Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:29:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Volatility trading  (Read 814 times)
bitVolatility (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:50:19 AM

Dear All,

I have recently wrote automatic trading program that is simply speaking buys low, sells high. Currently I'm testing it. I have my own ~0.5 BTC trading there. For the past 10 days it gives about 0.1%/day when price returns to initial level. I need more liquidity. The return is not guaranteed. If price is sharply go up almost all BTC would be converted to USD and you will get less compared to just holding. If price sharply go down all USD will be converted to BTC, and you will get more BTC with less USD equivalent.

Given I have no reputation here I'm currently looking for someone ready to risk 0.1-1 BTC for 1 month in exchange for reputation here. Due to small profit there is no point to invest less - transfer fees would be larger.
Part of invested BTC will be converted to USD almost immediately.
After one month I'll take 0.1% of USD values from each trade. You'll get a list of trades.
All USD will be converted to BTC and sent to you minus 0.0001BTC for transfer.
If you would be willing I can return BTC when the price returns to the original level so that you will clearly see the profit.

The point here is to establish trust, and for that reason I'm ready to share the list of trades as an audit measure. As more people would be involved with investing the crowd could select one of the investors with good reputation as an auditor.  

The goal for the current project is 100BTC in the future - no fast profit. No ponzi scheme. 100BTC limit.

Best.
PS. I do believe that volatility does prevent doing business with BTC, thus lowering it demand, thus preventing price steadily but slow go up. This is my small coin for measure against volatility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 05:21:14 AM

Could you provide any proof of your working bot? What exchange does your "bot" work through? Are there any tests that the bot runs to test if it's a good investment? Maybe bitcoin is crashing for good, and your bot spends all your money on a dead coin.

Try using some TestNet coins to test out your bot, to start off.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
bitVolatility (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:07:35 AM

Could you provide any proof of your working bot? What exchange does your "bot" work through? Are there any tests that the bot runs to test if it's a good investment? Maybe bitcoin is crashing for good, and your bot spends all your money on a dead coin.

Try using some TestNet coins to test out your bot, to start off.

Thanks a lot for replying. I was not aware of TestNet.
I trade on Bitfinex. I'll see if I want to spend time for the proof, as reporting on a website the performance, or better concentrate on improving performance, by adding different algorithms first.

This strategy will not work in monotonically moving market. It is only good if price fluctuates, and average is moving slowly.
Bot does not work for a long time, So there is no good performance proof. And as you know past performance is not a a guarantee for future performance! It is a matter of your believes- buy and hold or play on fluctuations, or short if you see no future for bitcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: