Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:31:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin Sun Edition 4: The Rise of Namecoin (0.02 btc)  (Read 2261 times)
TheBitcoinSun (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2011, 01:11:50 PM

Edition 4 is out now!

http://thebitcoinsun.com/post/edition_004

If you cannot afford the 0.02 btc, check out our signature giveaway: https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=11219.0  We are paying out 0.1 BTC, enough for 5 editions!

All the articles will be released in html format on our website in the following day, so you will not miss out of the news, it just may be a little later.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBitcoinSun (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2011, 01:13:13 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2011, 01:36:06 PM by TheBitcoinSun

Oh yeah! Thanks to http://www.bitcoinservice.co.uk/ for the great payment service.  Grin
ploum

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2011, 01:24:54 PM

The fact that The Sun should cost some money was suggested by the readers themselves. I'm wondering: what do you think now? Is it a good move?

Also, I'm curious to see how many people will download the PDF.

TheBitcoinSun (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2011, 01:44:28 PM

There is a huge amount of work that goes into such a publication such as ours...  The editors are slowly doing more and more of the work.  So a big thanks goes out to Matt, Ploum, and Garrett!

The owners of this publication are becoming extremely busy IRL, so we are looking for somebody who is adept at In-Design to take over the publishing.  Please send a email of to chief@thebitcoinsun.com

On, another note. We want to give a big apology to anyone who has contacted us and we have either, forgotten about it, or haven't got around to replying yet.  We are really sorry; If you are waiting on a response for anything, please send us another email to: thebitcoinsun@thebitcoinsun.com, we will endeavor to promptly reply.

The Bitcoin Sun.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 01:59:45 PM

Oh yeah! Thanks to http://www.bitcoinservice.co.uk/ for the great payment service.  Grin

Thanks for using the bitcoin service!

However there are a few things to note:

We are in the process of doing a major re-development of the backend to the bitcoin service.
When we release the new-website, we will be moving over to a dedicated server, the site should be much faster, and more reliable.  However, it will not be backwards compatible as we are fundamentally changing the addressing system.

Do not worry, any balances will be ported over to the new system, and we will give you ample time and warning to move the files over before we stop the old VPS server.
Bugs such as when files do not download properly on IE will be fixed.  In addition, users will be able to store Bitcoin’s in their account.

Expect the fees to be lower and capability for larger downloads!

One off NP-Hard.
Belkaar

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2011, 02:04:36 PM

I'm sorry to say that I did not get my copy :-(

I paid the 0.02 BTC and refreshed the page. My browser (opera mobile) started the download and after about 30 seconds said that there was a problem.
Apparently it did not receive a single byte of the file.

I'll try again tonight with a desktop browser.

(The previous downloads that were free worked in opera mobile)

And: please add a link to the address like "a href=bitcoin:--address--?amount=0.02" so i can just click on it and not have to copy and paste the address which is tedious on a phone. Maybe even add a QR-code. I can help with that if needed.

bitcoinCodes.com: Get XBox live, PSN and WoW game time codes fast and anonymously
Android RPC client: Bitcoiner
Bitmessage: BM-GtcxVju35PGuD6es9vrF1SXtCVxScbjB
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 02:32:01 PM

I'm sorry to say that I did not get my copy :-(

I paid the 0.02 BTC and refreshed the page. My browser (opera mobile) started the download and after about 30 seconds said that there was a problem.
Apparently it did not receive a single byte of the file.

I'll try again tonight with a desktop browser.

(The previous downloads that were free worked in opera mobile)

And: please add a link to the address like "a href=bitcoin:--address--?amount=0.02" so i can just click on it and not have to copy and paste the address which is tedious on a phone. Maybe even add a QR-code. I can help with that if needed.

If you navigate away from the page, then navigate back, the site will re-try the download... Don't close your brower, as the cookie is lost and you will be asked to pay again!

Otherwise good points.  We certanly will consider them!

One off NP-Hard.
robmon

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 02:34:48 PM

0.02 btc is a fair price for The Bitcoin Sun I think. Payment and download was smooth, now I'm going to read it!  Smiley
stakhanov

Activity: 175
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 05:48:40 PM

That was a very nice read! Thanks for making the Bitcoin Sun Smiley
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 05:52:04 PM

Oh no, my browser crashed because of fucking flash player (on a different site) while I was waiting for the transaction to arrive.  Now I'm going to have to pay another 0.02 btc.  Consider the first payment a donation  Smiley

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
kuba_10

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 06:09:58 PM

The fee is very affordable, and it will certainly benefit both autors and freelancers Cheesy I think I will go deeper in seeking for information worth publishing.

EN<->PL, GER->EN, GER->PL TRANSLATIONS? Send a PM, will do it cheaper than others!
If someone gets kind: 1CtV2wKbQGFe1sfVPDYGroGSxehNfd1bHN
zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:48:39 AM

This used to be free Sad

Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:50:23 AM

This used to be free Sad

Articles are still published free on http://www.thebitcoinsun.com/ (or are when the publishers get around to posting them, I try and stay on top of it).

Articles on the site are lagged by a bit, the pdf is for people who want to pay a tiny bit to get it fresh and in nice PDF format Smiley

-Garrett
ploum

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 07:18:36 AM

This used to be free Sad

It was requested by the readers themselves ;-)

But we are not copyright whore: don't hesitate to share the PDF with others that cannot afford it!

Gabriel Beal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Fezzik, tear his arms off.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 12:29:49 PM

I bought and downloaded the latest edition.  I didn't know much about namecoin and it filled me in on the details.  Really nice job, guys.  Now I just want to have it automatically delivered to my ipad.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: