or try to recruit him. As he clearly wants to have his privacy and not be bothered by anyone I wish people would leave him the fuck alone.

We've got the open source technology, he gave us the code freely, so lets focus on that instead of obsessing over who he is.

There is no reason at all to leave him the fuck alone. He´s a public person. But then again I very much doubt that he exists as such.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 11:56:55 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 12:11:39 AM by Lethn

Just because he posted a paper doesn't give people the right to fucking stalk him to his own house and post up his address and license plate as many reporters have done to other people they've claimed to be Satoshi.
CoinBateman

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:01:27 AM

I think it's still too early to determine the impact that Bitcoin really and in turn whether he deserves a nobel prize. His contribution to mankind at this point is still very minimal, and that's not to say it won't be much more in the future.

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:33:02 AM

Satoshi for sure deserves the Nobel prize , honestly he made an impact but the problem that there are many people who still don't know about bitcoins
I don't know much about Nobel prize and who determines that a person should win it or not , but I think Satoshi deserves it
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:53:02 AM

The March 2014 story was the cover of the very first issue of the magazine’s relaunch in print, and it reported that the man behind the mysterious “Satoshi Nakamoto” pseudonym was Dorian Nakamoto, an unemployed computer engineer living with his mother in Temple City, Calif. Adweek called it a “bitcoin coup” for the magazine’s relaunch, and editor Jim Impoco boasted, “The [U.K.’s Sunday] Times had a 7,000-word story trying to find the inventor of Bitcoin and didn’t. The Telegraph tried to find the founder and got nothing. The New Yorker, Fast Company, they followed the trail, and the trail went cold. And we found him.”

in my opinion,based that article : the mysterious “Satoshi Nakamoto”
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: