Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:56:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Cryptsy safe again?  (Read 3094 times)
GriffinHeart (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:39:32 PM

So after the great cock up of yesterday,
Cryptsy sending a "wallet maintenance" message, followed by a "all wallets are down currently" and ending with the Cryptsy site going down for a few hours. My question to everyone is: Is it safe to return to Cryptsy's markets or is it just too risky?
Also, does anyone actually know what is going on with Cryptsy's system and why it all went to shit for a few hours?

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SZarro

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:41:38 PM

Rumors floating around that they have some FBI issues
Pollak

Pollak

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:48:54 PM

Rumors floating around that they have some FBI issues

I would not start depositing money now. Wait and let time decide if cryptsy is still a good exchange.

Currenty the existence of cryptsy is very insecure.

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:03:30 PM

Glad I don't have big amounts on cryptsy. Best to stay far away from it and follow the news about it.
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:06:06 PM

Honestly cryptsy was never a good exchange to start with, they always had problems and people generally didn't like cryptsy so I see no point in using cryptsy especially after what happened, you can definitely find way better exchanges than cryptsy out there.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:16:18 PM

With all the recent negativity and potential investigations I think it would be best if you waited a while until the dust settles before using them again, you will find other exchanges just as good if not better.
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:00:09 PM

Bittrex, Poloniex are very solid exchanges. I heard BTC38 is also good, but I never tried them.

From bittrex i know they offer a fast support, but rumours has it they are (like c-cex) behind a lot of altcoins scam. So yes choose carefully and wisefully.

Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:31:13 PM

With all the recent negativity and potential investigations I think it would be best if you waited a while until the dust settles before using them again, you will find other exchanges just as good if not better.

I would advice to do this. There are too many insecurities right now with cryptsy. It could even happen they don't exist in 3 weeks.

For now try to get as much out and hope you did the right thing. If not you still lose nothing.. since you didn't sell.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:04:59 PM

Reading this thread and other threads regarding crypty's trustworthiness, I think it is time for me and cryptsy to depart.

There is no way this is not harming them.

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2015, 10:12:41 PM

I would highly suggest not depositing or using crypsty until its been confirmed they are no longer having errors and one of the owners clear up exactly what the problems were.. I know the site was facing insolvency issues and that in my opinion is a huge red flag for an exchange.

Please do some research of your own of course. Its imperitive you make your own decisions on this forum rather than follow the herd.. Generally the herd tends to lead you into doom in these parts.

Crypsty in my opinion isn't safe to use right now, Nor is any exchange really.. To many mt.gox memories around here to trust anyone.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pollak

Pollak

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:35:50 PM

Withdrawing be a hassle to. Try to use transactions less then 25 dollars in BTC.

I am not sure if they have a limit for altcoins, but try it first with 1 altcoin, before you withdraw everything.

Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:58:52 PM

Withdrawing be a hassle to. Try to use transactions less then 25 dollars in BTC.

I am not sure if they have a limit for altcoins, but try it first with 1 altcoin, before you withdraw everything.

Right now you can only withdraw $25 worth of coins total. So $10 in LTC and $15 in BTC would be your daily limit. I just read on another thread that its $100 a month total as well. If this is true I think that the second that deposits for a week are under the withdraws for that week they are going to shut down. $25 is so insulting its disgusting. A lot of people who are trading alts still use the site because of the volume and its really sad to see so many people about to get F'ed.

Whatever happened to "Never get Gox'ed again". Unfortunately with the whole $100 per month withdraw limit I think Im actually about to get Gox'ed again.... And I'm starting to hate crypto all over again. I work too hard at this to keep giving it all to scammers. I now have to re-evaluate if I should just sell off and quit this whole mess altogether while I still have anything at all.

BTW. I don't keep a lot of money on exchanges, but I have to transfer BTC in and out at least a few at a time to make the trades I want to do, so don't go blaming me for that. I used to be able to take out 20Btc+ per month if I wanted to and this $100 limit came from nowhere. With $100 a month in withdraws people can't be expected to use this site anymore.
GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:57:49 PM

Right now you can only withdraw $25 worth of coins total. So $10 in LTC and $15 in BTC would be your daily limit. I just read on another thread that its $100 a month total as well. If this is true I think that the second that deposits for a week are under the withdraws for that week they are going to shut down. $25 is so insulting its disgusting. A lot of people who are trading alts still use the site because of the volume and its really sad to see so many people about to get F'ed.

Whatever happened to "Never get Gox'ed again". Unfortunately with the whole $100 per month withdraw limit I think Im actually about to get Gox'ed again.... And I'm starting to hate crypto all over again. I work too hard at this to keep giving it all to scammers. I now have to re-evaluate if I should just sell off and quit this whole mess altogether while I still have anything at all.

BTW. I don't keep a lot of money on exchanges, but I have to transfer BTC in and out at least a few at a time to make the trades I want to do, so don't go blaming me for that. I used to be able to take out 20Btc+ per month if I wanted to and this $100 limit came from nowhere. With $100 a month in withdraws people can't be expected to use this site anymore.

I always tell people that ''never store coins in exchanges'' thing is not always possible, specially if you are a trader, how do you expect not to have coins in exchanges. Unfortunately you can never be safe with bitcoin exchanges since most of them are not regulated. This is why not many people use bitcoins.
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 06:37:08 PM

Since you have many other option to move then i would suggest to not use cryptsy again.
Not that i have anything agaist them but leave them for a while and go back when you think its the best time.
As much as i know most of the exchanges have the same rates as the cryptsy has so maybe moving to poloniex would be better.

trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:46:26 PM

Cryptsy was never good exchange as per my personal experience so many times my withdrawal request got delayed for a long time and that is the reason i give up this and move to bittrex they are providing best service with fast withdraw and quick support.
BeneQ

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:35:46 PM

We all need Cryptsy fully working and secure.
Stop spreading gossips  please , let them sort out their problems.
foxkyu

Activity: 938

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:40:17 PM

So after the great cock up of yesterday,
Cryptsy sending a "wallet maintenance" message, followed by a "all wallets are down currently" and ending with the Cryptsy site going down for a few hours. My question to everyone is: Is it safe to return to Cryptsy's markets or is it just too risky?
Also, does anyone actually know what is going on with Cryptsy's system and why it all went to shit for a few hours?
No one can guarantee that. If you still have bitcoin there better to withdraw quickly.

But if you still want to trade there, do it with low amount of btc
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:51:13 PM

Stop spreading gossips  please , let them sort out their problems.

I sure don't need CrEEps,See?, so you can feel free to revise your sweeping statement.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:25:28 PM

Stop spreading gossips  please , let them sort out their problems.

Most of the things here are based on facts;
- 25 USD withdrawal limit
- Wallets being closed (server down)
- Withdrawal review by cryptsy staff
- The extra wtihdrawal fee

etc. etc.

So no it's not gossip. I agree there is a lot of fear going around, and people are just being scared. It's our duty as a community to warn people.. with the truth..

Digit-0

Activity: 199

in the end, you only find the beginning

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:56:25 PM

i never had problems with cryptsy besides slow withdraws all was ok, at least for me; I withdraw all my money from them some weeks ago, i dont know if you can consider them safe now, but from what im reading at his trollbox and here with some new threads, i will not come back yet to that exchange.

Lets w8 a little bit more to come back again...i am perhaps too wary, but i dont want to risk anything.

edited: his withdraws are just something like a joke.... thats another bad point for them...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: