Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:00:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will be the impact of Open Bazaar on BTC price?  (Read 1601 times)
thms (OP)

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:43:20 PM

Do you think Open Bazaar could make the BTC price rise significantly?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vendetahome

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:50:46 PM

can i get any more information about it as i hear about it for the first time? also if it will be something like an auction it will surely increase the price
thms (OP)

Activity: 427

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:54:09 PM

can i get any more information about it as i hear about it for the first time? also if it will be something like an auction it will surely increase the price

sure, here it is:

https://blog.openbazaar.org/what-is-openbazaar/

it's schedule to launch in December.
dloghwak

Activity: 290

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 06:54:33 PM

If you mean just the launch than no BTC doesn't gives a fuck.
Remember Gemini? So much talk before the launch how it would have huge volume, how the 'big guys' would enter the stage - 147 BTC 24h vol currently.
If you mean that Open Bazaar could effect BTC in the long run, than I have to admit it's possible but unlikely.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:13:36 PM

Maybe that people will get excited and that we will see a small price increase due to that. Beside that, I can't see it have a reasonable impact on the short term price.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:56:43 PM

Remember Gemini? So much talk before the launch how it would have huge volume, how the 'big guys' would enter the stage - 147 BTC 24h vol currently.
If you mean that Open Bazaar could effect BTC in the long run, than I have to admit it's possible but unlikely.

what gemini has to do with open bazar, one is a simply exchange the other is a decentralized ebay, it could drive up the demand because finally many have the ability to buy a wide range of stuff with bitcoin

i only hope it will not be used by the same users that have already embraced bitcoin
quadriple7

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 07:59:41 PM

i think there will be no serious impact
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 08:01:01 PM

I don't think it will send us 50% up, but I think that it will be very important for our growth and success! Every single positive piece that we add to this Bitcoin puzzle is important and it will count in the end. This is exactly what we need to make this thing a success!

Gemini as well! I couldn't believe what some people were saying about the Gemini and what they are still talking about today! And we should be the happiest people alive that we have gotten another legit exchange!
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 08:04:42 PM

Unfortunately the impact that could have is going to be in the long run and not an instant one mainly due to the demand staying still within the BTCitcoin community and not coming from other communities unless they do some serious advertisings on most popular websites then the chances could rise accordingly only if new users try to use it, therefore this creates new demands from the circle other than it is now and as result, a price rise for BTCitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:01:42 PM

I don't think if will have an effect on launch or even in the first few months.  If it gets serious traffic and a good reputation and some decent marketing in time it could have an effect, wouldn't it be something if it was up there rivalling ebay.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:38:00 PM

Not likely to have much of an impact on btc price if at all. But I think they will still be successful in the long run with some aggressive marketing. Maybe run some Super Bowl Ads - not in this year's ones, but maybe in the next few.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:51:13 PM

I don't think that open bazaar affect bitcoin price. When it will start will need some months to grow its users, impact to other ecomerce sites will be very small on its start.
dloghwak

Activity: 290

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:51:13 AM

what gemini has to do with open bazar, one is a simply exchange the other is a decentralized ebay, it could drive up the demand because finally many have the ability to buy a wide range of stuff with bitcoin

i only hope it will not be used by the same users that have already embraced bitcoin
They are both long awaited Bitcoin services with a lot of hope of BTC price increase at launch.
What about purse.io? You can already buy almost everything with your Bitcoin.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:55:08 AM

Open Bazaar might draw in a lot of bitcoin use from people that use ebay and the likes now.

If that happens, the price can potentially be moving in the positive direction.
rockie2000

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Waves address 3PP4npcijfECsxrf4Ms4rSxPuZq1kamGn7H

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:17:34 AM

This is an interesting idea, I'm looking forward to seeing Open Bazaar goes live and try it Smiley

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
HardForkComing

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:18:39 AM

I believe there's going to be more adoption, from people looking to buy offered goods on Bazar.
Which could lead to bigger demand, for sure. Does that guarantee price increase?

Ask the MM Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:23:52 AM

They are both long awaited Bitcoin services with a lot of hope of BTC price increase at launch.
What about purse.io? You can already buy almost everything with your Bitcoin.

purse.io seems slow to me, and you can't buy anything on amazon, the good thing is the discount thing, and i hope there will be something alike in open bazar
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:19:20 AM

Open Bazaar is a great stuff, but it will need time to take off. Open bazaar is just a new service, if it can get a high adoption rate then it might will have an indirect effect on the price but that almost surely not going to happen very soon after the launch.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 12:52:35 PM

Only if it becomes fairly big. News about OpenBazaar launch could move the price not more than 20%.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:52:04 PM

It might have some effect on the btc price but not right after it opens up.

I believe it will take a while before this takes off.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: