Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:05:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Primed  (Read 9305 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Cozynunu

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 03:17:22 PM

Misplaced optimism, I fear. There's no sky-rocketing any more. We'll lurch from $10 price rise/fall every few days until the halving in July, maybe up to 600 if we're lucky. After July, we'll see price collapse to 300-350. There's way too much expectation of rise to the moon, don't forget bitcoin always does the opposite of your expectations.

maybe maybe not last time same prediction were maid and few months later we had biggest high in btc price so far
i will be patience this time i will not rush like then
Banks are hating Bitcoin because the value is going to rise more and more and it is also becoming more popular so that is nice for the currency itself.
And the transaction cost are also much lower than the banks and it happens also much faster so that is the nice thing of Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dumpida

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2016, 03:53:56 PM

Misplaced optimism, I fear. There's no sky-rocketing any more. We'll lurch from $10 price rise/fall every few days until the halving in July, maybe up to 600 if we're lucky. After July, we'll see price collapse to 300-350. There's way too much expectation of rise to the moon, don't forget bitcoin always does the opposite of your expectations.

maybe maybe not last time same prediction were maid and few months later we had biggest high in btc price so far
Banks are hating Bitcoin because the value is going to rise more and more and it is also becoming more popular so that is nice for the currency itself.
And the transaction cost are also much lower than the banks and it happens also much faster so that is the nice thing of Bitcoin.

If the banks use the bitcoin, it will cut their operating cost quite lot. They are evaluting at the moment. If they are allowed to use it, they will use it.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
Unidonade

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 10:50:15 AM

If the banks use the bitcoin, it will cut their operating cost quite lot. They are evaluting at the moment. If they are allowed to use it, they will use it.

Banks are there to make the money. They will use anything allowed by the regulatory to make profits.
Yatsida

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:01:35 PM

Banks are there to make the money. They will use anything allowed by the regulatory to make profits.

If the banks can make more money by providing service with bitcoin, they will lobby the authority to do that.
dumpida

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:19:43 AM

If the banks can make more money by providing service with bitcoin, they will lobby the authority to do that.

The banks are adopting the block chain technolgy to cut the operating cost. If they use bitcoin, they can cut cost further.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
.JOIN NOW.
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 09:12:49 AM

Just noticed my thread has been bumped so might aswell post a chart! Thanks for keeping my thread going Smiley

Heres 1week log chart on Bitstamp

My take on it is that there are two mini bubbles in this bull trend. The first was the spike to $500 the last was the spike up past $700. At the moment we are still correcting from that last bubble, I think bitcoin will probably stay a bit flat or down perhaps until September or later.

Ultimately with supply halved, and possibility of stock market collapse, economic crisis, bank bailouts and all that stuff still looking like it could easily happen, I still think bitcoin has potential to achieve great new highs in the longer term.
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 12:04:33 AM

Although not following my initial predictions/guesses, when I started this thread bitcoin was at about $320 now at roughly $750, not too bad so far.  

For anyone that may be interested my thoughts on recent gold, silver and bitcoin post Trump victory are on my blog

https://afbitcoins.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/gold-and-silver-trumped/
Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 12:54:32 AM

Although not following my initial predictions/guesses, when I started this thread bitcoin was at about $320 now at roughly $750, not too bad so far.  

For anyone that may be interested my thoughts on recent gold, silver and bitcoin post Trump victory are on my blog

https://afbitcoins.wordpress.com/2016/11/22/gold-and-silver-trumped/

I guess brother as far as we are in the pitch fork and didn't violate it, we are in a good standing (I'm referring to the latest pitch fork in your blog post), we just need to come closer to the median and I guess this is highly possible before 12/31.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 08:39:06 AM

Hi Fakhoury, heres a closer look at that fork.

Hopefully it is highly possible, if bitcoin does continue up past current levels to reach to the median that would take it to about $840.
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2016, 08:41:41 AM

Same fork zoomed out further

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 09:55:20 AM

Same fork zoomed out further

Nice upwards channel we are in right now.
I would say give it another 2-3 months and we may see the real halving effect kicking in.
It happenend back in 2012/2013 and I believe we will see similar things to happen again.
This could push us even higher.I'm hoping for a 2x of the price at halving day, this would result in a price of around $1270.
jondeen707

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:02:32 AM

The banks are adopting the block chain technolgy to cut the operating cost. If they use bitcoin, they can cut cost further.

Don't get it wrong, banks are not interested in utilizing Bitcoin's blockchain, they are after creating their own ones based on the original blockchain design so that they maintain 100% control over them.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:03:42 PM

Don't get it wrong, banks are not interested in utilizing Bitcoin's blockchain, they are after creating their own ones based on the original blockchain design so that they maintain 100% control over them.

this is absolutely true they try to create it for few year but they wont do it like they think it would be
for cost bank will increase interest on every single transaction that why they want to create there own blockchain but they will faild

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 11:51:40 AM

Another chart

Bitcoin still seems to be obeying bullish trend, which i like Smiley Found support more than once on the second trendline up from bottom of my fork. So I guess we seem to be aiming for median line which is now above $850 roughly.  Currently we are approaching level of the last peak in June which may provide a bit of resistance though.

If bitcoin can continue upwards to top of the fork that is getting to new all time highs territory  Shocked
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 10:46:29 PM

Another chart

Bitcoin still seems to be obeying bullish trend, which i like Smiley Found support more than once on the second trendline up from bottom of my fork. So I guess we seem to be aiming for median line which is now above $850 roughly.  Currently we are approaching level of the last peak in June which may provide a bit of resistance though.

If bitcoin can continue upwards to top of the fork that is getting to new all time highs territory  Shocked

I agree with all but the bold.
I'm waiting for $850 before I even look at a chart again.

afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 10:46:11 AM

Interesting price action on bitstamp, (and I presume other exchanges too) spiking above and then spiking back below the resistance line on my previous chart. Could this be the start of the next leg up over $800 ??

afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2016, 06:34:29 PM

As expected / hoped for bitcoin reeached median line of my fork

At that median it looks like resistance has been hit.

On one hour chart, tried to break through but couldn't sustain

I guess we'll have some consolidation at these levels now but for how long. If bitcoin pushes up through that median line, I would say new all time highs beckon shortly after.

Afrikoin
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 04:27:57 PM

What is the state of the fork?

Update please

TIA

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄