Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:34:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tide Is Turning  (Read 2925 times)
Zarathustra (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:50:43 AM

https://bitco.in/forum/threads/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up.16/page-124#post-4351
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3u9mnq/gavin_andresen_i_might_take_over_lead_of_bitcoin/cxd3tjc

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 09:58:07 AM

yes tide is rising again not much but hope will die last
pass over 340 expect to see it over 350 by end of day

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:04:57 AM

It´s very strange, normally you would anticipate a price dropp just before black friday, I think a crash is still coming around christmas, or mostly the week before Smiley

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 10:09:20 AM

Not much? It is up almost 10% in a day. That is a huge rise by all standards..

This pace we might see 400 on black Friday, makes your purchases really cheap if you got bitcoins before yesterday.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:02:41 AM

It´s very strange, normally you would anticipate a price dropp just before black friday, I think a crash is still coming around christmas, or mostly the week before Smiley

No it would be the opposite in my opinion a Price rally as people stock up on Bitcoins before black friday, a price drop after the merchants convert the Bitcoins back after black friday sort of a double dip effect.

Pollak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Pollak

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:02:44 AM

Glad to see this happening.

We might hit $400 before black friday after all.

We'll just have to wait and see, really excited to wake up to this.

unent

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

No it would be the opposite in my opinion a Price rally as people stock up on Bitcoins before black friday, a price drop after the merchants convert the Bitcoins back after black friday sort of a double dip effect.

That's what happened during Black Friday week last year. There was a modest pump beforehand, and a dump afterwards. I had given up on a pump after watching the price decline until yesterday, and this pump caught me by surprise. Over £30 up in 24 hours is an extremely fast pump.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:24:25 AM

That's what happened during Black Friday week last year. There was a modest pump beforehand, and a dump afterwards. I had given up on a pump after watching the price decline until yesterday, and this pump caught me by surprise. Over £30 up in 24 hours is an extremely fast pump.

It's a more than welcome increase. I as trader would like to see these kind of unexpected increases more often Smiley When people expect a lot from Bitcoin, nothing is happening. When people aren't expecting anything, then the price is showing action. Let's not expect anything from the price, ok?
unent

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:29:52 AM

It's a more than welcome increase. I as trader would like to see these kind of unexpected increases more often Smiley When people expect a lot from Bitcoin, nothing is happening. When people aren't expecting anything, then the price is showing action. Let's not expect anything from the price, ok?

OK

I keep searching the news for another reason for the pump besides Black Friday but I can't find anything. Nobody really gave a convincing reason for the pump to 500, it just seemed to happen without any reason. I'm giving up expecting news to pump the price, it's like the news doesn't affect it.
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:36:17 AM

What can I say people are lazy when it comes towards these type of things, I'm sure that there are a lot of individuals who are getting coins at the last minute just in case they want to get some goods, afterwards what people and merchants decide to do with their coins will depend.
Although since part of that volume is Chinese and it's not singles day maybe the Chinese are interested in some online Bitcoin deals ha-ha
Or MMM ponzi it continues lol.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:42:16 AM

Yeah, this is what will probably happen, what goes up must come down and tomorrow is the day that will do something to the price anyway however short term it is.
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 11:58:58 AM

The Tide is Turning you say..

Here is Gavin Andresen to the rescue, ready to pimp Bitcoin XT for another round with it's upgrade path and blacklists. The Coinbase CEO and Roger Ver will surely be behind it as well.

And Gold is going down! That's the thing that China and other BRICS countries have been buying.. While the US has largely depleted it's reserves on the sly.

No way Chinese mining farms will get behind Bitcoin XT, and neither should the community. Anyway, it will be easy to trade for the next while, now you know the price will be driven by how close the XT fork is to being implemented.

And if you want to feel like a superhero as you're 'sticking it to the bankers', just get a chip implanted for NFC payments!!

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:02:20 PM

It already has and it is not the end of day for another 12 hours Roll Eyes
Set that reach to $400 now.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 12:07:29 PM

Has XT not gone away yet?

So what happens if XT diverges from bitcoin, do you have the same number of bitcoins on two different blockchains suddenly. Sorry for noobish question but I don't really understaned the repercussions.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:11:15 PM

Looks like we're hitting that rocket-high Black Friday rate soon!
unent

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:12:18 PM

It already has and it is not the end of day for another 12 hours Roll Eyes
Set that reach to $400 now.

There is talk in other threads that the next target is 285, and probably 400 after that. During the pump to 500 it went up 100 dollars in about 8 hours, so it's possible for the price to sail through target after target in less than half a day. Reaching 400 before the end of today seems possible.
dragonseer

Activity: 611

Anglo Saxon Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 12:24:30 PM

Has XT not gone away yet?

So what happens if XT diverges from bitcoin, do you have the same number of bitcoins on two different blockchains suddenly. Sorry for noobish question but I don't really understaned the repercussions.

Most agree that it's not wanted or needed.. Similarly though, people didn't want to launch an invasion of Iraq either and that happened regardless.

Technically, I believe that if 70% of nodes are running XT, then the network has forked. So even if you don't update your client, the new network is in effect. This new network maintains a blacklist (connections are blocked if they come from a TOR network, however, this blacklist can be updated so your coins will be not be able to be transacted out of your wallet if the maintainers put you on their naughty list) and that is why it is such a horrible thing to do to Bitcoin, which is non-discriminatory in nature.

Crypto sales and more here: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/dragon-seer
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:25:25 PM

There has to be a pump first so there can be a crash. This thing today, a $30 raise, is nothing. It may look good on 15m charts but there's still no real peak to fall down from.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:36:13 PM

There has to be a pump first so there can be a crash. This thing today, a $30 raise, is nothing. It may look good on 15m charts but there's still no real peak to fall down from.

I wouldn't call a $30 price increase in less than a day nothing. The price is up 10% in a day, that's great! Bitfinex even reached $369.90 today. I think it's now time for some traders to secure profits before we can advance further. Let's see if this attempt can make it to $400 in the comming days.
manis

Activity: 303

View Profile
November 26, 2015, 01:48:01 PM

Then any merchants holding bitcoins after Black Friday would get singed. Not good for the bitcoin community, is it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: