Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:39:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-11-22]BI:Circle, Bitreserve and BitPay are turning their backs on bitcoin  (Read 1032 times)
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 12:34:36 PM

@Carlton Banks  I am speechless. You are obviously a lot more intelligent than I originally thought, your understanding runs deep and you clearly know what you're talking about. I apologize if I offended you in any way, it was not my intention.
On that note I will respectfully remove myself from this discussion. 
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 01:06:53 PM

@Carlton Banks  I am speechless. You are obviously a lot more intelligent than I originally thought, your understanding runs deep and you clearly know what you're talking about. I apologize if I offended you in any way, it was not my intention.
On that note I will respectfully remove myself from this discussion. 

Really? I am a little wary of unlikely sounding apologies, but you do seem sincere.

I wasn't offended by what you said, although I was of course being pugnacious. I certainly didn't intend to offend you, but I am all too happy to denigrate that particular argument, regardless of who makes it.

The point is that I see the issue of where and how rules/laws apply to modern societies to be a contentious one, whereas you presented the prevailing model as a fait accomplis. I would be happy to debate the merits of top-down prescribed order v.s. bottom-up emergent order, but we're going way off-topic here.

Vires in numeris
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 01:16:54 PM

When Circle first appeared, I did some research.

The same bastards that started Circle were in the lucrative business of school loans, and providing credit to students so they could dig a nice deep hole and get charged interest on top. Not exactly highway robbery, but still dodgy enough that I didn't even bother trying to open an account with them.

The fact that these people are "pivoting towards the money" isn't surprising, they are geared to do so, its the traditional way a company gets steered by profits instead of vision.

They'll lament the fact later, but if they want to commit financial suicide by snuggling up to the existing flawed system, more power to them. They'll be fine examples for those who will come after to pick their bones clean.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Batelk

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:04:19 PM

Wait till bitcoin becomes more successful and when they decide to come back to bitcoin, we will refuse to use Circle because of what he said today. I will rejoice on the day they finally fold.

There will be more companies interested in bitcoin and serve the industry. I do not care about the three companies.

ZenCash Conducting Private Transactions Worldwide Completely
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  Forum -------- Twitter
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 11:38:25 PM

Wait till bitcoin becomes more successful and when they decide to come back to bitcoin, we will refuse to use Circle because of what he said today. I will rejoice on the day they finally fold.

There will be more companies interested in bitcoin and serve the industry. I do not care about the three companies.

Thanks for your input, but try not to dig up the old topics in 'press' board. It pushes the fresh news down.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀