Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:55:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Cryptsy safe again?  (Read 3094 times)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:37:56 AM

I would be very wary of cryptsy at the moment. All the issues, bitjohn leaving their team, it is all just looking too suspicious.

Luckily I was able to get all my funds out, the only thing that was difficult was litecoin, but some smaller coins are easier to withdraw. Try those if you are having trouble.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:51:59 AM

I was told by support that BTC\LTC\BTCD withdrawals are extremely slow. So I converted my BTC into other alts and withdrawal went ok for me. Fact that some alt withdrawals are still working without any problems is encouraging, but I wouldn't deposit coins into Cryptsy at this point for sure.

This is the best alternative to withdraw the money from an exchange, even though you can lose at least 0.4-0.5% in exchange fees when converting back but it worth not to wait. I haven't used cryptsy for a while hope they will solve these issues asap.

The easily withdrawable alts are trading at a 5 to 10 percent premium on Cryptsy lately.

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:57:38 AM

I was told by support that BTC\LTC\BTCD withdrawals are extremely slow. So I converted my BTC into other alts and withdrawal went ok for me. Fact that some alt withdrawals are still working without any problems is encouraging, but I wouldn't deposit coins into Cryptsy at this point for sure.

This is the best alternative to withdraw the money from an exchange, even though you can lose at least 0.4-0.5% in exchange fees when converting back but it worth not to wait. I haven't used cryptsy for a while hope they will solve these issues asap.

The easily withdrawable alts are trading at a 5 to 10 percent premium on Cryptsy lately.

Well i mean at least 0.25 percent is the exchange fee if you sell at the same rate as you buy an alt coin (which is not possible at the same time) and then converting back to bitcoin, but i think that this is much more better than waiting for cryptsy support to proceed your order, the bitcoin price chances very frequently.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 08:00:25 AM

I agree, but it shows the extent of Cryptsy's issues.

I got just about everything out except a bunch of UTC which are in maintenance and no market dept to sell them.

M8BWNNRFMNdak68c

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 07:31:47 PM

DASH payout happened Smiley ( 2 days delay )
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:42:50 PM

I would rather take a 10% loss and have any coins in my wallet today or in the other exchange address than wait for them to process withdrawals that I wish to have for days or even weeks, and maybe not ever get them!

But that's me!
1990BEARS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:33:01 AM

my btc (0.65) still pending after 5 days, i know it will come eventually but I doubt any time soon. I will wait in meantime.
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:43:26 AM

my btc (0.65) still pending after 5 days, i know it will come eventually but I doubt any time soon. I will wait in meantime.

I wouldn't count on it... I would say hope that you'll get your coin.  Good chance you'll get it but I wouldn't say it's a guarantee with all their issues going on.

This space not for rent...
elyas772

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 06:40:00 AM

some hours ago i do arbitrase dogecoin, buy from Bittrex at 37sat and sell at cryptsy at 39sat
but im very angry my bitcoin withdraw very long time  Angry Angry Angry Angry
also the fee withdraw is very high 100.000satosi + 0.5%

IM NOT RECOMENDED TO USE CRYPTSY AGAIN

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 06:43:19 AM

I honestly don't trust any of my money on that exchange.I've heard many people having issues with withdrawals and down-time maintenance issues. It is always too many to count. There is a reason why people call it Craptsy.
elyas772

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 06:59:37 AM

now Im waiting My withdraw pending more than 30minutes F*cking cryptsy >_<
Im not see this thread before i trade at cryptsy and "I will not use cryptsy again"

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:13:22 AM

Im not see this thread before i trade at cryptsy and "I will not use cryptsy again"
There's a dude that have been waiting for about 5 days now
Expect yours to be the same too Sad

May i know the number of coins you tried to withdraw Huh

Never put your coins at exchange because there might be a similar situation like this in the future
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:17:41 AM

I wouldn't recommended Cryptsy to anyone. Their service and customer service is really bad, and there are many problem in their website.
I had very bad experience there, from very slow withdraw, big minimum withdraw amount, high withdraw fees, and very slow respond from their contact service.

Also, recently there are more & more complained about Cryptsy.
So, don't use Cryptsy anymore, there are many good exchanges out there.

An exchange that does not have a good support service that is not a good exchange, people are in hurry or need urgently the money and that's they withdraw from exchange and delaying the payment that is the worst case, from now i will not use cryptsy ever.
elyas772

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:24:37 AM

Never put your coins at exchange because there might be a similar situation like this in the future

this is my pending Withdraw

i contacted support and i ask him to cancel my withdraw, i think i will buy Dogecoin and try Withdraw use it, because some people get succes withdraw with dogecoin

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
BINANCE
─────── LAB

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 08:53:26 AM

I would rather take a 10% loss and have any coins in my wallet today or in the other exchange address than wait for them to process withdrawals that I wish to have for days or even weeks, and maybe not ever get them!

But that's me!

Well it doesn't matter if you pay 10% more for something you can't get out of the exchange

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:35:43 AM

But that's me!

Well it doesn't matter if you pay 10% more for something you can't get out of the exchange

Apparently withdrawals of some alts are working without any delays and difficulties. I would then exchange to these alts and withdraw them even if I have to take 10% loss.

Their withdrawals are automated and probably alts that they have enough are successfully processed right away. Pretty much the whole exchange is working as one big fractional reserve pyramid until it doesn't collapse completely!
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:41:10 AM

this is my pending Withdraw
-snip
i contacted support and i ask him to cancel my withdraw, i think i will buy Dogecoin and try Withdraw use it, because some people get succes withdraw with dogecoin
nice idea Smiley
You can try to change it to LTC or Doge and see if it work Wink
Please give us updates whether or not withdrawing to Alts does work automatically Smiley
I got few bits stuck on cryptsy too, oh well it's not really that much anyway Tongue
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:11:46 AM

forget about cryptsy and find another exchange because so many good and trustworthy exchange among us
such a bittrex,poloniex or etc
klutzbelgian

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:16:03 PM

i got some bucks stucked too Sad
BTCBinary

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:31:12 PM

Cryptsy was always safe. The thing is they ahave an army of trolls picking on them all the time. Of course they sometimes have some troubles and some other issues, but they are legit.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: