Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:14:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What action should I take on this account if the loan won't be paid back on time?
Sell it
Keep it and solve the issue

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] "Hacked account as collateral" keep or sell  (Read 1026 times)
Zeroxal (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 10:18:33 PM

I have an accusation thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256710.0
Another thread in meta here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1258103.0

To put everything into a nutshell of what happened instead of reading my previous thread:
I lent a user named "jadens" some bitcoin and he offered me his Sr. member account as collateral. The strange thing is that another person named "RKen" claims that the account was his and it was hacked - he PMed me the day after the loan has been funded. Which leads me to question how he found out that the account was in my hands and he couldn't give any explanation other than "that's my account and I know where it is".
He wants his account back but doesn't want to contact the admins after I wanted the staff members to check the IPs between jadens and RKen.
To come to a conclusion, I think the whole thing was a plotted scam, which I have never seen or experienced before.

Many asked for a signed message, which I unfortunately don't have... And please don't post any spam posts like:"Why didn't you ask for a signed message?" - that's exactly my problem right now and I know it.

The repayment date of the loan is November 24th

So my question is:
May I sell the account after the repayment date has been passed or should I hold the account until the whole thing gets settled, but by doing that I would have lost my btc and have a bct account that I cannot use.

What's the opinion of you guys?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 01:25:29 AM

I have an accusation thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1256710.0

To put everything into a nutshell of what happened instead of reading my previous thread:
I lent a user named "jadens" some bitcoin and he offered me his Sr. member account as collateral. The strange thing is that another person named "RKen" claims that the account was his and it was hacked - he PMed me the day after the loan has been funded. Which leads me to question how he found out that the account was in my hands and he couldn't give any explanation other than "that's my account and I know where it is".
He wants his account back but doesn't want to contact the admins after I wanted the staff members to check the IPs between jadens and RKen.
To come to a conclusion, I think the whole thing was a plotted scam, which I have never seen or experienced before.

Many asked for a signed message, which I unfortunately don't have... And please don't post any spam posts like:"Why didn't you ask for a signed message?" - that's exactly my problem right now and I know it.

So my question is:
May I sell the account after the repayment date has been passed or should I hold the account until the whole thing gets settled, but by doing that I would have lost my btc and have a bct account that I cannot use.

Unless Rken proves that his account was indeed hacked and that he and jadens are not the same person, you are justified in doing what you want with the account, including selling it. But I doubt if you would be able to sell the account at a reasonable price, if you don't have a signed message.
You would ethically need to make a full disclosure to the buyer.

Even if RKen does prove that he and jadens are not the same person, you are not totally at a loss. Ask him to stand behind the actions of his account and pay up.

think that marcotheminer should return the account now since it was probably hacked, but everyone should give yussuf89 negative feedback for being unable to stand behind his account's actions unless he pays 50-75% of the loan principle. (This is just my opinion -- I'm not going to try to enforce it.)
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:23:45 AM

If the loan isn't paid back after the 24th then I'd say do what you want with the account. However, it will be very difficult to get anything for the account if you don't have a signed message to prove ownership. Don't expect to get more than 0.04 BTC for a Senior account with no signed message, especially after all the drama going on with the account (someone saying it's his account - if he can provide a signed message from the account he'll get the account back, even if you've sold it to someone already).

What would I do? Nothing until the 25th. If the loan isn't paid back by then, I'd probably try listing it for sale, making it known that a signed message doesn't come with the account. You'll probably be taking a loss, but it's a learning experience I guess.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
█         ████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:36:06 AM

if you're not willing to give it back for free then just sell it back to the "real owner". it's partially his fault for not keeping his password safe.
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:54:52 AM

IMHO since you have mistake too for accepting account as collateral without proof of ownership you should accept the consequence and give back the account to the original owner
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 04:04:54 AM

If i'm in your shoes, I'm going to keep it but I will not sell it or use it, I would rather ask the owner or claimant to prove ownership and I'll open a thread for that account that you have it on your possesion until someone claimed and prove ownership.
RKen

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:01:42 AM

So my question is:

Hi Zeroxal, look your write in bold.

I think you've made your threads and posts it's not true.

You make me go round as if the person most guilty and do not want to be invited to work together to solve this problem.

I've been trying to explain, as clearly as possible to you, although I realize that writing and my English not so good, but I am trying to explain everything and give evidence to you. Starting from twitter, BTCJam, my BTC address in FortuneJack same as that I post on my account and also I made a logo, it's all I can prove it.

Please, you do not judge me like that, writing in a fair, do not make me was the guilty party because does not want to cooperate to resolve this issue.

Thank you
-KenR-
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:07:26 AM

So a hacker decided to go out on the internet and target a guy with English as a second language
holding a senior account to brute force his password and take his account ?
Then go out and take out a small loan ?
Unless it played out some other way.. what did the guy say as to how it got hacked in the first place ?
I find it odd a low count user with no real history or reputation was targeted.
Possible what he says is all true ? for sure !
But i don't buy it.. i think he's scamming.
And if he gets away with it expect more of this "I got hacked crap"

I think theymos maybe had a point in that quote posted.

i voted SELL

People shouldn't be getting their accounts hacked in this day and age.
I posted in off-topic on some person question topic what i use for passwords.
Keep your stuff secure !
I use a 24 char random block of garbage char's for my account here LOL

Way i see it the user who lent money was put in a tough position.
He tried to lend someone a hand with a loan.
So if i have to pick only 1 person to suffer the loss i would say the loser should be the guy who had his account hacked.

But it's a tough call here LOL

- One guy didn't request a signed message.
- One guy is responsible for his account being lost

Who to side with ?

I don't think you should let this slide because it would set a bad precedent.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 12:56:36 PM

Hi Zeroxal, look your write in bold.

I think you've made your threads and posts it's not true.

You make me go round as if the person most guilty and do not want to be invited to work together to solve this problem.

I've been trying to explain, as clearly as possible to you, although I realize that writing and my English not so good, but I am trying to explain everything and give evidence to you. Starting from twitter, BTCJam, my BTC address in FortuneJack same as that I post on my account and also I made a logo, it's all I can prove it.

Please, you do not judge me like that, writing in a fair, do not make me was the guilty party because does not want to cooperate to resolve this issue.

Thank you
-KenR-
Once again, we don't need evidence that you are the owner of the account. We ended evidence that you and jadens are not the same person.
Zeroxal (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Will sell the account tomorrow when I don't receive the funds today Smiley
RKen

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 06:13:32 AM

Will sell the account tomorrow when I don't receive the funds today Smiley

Whether the thief is already paying and retrieve the account?

-KenR-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: