Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:40:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I set an add. on electrum to expire in a day bt it's gng to take 48 hrs to prcss  (Read 926 times)
jblack3000 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:14:04 AM

Can somebody help me please? I bought some BTC and went to send it to my electrum wallet. I set the address to expire in one day because it usually happens instantly, but for some reason it's going to take the transaction 48 hours to process. I don't want to lose my BTC. I changed it to expire in a week but that was after I saved it. I don't know if it's going to expire too soon or not. Can somebody help me?
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jblack3000 (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:39:13 AM

The address is still set to expire in a day. When I tried to change it to a week it didn't work. Does this mean that my BTC will not go to my wallet? I'm trying to search for answers right now. Just not finding anything.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:52:42 AM

You might ask in the electrum forum, but that said, at least export the private keys so you'll have a backup.
jblack3000 (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:03:16 AM

I don't see an thread dedicated to electrum. Also, I don't see where to find the private key for the address. Do you think that it will post the transaction to my wallet even after the request has expired?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 01:22:05 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2015, 02:22:17 AM by DannyHamilton

I don't see an thread dedicated to electrum.

There's an entire sub-forum dedicated to Electrum:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0

At the bottom of this thread is a link that says "move topic".

Click that link and move this thread to the Electrum sub-forum. You'll find it under "Alternative Clients" which you'll find under "Development & Technical Discussion".

You'll be much more likely to get useful help there.

Edit:  I see that someone has now moved this to the proper sub-forum.

Note: I doubt that expiration means what you seem to think it means.  Addresses don't just cease to exist. I highly doubt that Electrum was designed to create a random private key that isn't connected to the wallet seed, and then destroy that private key after an expiration time.  If it did, then you wouldn't be able to send bitcoins after the expiration even if they were sent to you before.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 01:57:39 AM

Bitcoin addresses don't expire. What expires is the payment request. There is a thing called a Payment Request, specified in BIP70. The request itself can expire, but the address cannot. That address can still receive Bitcoin and you will still be able to spend them. The expiration time does not matter unless you sent them the BIP70 payment request. In order to have sent someone that request, you would have had to save the request file and manually send it to them, so unless you did that, the expiration time does not matter.

cleverest

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:49:02 PM

Bitcoin addresses don't expire. What expires is the payment request. There is a thing called a Payment Request, specified in BIP70. The request itself can expire, but the address cannot. That address can still receive Bitcoin and you will still be able to spend them. The expiration time does not matter unless you sent them the BIP70 payment request. In order to have sent someone that request, you would have had to save the request file and manually send it to them, so unless you did that, the expiration time does not matter.

Thank you for this answer! I created a second wallet in my electrum wallet to use with a different miner, never expired...and noticed that my personal miner file somehow change to 1 day expiration...and I could not change it back to NEVER...was freaking me out, LOL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: