Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:06:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust system and moderation action.  (Read 1129 times)
crazyearner (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 03:04:24 AM

Who is actually in charge of this? I know it is not moderated but I think this needs to be re thought and revised and thought out better. So many people abuse this and maybe it is time for a change and have this properly updated and moderated and a set team of people who have the power to apply to have trust removed and or edited with a right to review. Many people take Trust reviews serious and others do not but a lot of people do.

So much negative ratings get added and do not get removed even when you ask that person to remove because as put on a persons rating for stupid reasons or you just get ignored.

Who would be the best person to speak to to actually get a special team put together to crack down on this type of abuse?

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 03:09:04 AM

The community as a whole is "in charge" of the trust system as a whole.

If someone gives you a negative rating that you do not agree with, at the end of the day, it is up to the person who left it to remove it. You can elicit support from the community to put pressure on them to remove such negative trust however.

(I do not see any negative trust from anyone anywhere near DT on your trust profile.....does one of your alts have negative trust?)
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 03:12:11 AM

anybody can decide whom to trust and edit his trustlist accordingly.

the trust-circle you want to have is there: its basically the trustlist of theymos which is the default for new users (and level 2 and 3).

IMHO the trust system isnt perfect but replacing it with a moderated one would be bad. i dont want that people i dont know (and maybe dont trust at all) can change trust ratings from people i specifically want to trust.

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
V.Lace

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:58:06 AM

It would be nice people with if only market place trust was solid, I do not see opinionated FB important here.  Trust should be given for trades or any other monetary action.

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:50:29 AM

the trust-circle you want to have is there: its basically the trustlist of theymos which is the default for new users (and level 2 and 3).

IMHO the trust system isnt perfect but replacing it with a moderated one would be bad. i dont want that people i dont know (and maybe dont trust at all) can change trust ratings from people i specifically want to trust.

But the trust system right now is basically moderated. Moderated by DT members which have the power to make someone green or red with only 1 rating. You can give 100 good trust ratings to someone but if you are not in DT no one will care so in the end the system is still controlled by someone.
onemorexmr

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:52:41 AM

But the trust system right now is basically moderated. Moderated by DT members which have the power to make someone green or red with only 1 rating. You can give 100 good trust ratings to someone but if you are not in DT no one will care so in the end the system is still controlled by someone.

not true; many people (esp people who trade here) have customized their trust list and dt doesnt have power over them.

but as i said: trustsystem isnt perfect; but imho good enough

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
Mirdude

Activity: 319

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 10:58:23 AM

I'm so confused as well as to who can and can't give out trust, and how to get it removed.
onemorexmr

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:14:42 AM

I'm so confused as well as to who can and can't give out trust, and how to get it removed.

- anybody can rate anybody
 - you decide whoms rates you trust
 - if you want a rating removed: contact the person who has rated you

people who are trusted by theymos (and two levels below that) have more power, because many accounts automatically trust them (it shows as DefaultTrust in your trust list). you can remove that line if you want to maintain it yourself (i have kept defaulttrust, but added and excluded some in my trust list and changed the depth to 1)

InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 11:18:11 AM

This thing is complicated and mods will have many problems if they get involved and start moderating every feedback left/reported.
I am with putting rules when should a DT member give a positive trust for example after a successful trade that worth at least 0.5 or 1BTC...etc, and when they should or shouldn't leave a negative trust (little hard tho)..
Trusts from non-DT members are useless but i support any action in order to remove any NT without a reference or from trust abusers...

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
onemorexmr

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:23:49 AM

This thing is complicated and mods will have many problems if they get involved and start moderating every feedback left/reported.
I am with putting rules when should a DT member give a positive trust for example after a successful trade that worth at least 0.5 or 1BTC...etc, and when they should or shouldn't leave a negative trust (little hard tho)..
Trusts from non-DT members are useless but i support any action in order to remove any NT without a reference or from trust abusers...

i dont think ratings from non-defaulttrust members are useless. my trustlist contains people not on DT and i value their opinion

TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:25:17 AM

Too many people abuse the trust. And there's one guy that we know is king of that here, and barely makes trades. Don't need to post names, because we know who it is. I have always questioned why they hadn't been banned for their merciless trolling.

Is he sleeping with one of the staff members or something........

It's a legitimate question to ask.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:40:21 AM

Too many people abuse the trust. And there's one guy that we know is king of that here, and barely makes trades. Don't need to post names, because we know who it is. I have always questioned why they hadn't been banned for their merciless trolling.

Eh I'm guessing you're talking about Vod here. He's the newbie-saver and has stopped many scams IIRC. At any rate, which "trolling" are you talking about?
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 04:10:47 PM

Who is actually in charge of this? I know it is not moderated but I think this needs to be re thought and revised and thought out better. So many people abuse this and maybe it is time for a change and have this properly updated and moderated and a set team of people who have the power to apply to have trust removed and or edited with a right to review. Many people take Trust reviews serious and others do not but a lot of people do.

So much negative ratings get added and do not get removed even when you ask that person to remove because as put on a persons rating for stupid reasons or you just get ignored.

Who would be the best person to speak to to actually get a special team put together to crack down on this type of abuse?
I think the admins were but as time have passed they realized it's just a forum account and should stop caring about it and now are out of it (but some level 1's are inn with their alt's) . But we do have enough close-minded and childish mentalities who are fully satisfied by abusing it (forum freaks) .
however , you are a legendary and i think you got ton's of coins backed up .Bitcoin will never get mainstream and to an extinct we know what it is ,i would say just stop caring and let the kids satisfy themselves. Smiley
Nothing is likely to change. Smiley

yo
XinXan

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 04:43:06 PM

When someone abuses the DT position they get red trusted and eventually kicked out of DT. So just because you think someone has abused the system doesn't mean he actually did, if you have any compaints and evidence for it go ahead and open a scam accusation.

By the way, staff does not have the ability to kick someone out of DT, it's the user who has that user in his trust list who is able to kick him out.
crazyearner (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:24:12 AM

Wish it would be put to a stop once and for all. theirs loads people neg rating just for stupid things and some people do like to have some sort of trust rating to show some sort of trust to prove their trust worthy. Even without people can trust but it is harder to go off o trust ratings trades or activity. Winds me up when I get neg rating and I have a few for doing gambling and promoting stuff but to be honest neg rating for that is kind stupid and they are doing exactly the same thing. Maybe an idea would be to remove the rating system and introduce a full new system with moderation and approval system needed to be sent to mods team and see if worthy might create work, but least this way systems do not get abused.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Fwdxlsh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:37:30 AM

Wish it would be put to a stop once and for all. theirs loads people neg rating just for stupid things and some people do like to have some sort of trust rating to show some sort of trust to prove their trust worthy. Even without people can trust but it is harder to go off o trust ratings trades or activity. Winds me up when I get neg rating and I have a few for doing gambling and promoting stuff but to be honest neg rating for that is kind stupid and they are doing exactly the same thing. Maybe an idea would be to remove the rating system and introduce a full new system with moderation and approval system needed to be sent to mods team and see if worthy might create work, but least this way systems do not get abused.
The site is looking like a joke. Sad We need to do something quick. Not only is trust abuse happening, somebody is reportedly giving out death threats but never got banned!
XinXan

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:14:24 PM

The site is looking like a joke. Sad We need to do something quick. Not only is trust abuse happening, somebody is reportedly giving out death threats but never got banned!

You don't get banned for neither of those things, no one gets banned for scamming either you just get red trusted, banning someone who is threatening to kill someone else is not going to help and what abuse of trust are you talking about exactly? There is no such thing. You can trust whoever you want
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:57:04 PM

You have gotten multiple threads at this point off track.  If you have a credible death threat and not a troll again.. contact police.  As I suggested before you need to stop hijacking threads with this.   Open your own thread in meta to talk about it.  It has nothing to do with trust.

On trust it is all up to the person which is good and bad.  Good thing is if misunderstanding you can go to person and possibly work it out to remove it.  Bad thing some will put it there for no reason.  The ones who do it for no reason tend not to carry much weight.  You will see I have 1 that the person just called me a name ... but since it carried no weight it does not really matter.
crazyearner (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:05:39 AM

You have gotten multiple threads at this point off track.  If you have a credible death threat and not a troll again.. contact police.  As I suggested before you need to stop hijacking threads with this.   Open your own thread in meta to talk about it.  It has nothing to do with trust.

On trust it is all up to the person which is good and bad.  Good thing is if misunderstanding you can go to person and possibly work it out to remove it.  Bad thing some will put it there for no reason.  The ones who do it for no reason tend not to carry much weight.  You will see I have 1 that the person just called me a name ... but since it carried no weight it does not really matter.

I would agree it is indeed upto that person to trust or not but when you want to do activity on here or look to take on jobs and have a neg rating of say -20 for stupid things people can be over looked on approval as this has been proven elsewhere. I have seen time and time again people without neg ratings generally get a lot more trust than someone with - rating and red ratings for stupid things. But their rules are a lot more strict and have moderation in place for this type of abuse and that person gets investigated and if found to be neg rating all ratings get removed and that person neg rated and removed from the ability to rate someone in the future.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
quad588

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 05:44:53 AM

I do not think anyone is in charge but i think theymos can remove ratings if it is necessary
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: