Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:41:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I import transactions, receiving and sending addresses in Bitcoin Core?  (Read 610 times)
overcoin (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:37:01 PM

I've changed my HDD and I have installed new Bitcoin Core instance. I have archive of wallet.dat, transactions, sending and receiving addresses exported from old one. Copying old wallet.dat is okay, but how do I import tx's, sending and receiving addresses that are archived in .csv files? I'm not sure why Bitcoin Core has 'export' option but missing 'import' one?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 09:38:38 PM

I've changed my HDD and I have installed new Bitcoin Core instance. I have archive of wallet.dat, transactions, sending and receiving addresses exported from old one. Copying old wallet.dat is okay, but how do I import tx's, sending and receiving addresses that are archived in .csv files? I'm not sure why Bitcoin Core has 'export' option but missing 'import' one?

Its all in the wallet.dat file. AFAIK there is no import function.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6641

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

All of the receiving addresses and transactions are saved in the wallet.dat file. I think that the sending addresses are also stored there as well. To import them all, just put the file in the data directory. It may be replacing a wallet.dat file already there, but if that one is empty, you can delete it. Then when you start up Bitcoin Core, everything should be just as it were prior to you upgrade.

overcoin (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 09:43:33 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 09:54:13 PM by overcoin

Its all in the wallet.dat file. AFAIK there is no import function.
All the details? Including labels of sending and receiving addresses?
---
You're right. Everything is in there. Thanks a lot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: