Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:28:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help with your valued opinion please  (Read 632 times)
ikeee (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:00:26 PM

Hi, so short of it is I’m about to start buying Antminer s7s,  just trying to gauge what your thoughts on best time to sell them?, and what would the value be roughly in say 12 months? Compare to the current buy price. thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 04:29:02 PM

This really belongs in Speculation...

There are way too many factors to consider to even try to present an answer here.  We don't know what the network difficulty is going to do.  We don't know what effect the reward halving will have.  We don't know what kind of new hardware is going to be introduced.

Basically, your guess is as good as anyone else's Smiley.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
ikeee (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 04:52:27 PM

ok fair enough, I totally follow your logic just trying to gauge an opinion , I’m thinking around 50%, I intend to buy the newest miners as they come out and I’m not worried about the power costs so can keep older miners longer, but I wanted to move them on before they start to play up / break down
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:03:27 PM

Wouldn't you just be better of by spending that money buying bitcoin directly?

Mining is too high risk and you may never be able to resell it for a decent price in the end.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 05:13:33 PM

I use to know a guy in abroad wherein what he did regarding the buy and sell of his mining equipment's was, he bought the latest miner after the halving and sell them a month prior to reaching the halving again and that was a technique he though me so this way, he would have his ROI plus some good extra incomes from the miner and would have a good selling value of the miner overall so base on his actions I would recommend doing the same since he had an overall success in the mining world AFAIK

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mdgreasyjohn

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

cancer sucks

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:31:14 PM

Mining is too high risk and you may never be able to resell it for a decent price in the end.
i would agree . just buy them!
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 06:46:26 PM

ok fair enough, I totally follow your logic just trying to gauge an opinion , I’m thinking around 50%, I intend to buy the newest miners as they come out and I’m not worried about the power costs so can keep older miners longer, but I wanted to move them on before they start to play up / break down
Like I wrote - way too many factors involved to provide a good estimate.  They might be worth 50% a year from now, or they might be worth 5%, or they could be worth 85%.  As an example, I bought batch 1 S3s.  I paid 0.75BTC each - which translated to about $475 at the time.  They are currently selling for around $100 give or take.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:51:15 PM

Like I wrote - way too many factors involved to provide a good estimate.  They might be worth 50% a year from now, or they might be worth 5%, or they could be worth 85%.  As an example, I bought batch 1 S3s.  I paid 0.75BTC each - which translated to about $475 at the time.  They are currently selling for around $100 give or take.

The problem with the Batch 1 S3's where that they were sold in a price where bitcoin was worth 600 usd. So yes a lot of the loss is caused by the decline in price.

My batch 9 were bought at 0.45 BTC @ 450 USD. So much more of the value was not lost.
ikeee (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:46:11 PM

I done well in business in life and always enjoyed taking chances, what’s keeps me feeling alive, I truly believe bitcoins will be worth a lot of money so I’m in it for a long haul, I do buy direct when prices are low, but for me it why we played online gaming using DOS back in the day it’s a frill mining being a part of something, having an interest.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 08:50:42 PM

The problem with the Batch 1 S3's where that they were sold in a price where bitcoin was worth 600 usd. So yes a lot of the loss is caused by the decline in price.

My batch 9 were bought at 0.45 BTC @ 450 USD. So much more of the value was not lost.

It's hard to predict a price since we don't know the actual value of bitcoin in 12 months. Most probably it will go up, but we can't know that for sure.

ikeee (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:01:54 PM

I use to know a guy in abroad wherein what he did regarding the buy and sell of his mining equipment's was, he bought the latest miner after the halving and sell them a month prior to reaching the halving again and that was a technique he though me so this way, he would have his ROI plus some good extra incomes from the miner and would have a good selling value of the miner overall so base on his actions I would recommend doing the same since he had an overall success in the mining world AFAIK

My thoughts was the same idea as this, I will always buy the newest miners and want to move on what I have for a decent price, I seen a lot of the S3 that’s mentions here for sale on Ebay and prices  are anywhere from £100 to £175, so prices can vary for these things depending on demand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: