Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:05:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 hour till the Federal Reserve Emergency Meeting  (Read 1873 times)
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:47:13 PM

Odds are a 1 full point increase, which will spark the second asian currency crisis and most likely the collapse of China's economy

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:50:25 PM

Odds are a 1 full point increase, which will spark the second asian currency crisis and most likely the collapse of China's economy
I don't think they will increase interest 1% but we may see maximum 0.50% increment or increase to total 0.50%
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:17:31 PM

I don't think they will increase interest 1% but we may see maximum 0.50% increment or increase to total 0.50%
I don't think either or actually anything will happen. The market isn't even reacting.
But if they do raise rates, I think bitcoin will have a great holiday.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:54:08 PM

The fed is taking the rate from .25% to 0%.

BUY THE DIP
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:57:14 PM

What? Where did you have that idea from? Any sources?
And where can I bet how much the interest rates will be raised?
Or is it just talk between brokers?
I don't believe the Fed will increase the rates to 1 %. Debts will climb even faster and the states' bankcruptcy as well.
I mean in the end it doesn't matter what they do.They are trapped and there is no way out.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:32:33 PM

Negative interest rates.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 08:50:23 PM

maybe a token 0.25% rise in the short term.

NIRP in the medium to long term.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:16:09 PM

Negative interest rates.

bonipper

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:59:31 PM

Does this announcement mean they decided to keep quiet about their intentions, and censored the minutes of the meeting? I don't know what "exemption(s) 9(A)(i) of the Government in the Sunshine Act (5 U.S.C. Section 552b(c))" relates to, but they say they closed the meeting to public observation because its subject is covered by that act.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/boardmeetings/20151123exp.htm

Notice of a Meeting under Expedited Procedures

On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 11:30 AM, a meeting of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System was held under expedited procedures, as set forth in section 26lb.7 of the Board's Rules Regarding Public Observation of Meetings, at the Board's offices at 20th and C Streets, N.W., Washington, D.C., to consider the following matters of official Board business.

Meeting Date: Monday, November 23, 2015

Matter(s) Considered
1.   Review and determination by the Board of Governors of the advance and discount rates to be charged by the Federal Reserve Banks.   9(A)(i)
Effective November 23, 2015, the meeting was closed to public observation by Order of the Board of Governors 1 because the matters fall under exemption(s) 9(A)(i) of the Government in the Sunshine Act (5 U.S.C. Section 552b(c)), and it was determined that the public interest did not require opening the meeting.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:23:15 PM

Does this announcement mean they decided to keep quiet about their intentions, and censored the minutes of the meeting? I don't know what "exemption(s) 9(A)(i) of the Government in the Sunshine Act (5 U.S.C. Section 552b(c))" relates to, but they say they closed the meeting to public observation because its subject is covered by that act.

On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 11:30 AM, a meeting of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System was held under expedited procedures, as set forth in section 26lb.7 of the Board's Rules Regarding Public Observation of Meetings, at the Board's offices at 20th and C Streets, N.W., Washington, D.C., to consider the following matters of official Board business.

Matter(s) Considered
1.   Review and determination by the Board of Governors of the advance and discount rates to be charged by the Federal Reserve Banks.   9(A)(i)
Effective November 23, 2015, the meeting was closed to public observation by Order of the Board of Governors 1 because the matters fall under exemption(s) 9(A)(i) of the Government in the Sunshine Act (5 U.S.C. Section 552b(c)), and it was determined that the public interest did not require opening the meeting.

This is the exception:

Releasing the minutes under the Sunshine Act...
(e) shall not apply to any information pertaining to such meeting otherwise required by this section to be disclosed to the public,
where the agency properly determines that such portion or portions of its meeting or the disclosure of such information is likely to—
(9) disclose information the premature disclosure of which would—
(A) in the case of an agency which regulates currencies, securities, commodities, or financial institutions, be likely to
(i) lead to significant financial speculation in currencies, securities, or commodities,

Which is reasonable. The minutes could create financial uncertainty that is not justified, in the very short term.
They may release the minutes next week though.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
bonipper

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:35:23 PM

Matter(s) Considered

This is the exception:

(e) shall not apply to any information pertaining to such meeting otherwise required by this section to be disclosed to the public,
where the agency properly determines that such portion or portions of its meeting or the disclosure of such information is likely to—
(A) in the case of an agency which regulates currencies, securities, commodities, or financial institutions, be likely to
(i) lead to significant financial speculation in currencies, securities, or commodities,

Which is reasonable. The minutes could create financial uncertainty that is not justified, in the very short term.

It might be reasonable but won't withholding the minutes create significant financial speculation in currencies, securities, and commodities anyway? The OP was speculating about it. Wouldn't it have been wiser to have kept the fact they were holding a meeting secret, or are they not allowed to do that?
AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:47:43 PM

This is the exception:

It might be reasonable but won't withholding the minutes create significant financial speculation in currencies, securities, and commodities anyway? The OP was speculating about it. Wouldn't it have been wiser to have kept the fact they were holding a meeting secret, or are they not allowed to do that?

I'm not fully informed on what they can or can't do (especially in a national emergency situation),
but I don't think they can have any secret meetings ever. That would be a violation of the Open Public Records Act.

Then again, it may be that they aren't held to the Open Public Records Act since it isn't really a government body.
So, in that event, if they did have secret meetings, it would probably lead to more uncertainty then what they currently do.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3231

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 12:14:21 AM

I don't think either or actually anything will happen. The market isn't even reacting.

Higher interest rates is not good for bitcoin. It will cause money to be pulled out of bitcoins and moved into bonds.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 01:06:24 AM

Higher interest rates is not good for bitcoin. It will cause money to be pulled out of bitcoins and moved into bonds.

I doubt, people that invest heavy in BTC are not the same that invest in bonds, at least at this point.

Dollar will strength for a while, so people that don't receive in dollar will see their BTC more valued, for some time

Moneyburner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 01:31:09 AM

They will raise the rates, they have to raise the rates... The rates can't stay this low forever. Right? Embarrassed

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 01:34:22 AM

They will raise the rates, they have to raise the rates... The rates can't stay this low forever. Right? Embarrassed

Wall Street is literally running on these rates. Even a quarter basis point rise could be enough to pop the bubble. They've painted themselves into a corner.

Vires in numeris
Moneyburner

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:10:26 AM

Wall Street is literally running on these rates. Even a quarter basis point rise could be enough to pop the bubble. They've painted themselves into a corner.

This is what I'm pretty much expecting and have pulled a lot of my investments out in fear of this. (And yes trying to time the market but sue me)

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:40:56 AM

I disagree. Higher Interest Rates will cause money to be pulled out of stocks and then moved into bonds and bitcoin.
The people who "invested" in bitcoin, didn't do so for the short term return, but as a long term hedge against future financial problems.

If Interest Rates go up, people will dump their stocks,
which will cause a fast crash (average people will lose at least 25% of their 401K (stock bag holders)),
which will cause a rise in bitcoin speculation, since it is basically a hedge.

Atleast this is my reasoning to my original statement.

lolgato

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:48:33 AM

I'm actually very wary wary about this who knows the unexpected might happen. Cry
mirana12345

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:25:37 AM

So let that bubble pop already. I doubt anyone here will have a problem with it, i know i wont, but sadly they're smarter than
to let a thing like that happen. Or are they not ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: