Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:25:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intrusive flashbacks, opening up innocent people to hostility and abuse  (Read 500 times)
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:21:07 PM

EucaMobi opened me up to abuse today. I was actually trying to be honest in my thread but I guess I was too honest. He left negetive feedback on a trade request. People with negative trust are abused frequently on this forum. I have PTSD from being told to commit suicide over a simple mistake at a rally. I got punched in the face.

I liken EucaMobi's distrusting me to executing an innocent person. The harm has already been done. If you look at my trust record people will doubt me. I am more concerned about innocent people being wrongfully distrusted and the hostility they will endure. I have Autism, and when stuff like this happens, I ends up attacking myself, giving myself black eyes and end up feeling like complete shit.

There should be more descression in leaving negetive trust. It has the potential to bring back painful, life threatening memories. It may be the internet, but some people suffer serious mental illnesses.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:31:44 PM

You were asking to buy trust. Don't ask to buy trust, that is a good way to get negative trust. It doesn't matter how trustworthy you think you are, it doesn't matter how honest you claim you are, you need to demonstrate it. How do we know that what you are saying is the truth? How do we know that you are being honest? You could be lying. No one will take your word for it because you could be lying. If you want trust, you need to earn it. Don't actively seek trust, just do stuff, most importantly, you need to trade. If you are trustworthy person, then the trust will come naturally. But if you actively seek to get it, then you won't get positive trust at all.

BTW, he changed the trust to neutral, so no one will really see it.
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:36:22 PM

I felt really compelled to prove myself. I am sorry for what I did and won't do it again.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 09:47:04 PM

People with negative trust are abused frequently on this forum. I have PTSD from being told to commit suicide over a simple mistake at a rally. I got punched in the face.

While this is terrible if true, I liken your first sentence followed by your second sentence to the students at Yale who are protesting the Yale administrators for not "creating a safe space" for them, believing that only they have right, etc. People have a right to leave you negative trust, I wouldn't say that if you have negative trust you are exactly "abused", just that people won't trade with you. It's nothing like what you're making it out to be, as if people should stop leaving negative trust.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 09:52:41 PM

People with negative trust are abused frequently on this forum. I have PTSD from being told to commit suicide over a simple mistake at a rally. I got punched in the face.

While this is terrible if true, I liken your first sentence followed by your second sentence to the students at Yale who are protesting the Yale administrators for not "creating a safe space" for them, believing that only they have right, etc. People have a right to leave you negative trust, I wouldn't say that if you have negative trust you are exactly "abused", just that people won't trade with you. It's nothing like what you're making it out to be, as if people should stop leaving negative trust.
You do make a valid point. I never really had a good grip with handling internet criticism well (part of my condition). People do have the right to leave feedback and again the whole ordeal really triggered me. If anything else, I had a strong negetive reaction, and I guess I am just posting this as a form of venting. I want to apologize. I am sorry for the miscommunication.

EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 11:08:59 PM

You do make a valid point. I never really had a good grip with handling internet criticism well (part of my condition). People do have the right to leave feedback and again the whole ordeal really triggered me. If anything else, I had a strong negetive reaction, and I guess I am just posting this as a form of venting. I want to apologize. I am sorry for the miscommunication.

Indeed you're overreacting. Leaving a neutral (not negative) feedback because you were trying to buy trust is not an abuse and of course I don't mean to remind you of anything that happened to you in the past (which I don't know whether is true).

You apologize here for the miscommunication and your reaction however you still blame me for things completely unrelated to leaving neutral trust on more than one thread,  via PM, on my profile. Try to take things as they are, nobody is attacking or abusing you, and you shouldn't make false accusations either.

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 11:40:00 PM

I feel like people here overreact extremely hard over trust ratings. I get your point but people with mental illness conditions are always going to overreact about anything, you can't ask people not to give trust ratings because they might have a mental illness and they could hurt themselves or something along those lines.
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:14:56 AM

He only left you a neutral rating, not a negative rating. So that doesn't affect how your profile shows up in posts and such, it's only visible if a user navigates directly to your trust page. If things like a neutral rating on your profile is causing you to harm yourself, you should probably think about leaving this website.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████