Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:11:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When will Bitcoin become obsolete?
Within 3 years - 13 (28.9%)
Within 5 years - 2 (4.4%)
Within 10 years - 3 (6.7%)
Within 15 years - 27 (60%)
Total Voters: 45

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Bitcoin become obsolete?  (Read 9065 times)
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 03:01:13 PM

I will like to see a bitcoin at the price of 5000 dollars that would be a nice price to be stable at.
Is not that high that people spec but is something big for a currency this new.

And I think it will just take a long time to be obsolete.
Zacudis

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:59:25 PM

I think it wil take over 10 years for this to actually happen
I don't think banks have figured out away yet where a crypto currency could benefit them

I think bitcoin will not be obsolete. The banks will adopt bitcoin in the future if they can make money out of it.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:11:28 PM

I think we'll know the answer to that real soon. If bitcoin's developers don't make some moves to show it can evolve then it'll be bypassed. If it can move with the times then it's not going anywhere for the rest of our lives.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:33:11 PM

In my opinion it will not become obsolete, because its open and can be changed if its necessary. Governs can create this own cryptocoins these coins will be controlled by them and every country would have its.  Bitcoin don't depends on governs, and this is why some users like it.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:32:40 PM

It will become obsolute eventually but not the coming years.
For sure it will take 50/60 years for something new to enter the market and outcompete bitcoin.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:40:24 PM

It will not be obsolete within the options you provided for the poll. Why? Because there will be apps which make Bitcoin using much more easier than it is yet. This will increase the acceptance also from non-techie people.
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:43:03 PM

Oh! My mistake!.. I accidentally hit 3 years. Smiley

I think bitcoin will be a new "gold" and every cryptocurrency will adjust their value according to bitcoin's value.  
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:49:09 PM

However, where is the 'never' option  ;D ?
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 05:52:37 PM

Within 3 month.
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:54:54 PM

where is the never option? to be honest bitcoins future is brighter then fiat money.
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:28:00 PM

That's like guessing when will the next big asteroid hit earth. There's only one thing that can make Bitcoin obsolete. Us. If we stop believing in the whole idea that Satoshi wanted to offer us, then bitcoin will become obsolete.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:35:24 PM

It is not a question of years but rather If Banks decide they want to make Bitcoin obsolete they will!
Zacudis

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:07:10 PM

It is not a question of years but rather If Banks decide they want to make Bitcoin obsolete they will!

If the banks can get profits out of bitcoin, they will also adopt bitcoin and lobby for its adoption. Profits speaks loud.

_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 07:48:56 PM

When something better comes along that can't be incorporated into bitcoin.

Bitcoin is Borg it assimilates.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:34:26 PM

Maybe in 25 years but not sooner.
First we need to have all the bitcoins being mined.

Then mass adoption.

Then we bitcoin 2.0 protocol.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:30:53 AM

If the banks can get profits out of bitcoin, they will also adopt bitcoin and lobby for its adoption. Profits speaks loud.
We've been seeing a lot of banks start to invest in Bitcoin startups, from the VC bank investing in Coinbase(?) to some other banks having invested in other smaller online wallets.

Its not a guess anymore if banks are investing in Bitcoin businesses, its now a question of how much.
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:33:12 AM

Regular people are refused to use Bitcoin or doesn't understand why it's important except for criminals and speculators.
Transaction times are too slow... The list goes on. Everybody I know already know what Bitcoin is but they are not
interested.
So it's a matter of time when central bank(s), government(s) or bank(s) create their own crypto currencies and block chain
based services more advanced than Bitcoin. Same happened with the internet: In the beginning it was free stuff and
small open source projects, now it's completely dominated by few huge companies who collect all the revenues (Google,
Facebook, etc)

So when this will happen to block chain and Bitcoin will become obsolete?

(Please no delusional believers "Bitcoin will replace fiat" type of nonsense comments)

That's like asking when will the Internet become obsolete.
BellaBitBit

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:40:36 AM

I don't think bitcoin will ever become obsolete. Seems impossible, the reasons why people are holding off on using bitcoin, even the ones that know about it,
is because of what the media feeds them. A lot of people think that the news that they watch or hear is accurate.

exactly.  The media is a big factor on how people perceive and then proceed with a decision. The price is healthy right now and has remained that way for several months through some not so good press.  Bitcoin is holding its own but more mainstream press will certainly make people trust it more and perhaps buy in.  It will not become obsolete anytime soon - it is just getting started.

I love Bitcoin
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 07:19:58 PM

As for my opinion, I think I’d put my money on the last option.

That is, the national financial authorities eventually adapting the Bitcoin idea and implementing it for their own currencies. I think this will in time be the most likely turn out in the long run.

But I think it’s unlikely to happen for perhaps a good few decades or more yet. At present, we still use the old system of banknotes, coins and plastic cards. Governments are notoriously conservative and cautious when it comes to new ways of doing things. So it will take time for these new concepts to gain full acceptance.
Zacudis

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 10:01:51 PM

Oh! My mistake!.. I accidentally hit 3 years. Smiley

I think bitcoin will be a new "gold" and every cryptocurrency will adjust their value according to bitcoin's value.  

Bitcoin is already "gold" in the cryptocurrency world. All the altcoins are priced against Bitcoin in exchanges.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: