Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:14:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LOCALBITCOIN CLOSED ACCOUNT AND WILL NOT ANSWER , REFUSE TO LET ME WITHDRAW MY C  (Read 534 times)
MSLADYAJ (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:34:22 PM

I have had my account 10 months 100 % feedback never once a problem, i always log in from my work and same browser same laptop, my username is msladya and someone with msladyc did something they said names are similar and same ip, Mind you I gave information to where I work where I am a guest services agent and all guest log in from same ip. The odd part of this is my regional manager was able to speak with our isp provider and there is no record of anyone logging into LBC at the time frame they locked my account ,, except myself, Localbitcoin says they will not tell me anything so be aware they can at anytime lock it up and refuse to let you take your money, so if u have a enemy and they make account with similar user name then lbc can take your coins close account and not respond, Until it is worked out we have placed signs in our hotel lobby's at all 32 locations warning guest of what could happen logging into localbitcoin, as well as we had to notify Expedia because they too accept  bitcoin as payment
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 01:51:29 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 02:08:59 PM by twister

I have had my account 10 months 100 % feedback never once a problem, i always log in from my work and same browser same laptop, my username is msladya and someone with msladyc did something they said names are similar and same ip, Mind you I gave information to where I work where I am a guest services agent and all guest log in from same ip. The odd part of this is my regional manager was able to speak with our isp provider and there is no record of anyone logging into LBC at the time frame they locked my account ,, except myself, Localbitcoin says they will not tell me anything so be aware they can at anytime lock it up and refuse to let you take your money, so if u have a enemy and they make account with similar user name then lbc can take your coins close account and not respond, Until it is worked out we have placed signs in our hotel lobby's at all 32 locations warning guest of what could happen logging into localbitcoin, as well as we had to notify Expedia because they too accept  bitcoin as payment

If this is true then it is really unfortunate but you have to see it from their angle too, someone logged in with a name similar to yours and from same IP address and scammed someone or probably tried to and which is why LBC decided to close all the accounts from that IP as a security measure.

From my own experience LBC is legit and I have heard nothing but good things about it from others on the forum but since a lot of account selling and scamming is going on they do whatever is necessary to protect their users. And because of instances like these, I think everyone who trades there will be asked to provide IDs soon, if they haven't already, so if someone does something bad, their IDs will get tagged.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:28:44 PM

You can't really blame LBC for this one. I would never use a public ISP for anything bitcoin related. I won't even use a cellphone because I can't get the same kind of security I can on a laptop. I'd take this as a lesson to keep your own secure hotspot and laptop wherever you go and for god sake keep it password locked.
MSLADYAJ (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 06:22:59 AM

I have had my account 10 months 100 % feedback never once a problem, i always log in from my work and same browser same laptop, my username is msladya and someone with msladyc did something they said names are similar and same ip, Mind you I gave information to where I work where I am a guest services agent and all guest log in from same ip. The odd part of this is my regional manager was able to speak with our isp provider and there is no record of anyone logging into LBC at the time frame they locked my account ,, except myself, Localbitcoin says they will not tell me anything so be aware they can at anytime lock it up and refuse to let you take your money, so if u have a enemy and they make account with similar user name then lbc can take your coins close account and not respond, Until it is worked out we have placed signs in our hotel lobby's at all 32 locations warning guest of what could happen logging into localbitcoin, as well as we had to notify Expedia because they too accept  bitcoin as payment

If this is true then it is really unfortunate but you have to see it from their angle too, someone logged in with a name similar to yours and from same IP address and scammed someone or probably tried to and which is why LBC decided to close all the accounts from that IP as a security measure.

From my own experience LBC is legit and I have heard nothing but good things about it from others on the forum but since a lot of account selling and scamming is going on they do whatever is necessary to protect their users. And because of instances like these, I think everyone who trades there will be asked to provide IDs soon, if they haven't already, so if someone does something bad, their IDs will get tagged.

I DO UNDERSTAND THERE BLOCKING THE ACCOUNT , IS WHAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND IS I HAVE REQUESTED MORE THAN ONCE SEVERAL THINGS, FIRST I PROVIDED MY ID AT WAS VERIFIED WHEN I OPENED MY ACCOUNT 10 MONTHS AGO,
2. I ASKED THAT THEY PLEASE COMPARE LOGINS OF THE 2 ACCOUNTS, FOR INSTANCE, WE ONLY ALLOW GUEST A MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF DAYS, WE ARE NOT A EXTENDED STAY HOTEL. SO THIS OTHER ACCOUNT WAS MORE THAN LIKELY LOGGED INTO FROM A DIFFERENT IP SOURCE AND MAYBE IT WAS AT THE SAME TIME I WAS LOGGED IN AND I CAN NOT BE IN 2 PLACES AT ONCE, THEN UPON SPEAKING WITH SUPPORT THEY HAD MENTIONED ANOTHER USER NAME FROM THE SAME IP, I KNEW WHO THAT NAME WAS BECAUSE IT WAS A PREVIOUS EMPLOYER THAT I PERSONALLY TERMINATED AND MATTER OF FACTLY HAD PLACED IN JAIL FOR THEFT, I PROVIDED HIS REAL NAME AND ADVISED THEM OF WHEN I TERMINATED THAT EMPLOYEE. ALSO I ASKED THEM TO PLEASE CHECK THE TRADES OF THE OTHER ACCOUNT WHO DO THEY TRADE WITH AND WHAT EXACTLY IS IT THAT THEY TRADE, I HAVE BEEN ACTIVE IN THE FORUMS ON LBC FOR MANY MANY MONTHS , DID THIS OTHER ACCOUNT EVER POST IN FORUMS, ALSO IF I HAVE LOGGED IN WITH 2 FACTOR AUTHENTICATION FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS (I STATRED 2FACTOR AFTER 500.00 CAME MISSING FROM MY ACCOUNT) WHEN DID THIS PERSON CREATE THIS ACCOUNT AND FURTHERMORE WHEN THE ACCOUNT WAS CREATED WHICH IP WERE THEY USING, WERE THEY USING 2 FACTOR? READ THEIR MESSAGES HOW THEY WRITE , I ASKED THEM TO GIVE ME SOMETHING TO GO OFF OFF WHEN DID THEY LOG IN AND TRY TO COMMIT THIS FRAUD? AT LEAST I COULD THEN GET IN TOUCH WITH OUR NETWORK TECHNICIAN TO SEE IF HE CAN DETERMINE WHICH GUEST IT WAS , I EVEN ASKED FOR THE NAME SINCE THE ACCOUNT WAS FRAUD IF THEY PROVIDE A NAME I CAN THEN HAVE CORPORATE GIVE DOCUMENTATION OF THE GUEST REGISTRATION (IF IT WAS A REGISTERED GUEST) ALL THESE THINGS AND I AM BEING HUNG UP ON TOLD ITS MY PROBLEM, AND THE FACT THAT THE MONEY IN MY LBC ACCOUNT HAD JUST BEEN SENT TO MY WALLET FROM A SOURCE THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH A TRADE ON LBC AS I HAD NOT DID A TRADE IN OVER A WEEK WHY NOT AT LEAST ALLOW ME TO WITHDRAW MY FUNDS.. I SEE NO REASON THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE A RIGHT TO DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT AND KEEP FUNDS ESPECIALLY WHEN THE FUNDS ARE NOT THE RESULT OF A TRADE DONE ON LBC. IF THATS THE CASE WHAT HAPPENS IF THEY START RANDOM PICKING ACCOUNTS TO DO THIS WITH WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY PROOF THERE WAS EVER A VICTIM OR REPORT , HOW DO I KNOW ITS NOT ALL MADE UP EVEN PEOPLE IN THE FORUM ASK DO WE HAVE A VICTIM AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST IF U READ MY TRADES I WOULD ALWAYS SAY IF YOUR FEEDBACK IS GOOD AND YOU HAVE HISTORY I WILL ALLOW YOU TIME TO GO USE THE GIFT CARD THEN COME BACK AND PAY ME, IF I WAS SCAMMING SOMEONE WHY WOULD I ALLOW THAT? MY FACEBOOK PHONE NUMBER AND ID HAS BEEN VERIFIED
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 03:11:50 PM

I can't read a thing with you just yelling with all caps.

Anyways, I don't think I or any other forum member can do anything in this regard, if you believe you were scammed, you're welcome to open a scam accusation to warn others. And maybe you'll get a response from the LBC representatives.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
klutzbelgian

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 03:12:51 PM

please don't capslock...
MSLADYAJ (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:43:27 AM

I can't read a thing with you just yelling with all caps.

Anyways, I don't think I or any other forum member can do anything in this regard, if you believe you were scammed, you're welcome to open a scam accusation to warn others. And maybe you'll get a response from the LBC representatives.

I apologise for the caps, I was in the process of replacing keyboards I was not intending to come off as if i was yelling, I also was not saying I was scammed. I am simply saying after proving I am a employee of the hotel and have been for years, I would think that lbc would have to show something to prove there was any type of fraud,

Lets say that LBC picks a handful of accounts every couple of months to say oh your ip was connected to another account and fraud, How is one to know this is true? Never having to provide any info, And lets say one of you went on a business trip or vacation, and you logged into your LBC account and this happen to you and no one would tell you what the supposed fraud was and I posted in the forum anyone have any dealing with this msladyc and no one responded nor has there been any proof of a victim,  how is one to know this is even true, Not to mention my general manager logs in to his account as well as 2 other employees , same ip.. how come their accounts have not been touched or warned or frozen, In fact my general manager moved most of his coins just in case this happened and has been logging in more than usual and nothing has been said or done, I did get asked to send in a picture of me holding my id and I did that even though my id was verified when I first open my account, and my facebook is also linked which uses my real first and last name?  I would like to know how one of you would handle the issue? Im totally out of ideas. We have posted signs in our lobby of all our properties warning customers not to log into the lbc website because their account may get locked.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: