Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:28:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any impact of the Russian SU24 shot down by Turkey (NATO)?  (Read 1689 times)
goxed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:28:14 AM

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=425_1448360570

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:30:20 AM

If you mean impact on the Bitcoin price, then I say no. I really can't see how this has anything to do with Bitcoin at all.
HWoodrow

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:58:26 AM

If you consider this episode I don't think that there will be some impact on the Bitcoin Price, but if it will happen something like a world war, I can tell you: YES !
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 12:01:23 PM

For all people who are saying is it a new world war, do you think that Russia now is as strong as during the world war I and II to start such war ?
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:32:12 PM

Are you wondering how to trade based on the fact that Turkey just shot down a Russian Jet?

It all depends, how is your grasp of Politics, and how astute is everyone elses?

Putin announced during the G20 summit that he has evidence of who has been 'buying Oil from ISIS'

He has just affirmed that a Turkish F16 shot down their plane, inside Syria, he calls this a 'stab in back', and that this will have severe consequences.

So.. I'll be buying Bitcoin tomorrow, but I wouldn't expect there to be any impact until confidence leaves other (Western) currencies and markets.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
katafrag

Activity: 216

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:31:43 PM

Are you wondering how to trade based on the fact that Turkey just shot down a Russian Jet?

It all depends, how is your grasp of Politics, and how astute is everyone elses?

Putin announced during the G20 summit that he has evidence of who has been 'buying Oil from ISIS'

He has just affirmed that a Turkish F16 shot down their plane, inside Syria, he calls this a 'stab in back', and that this will have severe consequences.

So.. I'll be buying Bitcoin tomorrow, but I wouldn't expect there to be any impact until confidence leaves other (Western) currencies and markets.

Bitcoin will go up in 8 hours, just wait for china to wake up
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:43:59 PM

I saw this. And I don't know what you mean about impact of what?
If bitcoin I don't think so but impact about waar a little bit. What happend in Paris I am just scared that war will happend.
gurcani

Activity: 167

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 03:53:14 PM

If you happen to have some Turkish Liras. It would make sense to exchange them with bitcoins right now.

Russia is Turkey's largest natural gas supplier, with Ankara buying 28-30 billion cubic meters of its 50 bcm of natural gas needs annually from Russia.  Turkey imports Russian gas primarily through two pipelines, one passing through the northwestern region of Thrace, the other entering Turkey from under the Black Sea.

"No gas entry from Thrace means the end of Turkey as that gas pipeline feeds all of Istanbul and the Marmara region. There is no alternative pipeline system that can bring this gas."
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:52:35 PM

Until Russia counter and Turkish is condemned for violations of Geneva Code when they killed 2 pilots that were falling with parachutes, no.

So I think you still have some hours to take your position

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:19:33 PM

Impact ? No Impact ... it's war ... Bitcoin is against any war.
Proof : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:45:08 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreux_Convention_Regarding_the_Regime_of_the_Straits

somebody help to understand this convention. If turkey is in war it changes the access to the strategically important nearby black sea and mediterranean sea.

Cui bono?
gurcani

Activity: 167

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 06:58:19 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreux_Convention_Regarding_the_Regime_of_the_Straits

somebody help to understand this convention. If turkey is in war it changes the access to the strategically important nearby black sea and mediterranean sea.

Cui bono?

yeah. It concerns the  bosphorus strait (and marmara sea and the dardanelles). If Turkey is in war, it can act as it wants in terms of the passage of military ships accross the bosphorus. It still has to allow passage of civillian vessels belonging to third countries.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:03:45 PM

there will surely be no price impact

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 07:43:05 PM

For all people who are saying is it a new world war, do you think that Russia now is as strong as during the world war I and II to start such war ?

Don't need to be, all they need is to drag Euro / NA into war and have their ally to the south take over as the world reserve currency.  The they will be the little brother to the dragon, a position I am sure they would gladly fill.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:24:08 PM

Can we have a dedicated sub forum devoted entirely to totally unrelated world events and the effect they might have on a microscopic market that almost the entire world doesn't know or care about?
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:40:28 PM

Can we have a dedicated sub forum devoted entirely to totally unrelated world events and the effect they might have on a microscopic market that almost the entire world doesn't know or care about?

there is one: Bitcoin Forum > Other > Politics & Society

dunno, why one of the oldest members here is not giving single fuck to basic rules..
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:07:42 AM

Due to this news as of now oil prices went up and most of the travel companies and airlines share prices came down because of safety concerns for travellers. But I don't think this news will impact much on btc prices. Btc prices are not depending on all these individual countries personal issues.
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 04:20:51 AM

EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 04:41:48 AM

dunno, why one of the oldest members here is not giving single fuck to basic rules..

It bypasses normal rules in my opinion since this could escalate fairly quickly into a serious diplomatic incident.
Perhaps not a WWIII but if things go hay wire even Bitcoin would be impacted in a worst case scenario hence its speculation that said perhaps Politics and Society does make more sense.
Either way the media is having a field day on this.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:39:16 AM

i don't believe anymore on external news to have an impact on the price, is just potent guy that are playing with the market and let you think otherwise, but the price is increasing in a strange way it look very articulated

perhaps is done for the miners
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:15:44 AM

Yes most definitely they are. Not just that, but with the nuclear weapons you have at the moment many more countries besides the US and Russia who are able to make this whole planet a history, and to do so very fast.

About the Bitcoin price, I don't see why would this have any effect on the price!
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:51:39 AM

I don't see this event itself having an impact.

If Putkin is STUPID, err, POLITICALLY SUICIDAL enough to try to escalate it, THAT might have one.

Russia was definitely stronger at the start of WW II, but had leadership issues due to Stalin's purges of the 1930s.
 Russia was probably stronger at the start of WW I, but had major internal dissention issues that made it's political will very weak, leading to it's surrender that was one of the immediate triggers for it's REVOLUTION shortly after that surrender.

Today, it has a military with very poor training, a small amount of experience against very weak opponents, but has a rather large WMD arsenal that makes it potentially very dangerous.
 Even so, I don't think Putkin is stupid enough to piss off NATO to the point of starting a war - deliberately.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:57:49 AM

Until Russia counter and Turkish is condemned for violations of Geneva Code when they killed 2 pilots that were falling with parachutes, no.

So I think you still have some hours to take your position

Actually, one of the pilots has been rescued by Syrian and Russian special forces, while the other was apparently killed, on the ground, by Turkmen rebels (whom Turkey is supporting in their fight against the Syrian government, and Russia attacking) - whether or not he was given the chance to surrender, as required by international law, I don't know.

As for Russia's counter, I imagine it will follow somewhat along what gurcani implied: resource access and economic punishment (even though I doubt it will be that drastic, or immediate; I don't believe destabilizing Turkey is really in Russia's interests - at least for now).

So, I doubt bitcoin will be affected by this, one way or the other.
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:21:10 AM

If we see a world war next years it has the biggest effect for Bitcoin. But specifically this action takes no effect in short term.
Jistlad

Activity: 422

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:31:00 AM

No big impact from the shoot down. The shoot down does not even affect the stock market for a few days.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:04:15 PM

No big impact from the shoot down. The shoot down does not even affect the stock market for a few days.

Well it doesn't hurt that Putin said he wishes to resolve this tactfully using diplomacy.
https://www.rt.com/op-edge/323366-turkey-russians-feel-betrayed/
That said he is irritated about the jet and is putting pressure on Turkey and how it trades with ISIS oil and other products although that has been known by everyone for a while.

Meanwhile Bitcoin carries on absent a WWIII scenario this is pretty neglible.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: