Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:42:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which one you guys recommend?
Sell free PDF to public and ask money from advertisers? - 2 (50%)
Sell for a small fee to the public and don't ask money from advertisers - 2 (50%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need your opinions regarding a future project of mine  (Read 1061 times)
SFR10 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 3457

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 05:59:00 AM

Recently I made a PDF for a client and I liked the result even though it was tiring to make one so I was wondering if would it be a nice idea to make a PDF that is composed of the happenings on this forum plus some important Bitcoin related stuff on a monthly basis? And also I wanted to know if it would be better to make it free to the public and ask money from the people that they want to include and ad in the PDF or rather ask the people a small amount in return for the monthly PDF? Which one is suited best and have a better chance of exposure?

Some features:

- Fun side of the forum like make a part regarding scammer of the month, troll of the month or some funny quotes that have been posted as reply to the posts perhaps
- Buy and sell page
- Updates and news regarding BTCitcoin businesses
- and many more features that are related to BTCitcoin in general

So basically it would be a online magazine on a monthly basis, would it be good?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HardForkComing

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:02:46 AM

Not sure if people would buy it to be honest.

You could simply make a site and post that stuff there, and make money from ad revenue.

Simply, transfer your idea to a website, instead of having it on PDFs.

Good thing about this is that you can attract people from the entire crypto scene, no matter what niche they looking for.

(I don't see why would you have ads, if you don't charge advertisers?)
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 06:58:02 AM

I cannot see many paying for a pdf document on a monthly basis unless its really of a very good quality but even then the numbers will be very low.

I also think you will have a better chance at success if you convert your idea into a website and then to get some advertisers to advertise on the site. You can maybe even include a faucet on the website in order to attract some traffic.

There is just so much more you can do with a website and it will be easier to create an income from that than it would be to get it from a monthly pdf document/magazine.
SFR10 (OP)
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 10:10:12 AM

~snipped~
Thank you for the feedback, I've tried in my past project to earn using ads on my website in which I posted many stuff but unfortunately the earnings are way below expectations and I had to change my project as It didn't turn out to be a success as I first thought and regarding why I said why I include ads and not charge advertisers, what I meant was that voluntarily I add those ads and that's why I wouldn't charge any fee and perhaps once it would be popular then that's the time I would be charging any ads that they would be wanting to advertise

~Snipped~
Thank you for the feedback, Perhaps I could make a free one for couple of months and then start to charge once they evaluated the quality of the contents.... Most my past subjects was trying to earn from ads on my websites but overall it was more losses than gain on that matter specially if faucet involves, it's really hard that's why I wanted to try, maybe I will do on trial basis for few months and to see how will the outcome be and then decide then what my next step would be

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:46:29 PM

So basically your PDF is like bitcoin magazine which have collected a bitcoin news, humor, gossip, scam, drama, ect? well I think it will be great idea, but for earn profit from this, everyone won't spend their money just buy a drama which have found on reddit or this forum, my opinion is put it free, make a site for this, use pay per download service, make it PDF.
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:56:02 PM

I cannot see many paying for a pdf document on a monthly basis unless its really of a very good quality but even then the numbers will be very low.

I also think you will have a better chance at success if you convert your idea into a website and then to get some advertisers to advertise on the site. You can maybe even include a faucet on the website in order to attract some traffic.

There is just so much more you can do with a website and it will be easier to create an income from that than it would be to get it from a monthly pdf document/magazine.

I can't see people paying at all. If your pdf only consists of news, what makes your news better then the mainstream news sources?

Do you provide inside information from reliable sources?
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:06:00 PM

If your produce a summery of this forum in PDF format, one one here would buy it. If you produce a monthly magazine about bitcoin for financial executives, they will pay money for it if it is good. Can you produce a quality magazine that offers better insights than popular bitcoin news sites?
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:54:48 PM

So a sort of gossip fanzine type thing, I think it's a cool idea but I don't think you would get many paid subscribers but donations maybe as people do give donations for quality work.  

I agree that a website will give you more flexibility inwhat you can do but the pdf is a cool idea as you can still create links within the pdf to take us through to the sources you reference.  Good luck with this.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:06:54 AM

Personally, I think its a great idea. I wish this was around during the old days of Bitcoin when there were so many different characters ,but I think a sort of gossip type pdf would be pretty killer.  Grin Let me know if you need any help!
HardForkComing

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:05:09 AM

Why do not you simply do this in a forum thread?, I have seen similar stuff in other forums/sites in the form of a thread/post and it gets a lot of attention. Once you get enough traffic, you can insert some adds inside your post and charge for it, you may also ask for tips.

The main drawback I see in doing this in a pdf is downloading, it takes time and you will always be afraid of it having virus; most people would prefer reading directly from the web.
That's a good idea too, but it would be much better if he had a website, he would be able to convert all that traffic to ad revenue.
He could also post half of the article here (and have ads) and point to his website, where he'd be getting full ad revenue Smiley

I'm just a marketer.
SFR10 (OP)
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 07:21:11 AM

~Snipped~
Yes that's exactly what it is and thanks for the support ... I liked what you said but I have a tiny problem with pay per download services in which I can only earn through BTCitcoin (which AFAIK there's no PPD service that pays in BTC) and Iranian rial (which if I use this one, everything would be in persian and people don't get how to download it) ... Paypal and pretty much every other methods of payments are blocked to iranian users due to sanctions except for BTC and web money.

~Snipped~
The only difference would be that I will try to remove some of the serious or rather boring side and turn it to a fun side, just like every other online magazine out there... I don't have any reliable sources, just a normal guy with normal sources.

~Snipped~
Yes, some sort of summary of the forum with some fun added in PDF format... I can't say for myself if it would be of good quality (only the public could say once it's open for download) and also I'm not to compete with popular bitcoin news sites, I'm just trying to make everything a fun ride.

~Snipped~
Thanks, yes your correct, probably my best bet would be doing as you said.

~Snipped~
Thank you, means a lot coming from you Smiley

~Snipped~
That's what I was thinking too, probably start it from a thread here and try to do everything here... I will most likely upload the file in my google drive so when users click the link, they don't have to download it in order to see, they could just see everything there without the need of download, in case they worry of viruses.

~Snipped~
Nice suggestion as well there, I would certainly put that into consideration.

Thank you everyone for great opinions regarding the matter, I will be making some plans before going with any final plan so more or less, I would be starting from the new year and hope everything goes as plan Smiley
I will be locking the thread now as I have now the general opinion of everyone on this case, thanks again.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████