Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bet to sport bet odd with bug  (Read 1009 times)
bettingbug (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:21:49 AM

hi to all, i'm the old user of bitcointalk (but have open this account only for this).
i have found a bug to one bitcoin betting sport site. To only one particular event, if you bet and win, you can withdraw, but if you lose, the site automatically refund your bet, see the bet lose like win with odd 1.
I hahe contact the owner of site and i have explication the question and his offer me 0,1 btc for revelate a bug. For me, is a little amount, because the bug is very big (is only 1 bet to one team and for particular event and for particular type of bet) and the site only lose to this bet.

i have bet 4 time to this event, 2 time i have win and 2 time i have lose 2 time (and i have 2 refund).

i have one idea for monetize more, please reply me if you like.

i search 10-20 people who like bet a minimum of 0,5 btc ( the bet work only with 0,5 multipler, example 0,5-1 ecc, no to 0,51- 0.6), if the bet is win, pay me (with escrow) a % to win ( from 10 to 20 %, depend of how many btc you have bet).

I'm aware this is strange , for this i have think this (but i accept new suggestion):

i found a trusted escrow to the site, people concact escrow , write how many bitcoin like bet , and send to escrow my % ( the odd is every time 1.7 to 2). The % depend of how many bitcoin you like bet, more btc bet, and less is the %).
Example, the odd is 2, you like bet 0,5 bitcoin, you win 1 (0,1+0,1), my % is 20% to 0,1 win. You bet 1 bitcoin, win 2 bitcoin , my % is 10% to 1 bitcoin win.

Escrow know the odd and write you how many bitcoin send.

If  bet is win, you withdraw the amount and later escrow send me the bitcoin.
If bet is lose, site refund your bet, you can withdraw amoun and escrow resend to you the amount and wait for the next bet.

If you have any suggestion for a better realize of my idea, i'm happy to read, you can already contact me in email

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:25:25 AM

What was the betting site? anyways this smells pretty fishy to me. It seems that you want to draw people to scam...
bettingbug (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:32:43 AM

i don't say if is a good idea write the name of betting site, because the owner can allertadet and sadd more controll.
I can write is one of Nitrogensport and Cloudbet  Grin
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1566

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 11:33:53 AM

Sounds like a poor scam attempt.

If it only works for 1 specific sport event, how did you manage to bet 4 times and how are the others expected to bet on something that already happened?

You've made the site owner aware of the bug and he didn't do nothing about that?

If anyone want to participate in this - use trusted escrow, not some random, bought account chosen by the OP.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:40:36 AM

Please disclose the name of the website. I have almost done and still do sports betting on all bitcoin accepting websites .Never have I came across this type of loophole .Sounds like you're trying to scam otherwise you'd take a risk of posting this through your original account had it been legir.
bettingbug (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:42:29 AM

Sounds like a poor scam attempt.

If it only works for 1 specific sport event, how did you manage to bet 4 times and how are the others expected to bet on something that already happened?

You've made the site owner aware of the bug and he didn't do nothing about that?

If anyone want to participate in this - use trusted escrow, not some random, bought account chosen by the OP.

no, work with 1 particular team in one particular event (example, Barcellona but only in champions league match)

i use only trusted escrow, user choose a escrow, not i
pokerowned
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1051

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 11:59:50 AM

im pretty sure if you contacted their support then theyre already trying to figure out the issue. Anyone who makes a bet and loses faces the possibility of losing huge money if they try your advice here if the bug is fixed
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 12:01:23 PM

OK. Re-read your post and you don't make any sense.

How would escrow work in this case anyway? You need to place a bet in order to win, do you expect escrow to place bets on behalf of others?

But most of all, you could point any event and say it's bugged. If someone happens to win, he pays you %. But what if he loses and gets no refund? Are you gonna refund yourself? If so, you'd need to deposit loads of BTC with trusted escrow, then again, if you had such funds available, you could just bet yourself.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
bettingbug (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:16:50 PM

the escrow work is for not have people bet and later win don't send me a btc, send my % to escrow first.

the bug not is resolved because i have at now the money in my sport betting account. The last bet is lose, if the owner see a bug and resolved, delete my last bet lose (and payed with odd 1) and block my account.

I repeat, i accept suggestion
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 12:31:04 PM

the escrow work is for not have people bet and later win don't send me a btc, send my % to escrow first.

I get that. But you can just point at any event, as there's zero risk for you. What's the protection for others if there's no bug at all? What happens if they lose and get no refund? Are you willing to escrow your own funds to pay them back?

the bug not is resolved because i have at now the money in my sport betting account. The last bet is lose, if the owner see a bug and resolved, delete my last bet lose (and payed with odd 1) and block my account.

Not quite sure what you mean here. You assume the bug hasn't been fixed just because operator let you keep the 1x payout and didn't block your account?

My suggestion - nobody with half a brain would use your offer. If you truly believe the bug is active, raise as much funds as you possibly can, bet half on win and half on lose (or split to 3 if there's possibility of tie/draw) and enjoy your profit.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 02:59:50 PM

I smell a scam here. Let say that is true and now I guess they are fixing it and being maintenance so no one can't even make a bet there. So I guess you are making pointless thing here. And what I want to ask more why it should me 0.5? That doesnt make any sense. No one will even believe this kind of trick Grin
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 03:21:49 PM

You know that what you are doing here is illegal?
The best thing to do here is to contact the site admin again and just tell him the bug. Maybe you can ask more than 0.1btc for that.
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 04:37:49 PM

The best thing to do here is to contact the site admin again and just tell him the bug. Maybe you can ask more than 0.1btc for that.

The OP is likely trying to pull a cheap scam.

But, assuming there actually was a bug and he's telling the truth, why would that be illegal? If he reported the bug, but the site operator choose to ignore it and do nothing about it - then I'd say he has every legal and moral right to exploit it.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
Dannie
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:02:21 PM

I hahe contact the owner of site and i have explication the question and his offer me 0,1 btc for revelate a bug. For me, is a little amount, because the bug is very big (is only 1 bet to one team and for particular event and for particular type of bet) and the site only lose to this bet.

i have bet 4 time to this event, 2 time i have win and 2 time i have lose 2 time (and i have 2 refund).

I don't really understand this part. You have contacted the owner, explained the problem to him, received an offer of 0.1 btc. And now you expect the owner to simply ignore the bug report and do nothing to fix this crucial bug?
Also, if you want to take advantage of the bug, why don't you just continue what you are doing secretly but sell the info for some % of profit?

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 10:12:58 PM

I don't really understand this part. You have contacted the owner, explained the problem to him, received an offer of 0.1 btc. And now you expect the owner to simply ignore the bug report and do nothing to fix this crucial bug?
Also, if you want to take advantage of the bug, why don't you just continue what you are doing secretly but sell the info for some % of profit?
I think he's saying that the site has a bug and if we want to know the bug he will tell us how to do it and earn much than the offer price from the owner.
So if you bet 4 times then you win 2 times and then lost 2 times then even you lost it will refund automatically even you lost.

I think it's better to share it with us Or Pm me the site and pm more details about the bug...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 11:09:39 PM

I get that. But you can just point at any event, as there's zero risk for you. What's the protection for others if there's no bug at all? What happens if they lose and get no refund? Are you willing to escrow your own funds to pay them back?

Not quite sure what you mean here. You assume the bug hasn't been fixed just because operator let you keep the 1x payout and didn't block your account?

My suggestion - nobody with half a brain would use your offer. If you truly believe the bug is active, raise as much funds as you possibly can, bet half on win and half on lose (or split to 3 if there's possibility of tie/draw) and enjoy your profit.

i totally agree with your reply, if he knows about this bug then he can earn like a hell with creating lot of accounts and do betting like what you said, if won he gets double if lost will get refund,

even then if anyone wants to take your service then in escrow you should also invest the same amount of bitcoins what the other user will bet on your advice, because if the bug is fixed and he/she wont get the refund then the escrow will refund that amount which OP will deposit in escrow, if this works out then i am in. you can send me the full details about the deal.
StevenLiang

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 01:17:37 AM

The OP is likely trying to pull a cheap scam.

But, assuming there actually was a bug and he's telling the truth, why would that be illegal? If he reported the bug, but the site operator choose to ignore it and do nothing about it - then I'd say he has every legal and moral right to exploit it.

As the OP already said, "I hahe contact the owner of site and i have explication the question and his offer me 0,1 btc for revelate a bug. For me, is a little amount, because the bug is very big"

The gambling site that OP said is cannot fix it for themselves, so all lose matches will refunded. Lol
SCAM

Newbie account want to try new thing to scam 0.5 BTC with escrow.
I think all gambling sites will manually check and pay their members betting. Refunded the lose bet is perfectly not true. That's why this scammer will not give the gambling site name. "Because he is the owner of the bug site  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes "
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 01:28:01 AM

FYI here's how the scam works: OP says "bet half a coin on this team".  If the team wins, you send him money if the team loses he says "oh I guess they fixed the bug".  Anyone who falls for this poorly thought out scam is a massive sucker.
Bobbler

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:14:45 AM

A blatant scam and the scam itself might happen in the escrow part. Beware.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:39:24 AM

lol Why don't you keep it to yourself and keep betting?
Its an easy win, easy money for you that you can do it forever until the site find out about the bug.
You might wanna get a load for maybe 5btc if allowed and roll it till you become a millionaire yourself.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: