Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:32:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is gaining widespread positive attention and respect  (Read 2467 times)
enthus

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 02:24:14 AM

Yep. Or so it was just until recently; but now they're trying to wrap bitcoin in isis wrapping papper, and sell it as a anonymous payment option used by terrorists..
Can't wait to see how many fools will fall for it..
yes I was about to say this... I come to this thread to highlight this, that he was right until some negative FUD because of recent attacks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:09:11 PM

Yep. Or so it was just until recently; but now they're trying to wrap bitcoin in isis wrapping papper, and sell it as a anonymous payment option used by terrorists..
Can't wait to see how many fools will fall for it..
yes I was about to say this... I come to this thread to highlight this, that he was right until some negative FUD because of recent attacks.
I'm trying to think it over from technical point of view.
If someone say that BTC is anonymous, it can be true, because no one has it's name attached to his public key.
But if you want to use BTC system, you have to use some electronical device as BTC is not an offline currency like bank notes and coins. If you have to use an electronical device to install your wallet on it, the device has an uniqe address (MAC). If you use a phone, the carrier can search for that phone's MAC in the network so you can be found sooner or later. If you use a PC, it's even easier because it's not moving from it's position. So if someone thinks that BTC is ideal for the dark market, it's not.
Of course everything is possible, but before BTC has been invented, the dark side had already put together it's financial system, so they hardly need BTC to do the financial part for them.
But this is just my opinion, everything can be proven (and the opposite as well) if needed of course
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 10:12:35 PM

Maybe all this attention will allow us to beat the previous all time high, but I doubt it.

PakistanHockeyfan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:59:32 AM

Please be sure to give some links to this? Bitcoin is constantly being ridiculed so I don't really believe you. Not to say that I wouldn't want it to be praised, but just to say the delusional mindsets should stop. Be realistic. If you don't embrace that there's problems that need to be fixed, you can't fix them. Ever.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 04:45:10 AM

i got the impression that Bitcoin has gotten really under fire over that last nine days since the Paris attacks. i hope this will not damage Bitcoin for a long time.

Did I miss something? How are the Paris terrorists connected to bitcoin?

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 05:04:00 AM

i got the impression that Bitcoin has gotten really under fire over that last nine days since the Paris attacks. i hope this will not damage Bitcoin for a long time.

Did I miss something? How are the Paris terrorists connected to bitcoin?

Don't bother that user,if you see his previous comments ,he is sheer signature spammer and is kicked out of his current campaign.No way the terrorists are connected to bitcoins,its just a myth floating around for days.Even though they're there is no way it will stop the worldwide recognition of bitcoins.
Palinanv

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 11:23:53 AM

It always has, you know? We are fine where we are, but things could progress just a little bit more.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: