Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:46:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My S7 AntMiner Setup - Let me know what you think  (Read 2322 times)
blockchainmines (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:19:50 PM

I just created my new handle today not to worry, I am no rookie. I am looking forward to meeting new people. My goal is to focus on growing my mining operation and learning as much as I can from the people on these boards.  I have a few short videos in that I put in my youtube playlist, so enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw9YdiqJYTWDVhu2HrnE4hf5GiVxson00

Let me know, good and and bad.  I can take it  Wink

(I had to edit out the link because I guess it was suspicious)  Cheesy

LOL, here is the whole link hopefully this passes the filters.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:03:52 PM

Nice setup, congrats!
blockchainmines (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:05:52 PM

Thank You Sir!
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 12:15:21 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2015, 12:29:32 AM by padrino

Very nice looking setup, not sure if you mentioned it in your videos but much better PSU options than the EVGAs you are using.. If you scale up suggest you shift toward a server PSU option.. For a small setup like yours the layout is alright but you could certainly change it around quite a bit and help out your airflow...

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 12:17:26 AM

My S7 AntMiner Setup - Let me know what you think

I think this is without a doubt,  the stupidest setup that I've seen so far.

You have a lot of free space on the shelves.
Why must   PSU  be behind  a miner and soak up the  hot air from miner?
Yes, I saw those blue boxes, this is not the solution.

Why you do not  put  power supply between the miners ?

Why must the miners to blow directly against the wall ?
Just to see these wonderful lights an S7 controller ?  These lights do not help in most cases.
You may think that a miner works because the lights are all on and blinking , but in reality, hashing speed may have  low or zero.

For  monitoring ants  use programs on PC, and you do not need to see any light on controller.
 If, however, they need to see , then you should move away  the shelves from  the wall.
You can rotate miners  180 degrees , placing them blow hot air to a larger side of room.

Then you have to blow a lot of fresh air  at the wall side of miners.  Therefore, you need one more fan for that.

You can still use your ceiling fan for sucking warm air out , if you put a ventilation pipe in the middle of the room and combines it with existing fan.

However, it was very nice to see such a good solution for the distribution of electricity , and most importantly, nothing flammable (only these blue boxes can melt and burn)

vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:42:26 AM

what PSU do you use ?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 09:06:47 AM

That's what I was concerned about, seems so many pictures posted on here people have miners blowing at walls.

blockchainmines (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:53:50 PM

what PSU do you use ?

Most of them are Cool Max 1600's which have been solid through the s3's, s5's and now s7's.  Since the S7's I needed to purchase some more 1600 watt supplies and that when I jumped over to the  EVGA G2's
blockchainmines (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:19:48 AM

That's what I was concerned about, seems so many pictures posted on here people have miners blowing at walls.

There is a good couple feet of space and it really hasn't been an issue to this point.  The average air temp is around 72 degrees so the air coming out the back of my miners is not as hot as most.  When I mined out of my house, that was a totally different story, but the air flow is pretty good in this unit.   
blockchainmines (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 03:13:29 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2015, 12:25:20 AM by blockchainmines

My S7 AntMiner Setup - Let me know what you think

I think this is without a doubt,  the stupidest setup that I've seen so far.

You have a lot of free space on the shelves.
Why must   PSU  be behind  a miner and soak up the  hot air from miner?
Yes, I saw those blue boxes, this is not the solution.

Why you do not  put  power supply between the miners ?

Just to see these wonderful lights an S7 controller ?  These lights do not help in most cases.
You may think that a miner works because the lights are all on and blinking , but in reality, hashing speed may have  low or zero.

For  monitoring ants  use programs on PC, and you do not need to see any light on controller.
 If, however, they need to see , then you should move away  the shelves from  the wall.
You can rotate miners  180 degrees , placing them blow hot air to a larger side of room.

Then you have to blow a lot of fresh air  at the wall side of miners.  Therefore, you need one more fan for that.

You can still use your ceiling fan for sucking warm air out , if you put a ventilation pipe in the middle of the room and combines it with existing fan.

However, it was very nice to see such a good solution for the distribution of electricity , and most importantly, nothing flammable (only these blue boxes can melt and burn)

Lol, I don't even know where to begin with your feedback.  So I am going to keep it really simple.  Based on your response you clearly do not understand what a swamp cooler is and the direction of air flow it provides.  That was evident when you kept referring to it as a ceiling fan.  There were so many assumptions in your in your critique that were incorrect it was not even worth trying to correct them to give you a proper response, and with that I had to chalk up your initial introduction/insult of "worse set up ever" and toss it in the trash.  Even if half of your assumptions of my setup were correct I don't think you would be saying that, unless you were just trolling.  Either way no biggie to me.  I love feedback I can use, but yours was useless, and again I don't know if it was a trolling effort or just your lack of knowledge with my particular setup. 

At any rate your signature line leads me to believe you do this for fun and because you had enough insults in there to try empower yourself.  This was a weak effort to troll as there were so many facts that where wrong which makes makes me think you don't know as much as you think you do.  Just a thought. 

A more constructive approach rather than your tear down method which doesn't work on me would be to show me you set up.  If you have all the answers then lets see your set up.  

At any rate thanks for the response and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!  
AddictedtoBitcoin

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 04:48:42 PM

Well I think its pretty great!!!Wish I could have such a setup
blockchainmines (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:00:47 AM

Well I think its pretty great!!!Wish I could have such a setup

Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback. 
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:55:10 AM

Lol, I don't even know where to begin with your feedback.  So I am going to keep it really simple.  Based on your response you clearly do not understand what a swamp cooler is and the direction of air flow it provides.  That was evident when you kept referring to it as a ceiling fan.  There were so many assumptions in your in your critique that were incorrect it was not even worth trying to correct them to give you a proper response, and with that I had to chalk up your initial introduction/insult of "worse set up ever" and toss it in the trash.  Even if half of your assumptions of my setup were correct I don't think you would be saying that, unless you were just trolling.  Either way no biggie to me.  I love feedback I can use, but yours was useless, and again I don't know if it was a trolling effort or just your lack of knowledge with my particular setup. 

At any rate your signature line leads me to believe you do this for fun and because you had enough insults in there to try empower yourself.  This was a weak effort to troll as there were so many facts that where wrong which makes makes me think you don't know as much as you think you do.  Just a thought. 

A more constructive approach rather than your tear down method which doesn't work on me would be to show me you set up.  If you have all the answers then lets see your set up.  

Unlike you, I will not try with  youtube videos  teach others.
My setup is "bigger than yours",  but  in different rooms at my house, and the total of  three different places.

I can today received my 32 and 33   S7 from patch 5 and Tuesday, two more from patch 6 (4 TH/s miners)

But the 10 pieces of them are not in my house , because I do not have so much power . Only 3x 50A  at 220V

At home I have some full metal shelving and each shelf is only for 3 x double size S7  9.7 TH/s miner.
They were more with  S3 and S5 times, but S3 and S5 are now sold.

Each miner works an different phase . Not more  as 2,5 KW per phase, approximately 11A
The power to every shelf is given "temporary" with  moisture resistant rubber cables with  3x 16A connectors.

Some of the racks in  my main mining room are filled with the single S7 miners and with single S5+ cubes.

But the principle is the same.  Not more than 2x S7 (or S5+)  an one phase on  the 3 x !6A cable.

I did not use any of the house's own cable for mining. Not even on the second floor.  Everything is connected by a separate 16A 3 phase cables from  a separate 16A  circut breakers. Because mining is a temporary   At least I thought so, when I started with computers and video cards.

The entire hot air from main mining room goes out with the window fan, part of the heat going for heating the house first floor.
The second living  floor will warm  water cooled S5 miners. Again, with  small shelves  and completely portable.

For cooling the house i have 22kW  LG multisplit air conditioner with 7  inner part, but I do not use it to cool the miners.
In summer I use this FAN with flexible hose  if it's go too hot

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Master BL8800
7.800 m³/h

with Mitsubishi Electric S500 Inverter

Click to enlarge

http://www.acpd.co.uk/mitsubishi-s500-inverters.html

blockchainmines (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 01:40:55 AM

Unlike you, I will not try with  youtube videos  teach others.
My setup is "bigger than yours",  but  in different rooms at my house, and the total of  three different places.

I can today received my 32 and 33   S7 from patch 5 and Tuesday, two more from patch 6 (4 TH/s miners)

But the 10 pieces of them are not in my house , because I do not have so much power . Only 3x 50A  at 220V

At home I have some full metal shelving and each shelf is only for 3 x double size S7  9.7 TH/s miner.
They were more with  S3 and S5 times, but S3 and S5 are now sold.

Each miner works an different phase . Not more  as 2,5 KW per phase, approximately 11A
The power to every shelf is given "temporary" with  moisture resistant rubber cables with  3x 16A connectors.

Some of the racks in  my main mining room are filled with the single S7 miners and with single S5+ cubes.

But the principle is the same.  Not more than 2x S7 (or S5+)  an one phase on  the 3 x !6A cable.

I did not use any of the house's own cable for mining. Not even on the second floor.  Everything is connected by a separate 16A 3 phase cables from  a separate 16A  circut breakers. Because mining is a temporary   At least I thought so, when I started with computers and video cards.

The entire hot air from main mining room goes out with the window fan, part of the heat going for heating the house first floor.
The second living  floor will warm  water cooled S5 miners. Again, with  small shelves  and completely portable.

For cooling the house i have 22kW  LG multisplit air conditioner with 7  inner part, but I do not use it to cool the miners.
In summer I use this FAN with flexible hose  if it's go too hot

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Master BL8800
7.800 m³/h

with Mitsubishi Electric S500 Inverter

Click to enlarge

http://www.acpd.co.uk/mitsubishi-s500-inverters.html

I do appreciate your reply and regarding youtube it is not teach and I make that very clear but it is a place to share.   

33 S7's in your House???  That is an incredible amount of power for a residential location.  However I would love to see the pictures of your miners and the in action the way you have them described in your post.

I am sure you heating bill in next to nothing in the winter.

Have a nice evening!

blockchainmines (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 07:52:36 PM

Very nice looking setup, not sure if you mentioned it in your videos but much better PSU options than the EVGAs you are using.. If you scale up suggest you shift toward a server PSU option.. For a small setup like yours the layout is alright but you could certainly change it around quite a bit and help out your airflow...

I had quite a bit a feed back and also did some testing of my own but I came up with this setup which has made a night and day difference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1C2LQnBr2Y
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: