Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:22:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [closed] Mtgox sending to an address twice - how long to resolve?  (Read 1720 times)
sc8nt4u (OP)

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 03:44:07 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2011, 04:27:35 AM by sc8nt4u

http://blockexplorer.com/address/13jiw6a4JxNBq4tiSH9zwwruzfxFMMrgqb

It's been a month since I double sent to an address MtGox supplied me. Yes it was my fault, copying and pasting complete failure, but is besides the point now that it has taken so long to resolve. I've sent 2 e-mails which were never replied to, and a PM to MagicalTux 2 weeks ago in which he responded:

Hi,

Handling of those cases ("I sent twice to the only usable once address") is done low priority. Your funds will be credited soon.

Mark

So how long does it take? Anyone in a similar situation?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 04:56:19 PM

yeeesh, that's an unfortunate situation to be in. 3 weeks is kind of ridiculous on the part of mt gox.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2011, 06:28:14 PM

If it is any consolation, I made the same mistake a few days ago (and am still waiting for the 25 BTC to appear in my account...)

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
sc8nt4u (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:25:38 AM

yeeesh, that's an unfortunate situation to be in. 3 weeks is kind of ridiculous on the part of mt gox.

Yep. It's been a lot slower since Jed sold MtGox. Hopefully this warns others about double sending payments and watching out what your copy and pasting in the send box  Tongue
sc8nt4u (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 01:45:06 PM

Anyone have this problem solved? Timeline?
niooron

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:51:23 PM

With all the money mtgox is obtaining they should stop being greedy, and hire more people for customer support.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 04:08:51 PM

With all the money mtgox is obtaining they should stop being greedy, and hire more people for customer support.

Or perhaps you could put your bitcoins where your mouth is and start a competing exchange instead of telling people how to run theirs.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
niooron

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 04:24:33 PM

Or perhaps you could put your bitcoins where your mouth is and start a competing exchange instead of telling people how to run theirs.

Mtgox actually wants their customers to tell them how to run their exchange, or they wouldn't ask for suggestions on their main page. Stop being butthurt.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 04:29:13 PM

Mtgox actually wants their customers to tell them how to run their exchange, or they wouldn't ask for suggestions on their main page. Stop being butthurt.

In my experience, those that use the statement 'butthurt' are often the ones smarting. As you may be new to the internet in general, I've included the direct link to offer up your invaluable feedback and business savvy.

https://mtgox.com/support/contact

Let us know how that works out for you.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:08:55 PM

He is in the process of doing that. The first lady he hired wasn't very good with English, so MagicalTux had to let her go. Once he finds someone else, he'll still have to train them.

sc8nt4u (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 01:32:58 AM

Still waiting for a timeline of anyone that has been in this particular situation. Still haven't received my BTCs yet and its closing in on a month now.
sc8nt4u (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 09:16:47 AM

Officially been 1 month now.
sc8nt4u (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:27:14 AM

This case was officially resolved on June 22nd, 2011, a full 40 days after first e-mailing support.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: