Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:03:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Private school is child slavery!!!  (Read 8717 times)
myrkul (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 01:22:19 AM

Continuing the discussion from the previous thread...

Bitcoin actually provides the perfect voluntaryist solution to keep track of who has paid how much for what services.  You didn't chip in for school?  Your kids don't go.

That's a terrible example.
That's a terrible response.

Don't be an idiot. In another thread (about corporal punishment), you and Rudd-O are getting all righteous about child rights and acting like even the tiniest bit of behaviour modification is some kind of crime against humanity, yet you fail to see the bleeding obvious injustice when a child suffers due to his or her parents' inability to pay school fees. Hypocrite.
Ohhhh.... So you think school should be "free" then?

If it means that the children of jobless hippies get the same educational opportunities as the children of right-wing extremists, then yes. Free AKA: "libre". Or does liberty only apply to a privileged class whose parents can pay?
Good news! It is. It's called "homeschooling." Really, you should Google it.

If someone is providing a service for you, on the other hand, then they need to be compensated, don't you think so?

Don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of child slavery or indebtedness.
Hmm. I wonder how all those private school parents will react when I tell them that they are practicing "child slavery"?

No, seriously. WTF are you talking about?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 01:25:38 AM

Continuing the discussion from the previous thread...

Bitcoin actually provides the perfect voluntaryist solution to keep track of who has paid how much for what services.  You didn't chip in for school?  Your kids don't go.

That's a terrible example.
That's a terrible response.

Don't be an idiot. In another thread (about corporal punishment), you and Rudd-O are getting all righteous about child rights and acting like even the tiniest bit of behaviour modification is some kind of crime against humanity, yet you fail to see the bleeding obvious injustice when a child suffers due to his or her parents' inability to pay school fees. Hypocrite.
Ohhhh.... So you think school should be "free" then?

If it means that the children of jobless hippies get the same educational opportunities as the children of right-wing extremists, then yes. Free AKA: "libre". Or does liberty only apply to a privileged class whose parents can pay?
Good news! It is. It's called "homeschooling." Really, you should Google it.

If someone is providing a service for you, on the other hand, then they need to be compensated, don't you think so?

Don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of child slavery or indebtedness.
Hmm. I wonder how all those private school parents will react when I tell them that they are practicing "child slavery"?

No, seriously. WTF are you talking about?

What, don't you understand?  Clearly if you teach stuff to your children yourself, or you pay for a private school to teach your children useful stuff, you are enslaving them and indebting them.  Don't you understand that?  Obviously!

Hahahaha, blather3 cracks me up.
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 01:42:21 AM

I notice that you removed the bold highlight I added to one of your replies, so you do know what I'm talking about.
I didn't "remove" it, I just didn't add it back.

That depends. If the child wants to buy lollies, then yes, they will have to part with some of their pocket money. But you're not seriously suggesting that a child should work in order to pay off a schooling debt if their parents are unable to pay?
But the kid isn't the one receiving the service. You are. They're teaching your child for you.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 01:49:08 AM

I notice that you removed the bold highlight I added to one of your replies, so you do know what I'm talking about.
I didn't "remove" it, I just didn't add it back.

That depends. If the child wants to buy lollies, then yes, they will have to part with some of their pocket money. But you're not seriously suggesting that a child should work in order to pay off a schooling debt if their parents are unable to pay?
But the kid isn't the one receiving the service. You are. They're teaching your child for you.

That's too truthful, simple and obvious to have any effect in blatherblatherblather's mind.

If you want him to agree with you, I suggest the following:

You have to understand, there is absolutely no way that a child can get an education in a voluntaryist society unless you enslave him to pay for his education.  No adult would reasonably think "Well, my child, a creature I chose to bring into this world, needs to learn, so I'll pay for that learning" because, you see, people are too stupid, so they need to be forced into half-a-day-every-weekday concentration camps where they will be told what to believe so there's no way in hell that a responsible adult would actually pay for the service of teaching his own child.  People are malevolent and lazy and shit so obviously statism.

That'll get blather's boner going.
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 02:06:52 AM

Well well well... So the child is 'owned' by you?

And the attitudes, material wealth, and political views of the parents somehow justify some children getting more educational opportunities than others?

Every child has the same educational opportunities. Every moment of a child's life is an educational opportunity... and they use it. Sponges, they are.

Not sure how you got "the child is 'owned' by me" out of that.

Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 02:12:09 AM

Well well well... So the child is 'owned' by you?

And the attitudes, material wealth, and political views of the parents somehow justify some children getting more educational opportunities than others?

Every child has the same educational opportunities. Every moment of a child's life is an educational opportunity... and they use it. Sponges, they are.

Not sure how you got "the child is 'owned' by me" out of that.

Obviously because you don't want to be forced into paying for a statist indoctrination camp -- perhaps preferring homeschooling or unschooling or private schooling -- the "logical" alternative must be that you believe your child is chattel.

You have to be statist to understand this "logic".
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 02:17:18 AM

Hold on there, stop complaining and get back to your studies. Your parents aren't paying for you to have arguments on the internet.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 02:21:02 AM

Hold on there, stop complaining and get back to your studies. Your parents aren't paying for you to have arguments on the internet.

Vacation LOL!

(Yeah, I have to wait until I get permission from Daddy Gummint to go back to my house and my woman and my car and my life.  I believe they call this paperwork "H-1B".  So I'm enjoying vacation right now.  Blatherblatherblather has provided lots of amusement these days.)
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 02:34:13 AM

btw, what happens to children in ancap when their parents die and there is no relative?

cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 02:44:02 AM

btw, what happens to children in ancap when their parents die and there is no relative?

In colonial America, the community used to auction orphans in public market. [can supply references if need to be]
There is a question about where the revenue goes if there is no minimalist state to collect it.

Perhaps the orphan transfers itself to an entrepreneur and the entrepreneur auctions the orphan off?
cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 02:49:00 AM

perhaps preferring homeschooling or unschooling or private schooling

Of the three options for libertarians, it seems that option 2 is the most popular.
cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 03:07:04 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2012, 03:20:16 AM by cunicula

Too complicated. If some people think it's unfair that CCA or Foxconn get first dibs for no apparent reason, then decentralised ownership is clearly the way to go. In addition to block rewards and fees, "orphan services" should be added to the list of perks that the miners receive when discovering a block of currency units.

Brilliant! The txn fee problem can be solved by the appropriation of resources with ambiguous ownership, namely orphans. All we need to do is funnel more goods, people, etc., with no clear owner into the blockchain to assign owners and bitcoin will become sustainable.

Theft doesn't occur in libertarian environments. Therefore, living chattel will not resist rightful appropriation.

Question: Are females chattel? Can we randomly assign widows to new owners too? I haven't read the latest treatises on natural law. Please update me on the modern theory. Random assignment seems about right, but I wouldn't want to propose anything immoral.

My only reservation: Random allocation via the blockchain is at odds with the principles of our colonial ancestors. They showed support for orphan auctions through common practice. On the other hand, the founding fathers did not have access to cryptocurrency technology. Given the technology, random allocation is obviously preferable.
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 03:25:36 AM

I can't tell from the content (killfile and all), but looking at the mequetrefes from this forum collectively and suddenly assembling here, and gathering some of my experience talking to statists, there appears to be a neutron star level concentration of statism in this thread.

Like, hardcore statism, probably suggesting that voluntaryists sell children to businesses or serial child rapists, because they do not share their selling-children-to-indoctrination-camps dogma (where children are oh so safe, they could never get drugs, or shanked, or bullied, or children could never get molested there either, because molesters obviously couldn't get a job there -- lol).  But I wouldn't know

Modern statism makes it very, very easy for a reasonable person to put their finger directly in the wound.

Win.  Did I guess right?
cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 03:30:58 AM

I can't tell from the content, but looking at the mequetrefes from this forum collectively and suddenly assembling here, there appears to be a neutron star level concentration of statism in this thread.  Like hardcore statism, probably suggesting that voluntaryists sell children to businesses because they do not share their selling-children-to-indoctrination-camps dogma.

Win.

We would never suggest such a thing. Owners take care of their property.

If you read carefully, we were talking about unassigned common pool resources, namely orphans.

Are you arguing that common pool resources should not be assigned to private owners? If so, I don't think this thread can help you. There is a re-education thread which may be more suited to your needs.
I have noticed that the people's libertarian hero, The Great Augusto Croppo, has marked you for re-education. I suggest you take his advice.
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 03:32:39 AM

Cunticula keeps replying.  He probably thinks he's having a conversation with someone who doesn't much care to read his garbage.  Oops.
cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 03:37:46 AM

Cunticula keeps replying.  He probably thinks he's having a conversation with someone who doesn't much care to read his garbage.  Oops.

As a lowly Statist, I wouldn't dare reply using my own thoughts. I was merely citing the Great Augusto Croppo, the People's Libertarian Hero. Beloved of Theymos and sharing in his interests and hobbies.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=121093.msg1336091#msg1336091
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 03:55:29 AM

The "conversation" continues.  I can only surmise the statists have devised a devious scheme involving child slavery and children-as-chattel (ginve that's they usually feel about children, their "what about the children"s notwithstanding).
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 04:03:11 AM

I bothered to read this thread.  I can never get that lifespan back.  Not only do I not have anything constructive to add to the topic, apparently neither does anyone else.  Since this entire thread seems to be the trolling version of a circular firing squad, I'll just leave it all be. 

And yes, I'm now counting myself amongst the trolls here.  I guess I'm now slumming.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 04:05:44 AM

Oh Godvernment now the thread has a person who considers children to be chattel.

Well, at least he homeschools.
cunicula
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 04:07:42 AM

Oh Godvernment now the thread has a person who considers children to be chattel.

Well, at least he homeschools.

Moonshadow is an old time libertarian cadre. He was here for the long march up to $30 and the short fall down to $0.01. I suggest you watch your tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: