Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:16:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to start Mining  (Read 1415 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:46:35 AM

there are a bunch of antminers on ebay that are sold with an included power supply you cna buy one of those

otherwise i would go with corsair mostly(fully modular), and maybe cooler master

My experience with cooler master is not really good. But that is related to the merchant i bought it at.

Corsair however are the best i experienced. Very reliable and they honor their warrant. I sent 3 back and they sent me 3 new ones.

yeah usually after corsair it is recommended to buy seasonic, which are even better, they ar enot manufactered by flextronic, like corsair
If your running a large scale farm buying multiple Corsair PSU's will only add more time to your ROI so I prefer the BITMAIN ones.

if they are included why not, i was thinking that you need to by them separately

but keep in mind that corsair psu have a great resell value

I tend to keep all my PSU's.  I ROI on them then keep then after a sell a miner some day.   Then when I get a new miner or miners hopefully I don't have to even buy a new PSU.

Only thing that messed this up is bitmains new 10 PCIE shift on gear makes it much more specialized on what options are.

also corsair have 7 year warranty, so keeping them after you finish mining is a good strategy

instead those psu that come with the asic have no warranty at all like the asic itself, at least if something is screwed in my setup i want my ass, half covered...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:44:06 AM

What mining power do you actually need to profit from mining coins with a lot of difficulty like bitcoin or litecoin?

I suggest starting with Bitcoin.  It just is a little simpler then altcoin in my eyes, and value is more stable with BTC.  So start here.

On ROI it's not as much about how much power you have in mining power, but more the cost of your power.  You need to make a profit to make ROI.  What is your electricity (with taxes and all) divided down?

I am personally not interested in starting mining, It was simple curiosity. I know it's way harder to profit mining alone nowdays, specially with bitcoins since the difficulty is very high. Let's say I have 1000 khash, I think that's correct, my electricty bill for 2 months is around 120 euros.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:05:40 AM

the only MINERS I would get now....for fun....ROI is a smile..but you won't get took on $$$ vs difficulty and what you will get back on your BTC or LTC investment in equipment.

Again the options on the link below WILL NOT ROI but fun toys. I've also included running a bitcoin node....they pay zip...but if you want to feel your contributing to the BTC network ...build or buy a bitcoin node. You like litecoin? You could do a LTC node or you could do both or just one or the other.

Myself..just something to keep the 'darkness' away when I have to shut down my KNC Titan Scrypt miners someday

(my setup lostgonzo.imgur.com

anyway link to another post on a MoonLander 1mh LTC/Script usb miner ($32 plus $6 shipping USA) and a Sidehack 8gh (you can over clock) usb miner ($25 bucks with $5 bucks shipping up to 3 usbs)

The Sidehack 8gh usb miner project is legit (I have 2 and one coming). The MoonLander 1mh scrypt usb miner is also legit. He is not doing a pre-order but is asking 2 LTC per stick to hold a place for his order run)

anyway link to post on this here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7216.msg13063898#msg13063898

anyway ...you won't ROI but you won't get burnt on a high priced toy either. Again the ROI on these Units is a SMILE Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: